OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wii U Error Code 199-9999

I’m using tiramisu
I’m autobooting into tiramisu when the wii u starts up but when trying to launch anything thats cfw only it gives me the sig patch error
I also have aroma but autoboot into tiramisu (i did copy the .rpx files from the tiramisu environment to aroma)

Attachments

• 16EAC5AF-E103-4C3F-A3E7-69D1EAAC26E5.jpeg
    16EAC5AF-E103-4C3F-A3E7-69D1EAAC26E5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
Trophies
XP
Error code 199-9999 is when the console tries to launch something or run an operation that needs sig patches, but sig patches aren't applied. Make EXTRA sure you have the 01_sigpatches.RPX file on your SD Card in both the Tiramisu and Aroma directories. Also make sure that you're actually launching either Tiramisu or Aroma from the Environment Loader. For reference I will put the expected paths below

Tiramisu
/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup/01_sigpatches.RPX

Aroma
/wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup/01_sigpatches.RPX

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've double checked and everything is in its right place
I tried running tiramisu and aroma from the environment loader but i still get the error
Capture.PNG

Trophies
XP
That shouldn't be the case, and the cause is most likely because of a user-error which would have been initiated on your end somehow.

I would recommend uninstalling both Tiramisu and Aroma (to cut-down possible content for base-troubleshooting) and just re-install Tiramisu with the base things needed to accomplish your task at hand. The purpose of this is to try it again in a completely fresh environment to see if any issues can be properly diagnosed. If you'd like to go a step further, you could also try it on a new SD-Card. If you do this make EXTRA sure you actually follow the set-up process fully, because one thing wrong can mess everything else up.

If you continue to have issues on a completely fresh environment, then I don't know what to tell you. I've been out of the CFW scene for almost a year, and as such I either never encountered these problems, or just forgot the solutions.

Reactions: Al09rt45

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That shouldn't be the case, and the cause is most likely because of a user-error which would have been initiated on your end somehow.

I would recommend uninstalling both Tiramisu and Aroma (to cut-down possible content for base-troubleshooting) and just re-install Tiramisu with the base things needed to accomplish your task at hand. The purpose of this is to try it again in a completely fresh environment to see if any issues can be properly diagnosed. If you'd like to go a step further, you could also try it on a new SD-Card. If you do this make EXTRA sure you actually follow the set-up process fully, because one thing wrong can mess everything else up.

If you continue to have issues on a completely fresh environment, then I don't know what to tell you. I've been out of the CFW scene for almost a year, and as such I either never encountered these problems, or just forgot the solutions.
I've changed the way my wii u menu looks. Will that affect anything

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you mean you installed a theme, then it shouldn't affect anything.
When trying to switch booting into the wii u menu from the health and safety information it gives a warning that says "If you have modified the Wii U menu this could make your console unusable"

Trophies
XP
When trying to switch booting into the wii u menu from the health and safety information it gives a warning that says "If you have modified the Wii U menu this could make your console unusable"

I've uninstalled Tiramisu while having a theme with no issues, but if you'd like peace-of-mind, then you can re-install the default theme.

Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that's weird. What do you mean with booting from H&S ? Are you coldbooting or starting the CFW manually?

//EDIT: Also make sure to follow the official guide only: https://wiiu.hacks.guide - do not follow youtube tutorials or anything else!

Trophies
XP
Now that's weird. What do you mean with booting from H&S ? Are you coldbooting or starting the CFW manually?

I think that they meant they went into Health and Safety to change the settings from loading into the Environment Loader to just stock Wii U menu to proceed with un-installation.

That's what I assumed anyways, although I could be wrong.

Trophies
XP
Which should tell you "don't run the environment loader twice" in case you coldbooted the CFW already. For changing coldboot configs you aren't launching H&S but hold X while booting.

True. I honestly forgot the general uninstall process so that part went over my head. Guess that's what happens when you leave a scene for a year 😅

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i meant that when switching booting back to the wii u menu it said at the top "If you have modified the Wii U menu this could make your console unusable"

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is related to that, but there's a file on the sd card, created at least with aroma, that can be manipulated to alter the home menu. that's the file I used to change the names of my folders, adding tetris images to the beginning. I'm not sure if that has something to do with that warning or not.

Trophies
XP
I've just uninstalled everything on my wii u and started fresh. I've reinstalled tiramisu and aroma with a guide (not from a youtube tutorial) and everything is working fine.

That's about what I expected. Most errors like that either come from user-based actions, or something really small that you'd never really notice.

Now import everything you had before slowly and test the waters to see if it still works (which it should), and continue on with whatever you were doing.

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've just noticed that when i try to go to wiiuexploit.xyz in the browser it goes to the environmentloader. How can I change it to go to the homebrew launcher again

Trophies
XP
I've just noticed that when i try to go to wiiuexploit.xyz in the browser it goes to the environmentloader. How can I change it to go to the homebrew launcher again

You... don't? The Web Exploit's only purpose when using Tiramisu or Aroma is to install the Environment Loader. Once it's installed and you load Tiramisu you can launch the Mii Maker for HBL. If you're using Aroma, then Homebrew Apps will be on the Main Menu.

After installation you should never touch the Web Exploit again.

Al09rt45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You... don't? The Web Exploit's only purpose when using Tiramisu or Aroma is to install the Environment Loader. Once it's installed and you load Tiramisu you can launch the Mii Maker for HBL. If you're using Aroma, then Homebrew Apps will be on the Main Menu.

After installation you should never touch the Web Exploit again.
Sorry im kinda new to this stuff :huh:. I didn't know aroma just shows the homebrew apps on the main menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper