Hacking Easiest way to mod a xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinohScene Kind of hijacking the thread here, but what would be the best way to hack a phat 360 (likely Falcon) with a liteon drive? When I looked it up years ago it required opening the DVD drive and using a probe along with the right SATA chipset to obtain the key. I bought a SATA card with the right chipset back then but it seemed too much work/too risky to open the console and the drive up and poke it with a probe. Just wondering if it's gotten easier now since you seem to be the xbox 360 guru around these parts.

I had no issues probing the drive I’m more than sure you shouldn’t either. I have an x360 usb pro v2 so I don’t know how you’d approach the computer way but Mario has some really informative videos for everything you need to do. For the probe I used two wires from the harness unplugged and used a needle attached to wire on end and then unplugged the other when JF told me to and then I got what o needed. PM me if you need the links. Not sure if they allow that here or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
If you want to run mods , get an rgh falcon, japser, or Trinity, trinities are the most reliable imho

Jtags are more reliable then rgh (exploit wise they instaboot %100 of the time), but 98% of jtaggble units still around are xenon and zephyrs, I would not pay more than 100$ total, less than $250 for a falcon or jasper as those are much more rare to get a low bootloader revision to jtag

If you just want to play pirated isos you can either reflash the DVD drive or get a drive emulator (xk3y)

Rgh is based on a hardware GLITCH (just like games glitches, they don't always work the first time, has to be done just right)

Jtag is based on a software bug (who ever compiled the 4532 bootloader fucked up the code by misusing one CPU instruction, the CPU instruction used was a 64bit instruction, but was used to compare 32bit datatypes ), but can only be accessed by modifications to allow dma via the jtag port

THE ONLY 360 SOFTMOD AVAILABLE AT THIS POINT IS USING MICROSOFT'S 360 PRIVATE SIGNING KEY......

I'd recommend the op buy a premodded unit, soldering jtag is easy, but most people will not be able to solder the rgh, imagine soldering to points the size of mechanical pencil lead for rgh

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone