Hacking Edit: It is safe to update to 6.2 using atmosphere

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I just got my RCM jig in the mail yesterday and was going to hack my 6.1.0 unpatched Switch this week. I guess I'll wait to see how quickly 6.2.0 gets defeated. I was under the impression Nintendo couldn't really do anything to stop CFW since entering RCM mode is done through a hardware bug on unpatched Switches.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So... Updating on ofw updates emunand too?
I can't understand why we can't just update sysnand while keeping old fw on emunand

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
You can.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I can install every title who needs 6.2 with tinfoil and select ignore firmware?
You can't boot CFW on 6.2.0

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah no - you don't understand. I mean the following:

I am on Firmware 6.1 with SX OS -> "Smash released with need of 6.2 Firmware" -> I (still on 6.1 with SX OS) will use tinfoil to install a 6.2 game on my 6.1 console

Possible?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Users are saying they have updated emunand to 6.2 and it works ok that doesn’t make any sense surely if it’s an emulated nand it should not work. Are we saying it’s ok to update emunand and carry on as usual? We could do with both nands reported cfw & emunand if it’s ok or not to update reminds me off the gateway scenario with emunand sometimes it worked all ok sometimes not.

Last edited by Reecey,

Jordan9716

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I was an idiot and updated to 6.2.0 on accident trying to update an online game. I recently made an SD Card emunand and I have the boot01 and the other my 6.1.0 nand backup as well.

Is their anything I can do with it? Can I nand restore to 6.1.0 and then update my SD emunand to 6.2.0 and have sleep mode still work on CFW?

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Ah no - you don't understand. I mean the following:

I am on Firmware 6.1 with SX OS -> "Smash released with need of 6.2 Firmware" -> I (still on 6.1 with SX OS) will use tinfoil to install a 6.2 game on my 6.1 console

Possible?
Sxos will probably have ignore fw version in like a week

Reactions: Frexxos

eBejita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I Have Nintendo Switch on Firmware 5.0.2 and I want to install ReinX and How to detect MicroSD Without Online Update, i can do nothing, because my Switch not detect microsd rightnow
any idea ? so i can update offline to 6.1.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 That's what uremum said, when I told her to go shower first.