Everdrive GBA is finally a reality

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty much any major games, so expect all the stuff from Nintendo and some other famous games from other companies (Megaman EXE, Castlevania, etc.), but seriously, commercial games compatibility is like 99.9% so I expect practically everything to run on it.
okay, I want to see if super mario bros advance 4 super mario bros 3 with the wiiu ereader level patch works and pokemon gaia, metroid zero mission and fusion, mario kart super circuit, monster inc., donkey kong country games, banjo kazooie gruntys revenge, pokemon glazed. Does exist a compatible list for goomba color?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
okay, I want to see if super mario bros advance 4 super mario bros 3 with the wiiu ereader level patch works and pokemon gaia, metroid zero mission and fusion, mario kart super circuit, monster inc., donkey kong country games, banjo kazooie gruntys revenge, pokemon glazed. Does exist a compatible list for goomba color?
Everything's working, most of the stuff I had already tested and the rest I've just tested them. Nope, just a really old one for Goomba Color 1.0, but the last few versions by Dwedit improve it a lot so I wouldn't look at it.

Blargh, Banjo Kazooie has the longest unskippable intro EVER.

I'm more interested as to what commercial games don't work. Do you know if there is a list?
Haven't found one yet, and I've been testing loads of stuff.

Is there a compatibility list somewhere?
Don't think so.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everything's working, most of the stuff I had already tested and the rest I've just tested them. Nope, just a really old one for Goomba Color 1.0, but the last few versions by Dwedit improve it a lot so I wouldn't look at it.

Blargh, Banjo Kazooie has the longest unskippable intro EVER.
Did you tested the normal version of super mario bros advance 4 or the with the wiiu e-reader level patch? I saw some emulators have problems with this patch so I ask for this specific version

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you tested the normal version of super mario bros advance 4 or the with the wiiu e-reader level patch? I saw some emulators have problems with this patch so I ask for this specific version
The one with the E-reader patch, played a few levels, seemed to work fine.

Reactions: GamingAori

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yep, same "bug". It's because of how Pokémon calculates the time - it initialises the clock to 01/01/2000 00:00 and then starts counting from there. Crappiest RTC implementation ever.

Boktai instead sets the time properly. I've already warned Krikzz about this, and he's looking into a solution. Not sure if there's anything he can do, though.

Someone should write an RTC patch for Pokémon which doesn't reset the clock when you first set it, that would solve the issue.
couldn't that be solved by making the clock read only through flashcart firmware or something like that?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
couldn't that be solved by making the clock read only through flashcart firmware or something like that?
Another solution would be on-the-fly patching. I know Krikzz used those on another ED to solve some game-specific issues, so it could be an option. I'll ask again if there are any news on that in September.

Reactions: migles

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you test these, raul?

Final Fantasy V Sound Patch
Final Fantasy VI Sound Patch
Rockman EXE 6: Falzar Version [ENG PATCH]
Rockman EXE 4.5: Real Operation [ENG PATCH]
Magical Vacation [ENG PATCH]
Mother 3 [ENG PATCH]

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you test these, raul?

Final Fantasy V Sound Patch
Final Fantasy VI Sound Patch
Rockman EXE 6: Falzar Version [ENG PATCH]
Rockman EXE 4.5: Real Operation [ENG PATCH]
Magical Vacation [ENG PATCH]
Mother 3 [ENG PATCH]
Sure.

Mother 3, working.
Magical Vacation, working.
Rockman EXE 4.5 (Prof. 9's patch), working, but RTC is not. Krikzz has been notified of this already.
FF4, 5 and 6 with the Sound patch are working as well.
Rockman EXE 6 both versions, working.

Wow, I didn't know there were English patches for EXE 6!

I'll put this stuff in my review :)

Reactions: Hyro-Sama

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockman EXE 4.5 (Prof. 9's patch), working, but RTC is not. Krikzz has been notified of this already.
If you don't mind me weighing in on this... I tested Rockman EXE 4.5 with the translation patch on my own EverDrive GBA and the RTC worked fine for me, although I did have to manually enable it in the game settings after selecting the game (but before starting it). I'm using a dev build instead of the public patch though, but I don't think that would make a difference.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you don't mind me weighing in on this... I tested Rockman EXE 4.5 with the translation patch on my own EverDrive GBA and the RTC worked fine for me, although I did have to manually enable it in the game settings after selecting the game (but before starting it). I'm using a dev build instead of the public patch though, but I don't think that would make a difference.
Just re-tested it on my ED GBA and it still does the same (shows the current date as 0/0/00 0:00) even after setting the clock in the menu before pressing Continue. Looks like it might be a bug with the public patch then?

EDIT: Found the issue. The X5's database thinks that RTC is not supported in this game (shows up as NO, by default). Forcing it to on in the Settings menu makes it work. It's an easy fix for Krikzz, I'm sure it'll be okay in the next version.

EDIT2: Oh, you were talking about the ED's settings menu, not the game menu! Yeah, that made it work :P Still, it's a "bug" and I've just reported it to Krikzz.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, that's what I meant. Maybe I should have been more clear. I hadn't tried any other RTC games yet, so I didn't know it would auto-enable RTC for those -- that's pretty nifty. In any case, it lets you play the game as intended on this version of the EverDrive OS.

Last edited by Prof. 9,
Reactions: raulpica

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Review has been submitted for proof-reading. Should be up either tonight or tomorrow. This time for reals :P

I took a bit more time with it since I wanted to expand some of the chapters, hopefully the slight delay will have been worth it!

garbanzox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks raulpica, can't wait to read it!

Pre-orders from Stone Age Gamer still haven't shipped. I should have ordered directly from Krikzz :(

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure.

Mother 3, working.
Magical Vacation, working.
FF4, 5 and 6 with the Sound patch are working as well.
Rockman EXE 6 both versions, working.

Wow, I didn't know there were English patches for EXE 6!

I'll put this stuff in my review :)
Thanks. Great news to hear all those are working.

The patch for EXE 6 is pretty recent IIRC. Only a year or two old.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Reactions: raulpica

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the review is out - everyone go read it NOW :P
http://gbatemp.net/review/everdrive-gba-x5.489/
Awesome.
I wonder if you could test Boktai 2 with Sun Patch as well as Boktai 3 with Eng and Sun Patch. those two games are notorious for having low compatibility with flash carts. You need one of a few specific firmwares on Ez Flash to get them to work and oddly none of them are the newer ones.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome.
I wonder if you could test Boktai 2 with Sun Patch as well as Boktai 3 with Eng and Sun Patch. those two games are notorious for having low compatibility with flash carts. You need one of a few specific firmwares on Ez Flash to get them to work and oddly none of them are the newer ones.
That is not true, both games work fine on my ezflash 1.77 with sun patches. Hint: hold L when starting the game.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.