emuiibo - MitM'ing NFP services for Amiibo emulation

Hi everyone!

I noticed there was a project called switch-nfp-mitm, which had lots of forks, but none of them properly working (people reported it barely worked, and with some games), thus I decided to try to fix it, or to improve it as much as I could. Well, the results were that good, that I've just managed to get it working perfectly, even with a nice system of combos for Amiibo swapping, in just 2 days.

So, well, here's the result:

emuiibo

emuiibo is a virtual amiibo (amiibo emulation) system for Nintendo Switch!

It consists on a background process (and service), which intercepts Nintendo Switch's internal NFC/NFP services to support virtual amiibo emulation, plus an overlay to easily control it.

Have fun playing around with custom virtual amiibos!

Last edited by XorTroll,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not how licenses work. He cannot copyright the code. Just because your project is opensource, does not mean you can violate licenses with impunity. The hypocrisy here is palpable. Jakibaki stole code doing similar shit: https://github.com/jakibaki/sys-ftpd/issues/22 . The scene should not condoen this behavior, or shut up about license violations from SX. I was under the impression that gbatemp did not allow software projects that violated licenses to be linked to here @linuxares ?
Pretty sure your trolling.

holdengray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a issue , its reading the amiibo wrong , using in Yoshi's crafted world , the mega yarn yoshi is supposed to unlock a yarn yoshi outfit , but its unlocking the standard yoshi amiibo outfit wich is an egg , its not my bin file because i tested with the original switch-nfp-mitm and he unlocked the right outfit , also tried having only the one file on emuiibo folder , still unlocks the egg.

Same here. Trying any of the yarn yoshi amiibos all result in the game just giving me the outfit for having a regular yoshi.

Reactions: renatosk

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
works great on atmosphere. would be quality if you could get it to display the amiibo/characters name in the corner or something. whats the limit of amiibo's stored thats been tested? can this work with skylanders exc

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see amiibo emulation reaching maturity and the prime time, great work to all who've contributed.

@linuxares as blawar has literally stated that he was trolling
I'm fine with that, I am simply doing what all of the copyright trolls here do :)
can you maybe just remove the entire discussion from this thread? I just arrived and read the whole thread from the start, and the trolling made it an unpleasant bloated experience.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds awesome was always hoping this would come to android where you could see each amiibo you want to select and use and be able to use it on any system that could support it (wii u, 3ds ,Switch) I guess this is the next best thing because you have in system as oppose to an N2 elite

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, have to agree that it's not the best not having the option to see which amiibo is selected.

Hopefully, among other stuff I have planned, 0.2 will probably extend the service it provides for homebrew to control amiibo emulation, so tools like @FuryBaguette's one will be useful for this.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey @XorTroll would it be possible to set this to read amiibos from the atmosphere titles directory, so we could just have the amiibos that pertain to said game in the title id folder?
Might be a good idea, will take it into account. But for amiibo which you would like to use in several titles... having to copy then several times...

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modified Kosmos Toolbox config with emuiibo (and freebird and ldn_mitm) support for the lazy:

EDIT: Enabled reboot requirement for emuiibo due to a crash when enabling, disabling, and reenabling it without rebooting. Oops.

Attachments

• kosmostbconfig2.zip
    605 bytes · Views: 211
Last edited by SaffronXL,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that gbatemp did not allow software projects that violated licenses to be linked to here @linuxares ?
SX OS
can you maybe just remove the entire discussion from this thread? I just arrived and read the whole thread from the start, and the trolling made it an unpleasant bloated experience.
absolutely not
this is hilarious and must be documented for future reference

Last edited by Darth Meteos,
Reactions: Dutt

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a good idea, will take it into account. But for amiibo which you would like to use in several titles... having to copy then several times...
Maybe have a title folder named shared that you could put the bins in that are shared with many games? Although, they are very small files.

Last edited by wicksand420,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can't seem to use this in MK8with ReinX current version. I put the files correctly, slapped a few bin files, press the combo, nothing...
I even restarted the console.

Help?

EDIT: Got it. Made the combo before entering the Amiibo Screen, and worked.

Last edited by eyeliner,

bell07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thested the emuiibo yesterday. Works as expected with Captain Toad, but does not work with Super Mario Odyssey. The Odyssey seems to use an own screen for Amiibos.
For reference: The Amii-Spoofer (nfpu_mitm.kip) is able to emulate the Amiibo for Odyssey.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, the thing I'm thinking of to try to support right now is "writing" to the amiibo, so this becomes actual amiibo emulation.
would be quality if you could do that. i use amiiqo tag between wii u and the switch. so something like that would be handy. would this app in current state work on skylanders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo