Hacking Firmware status

SpaceMonkeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah im staying on 2.x, would be funny if TX's solderless mod was for 1.x - 2.x and 3.x on wards required a solder job... Lets just sit ad wait :)

Hope that's not the case for future people that get it. I came in late to the whole 3ds scene and it was a pain for me.

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I knew it. @SciresM never tested TZhax on 3.01-3.02.

He only tested it on 3.0 and then jumped the gun by saying it worked on all 3.x firmwares. The fact that 3.01-3.02 are receiving content later than 3.0 despite supposedly having the same level of access is proof of that. It also explains why he was reluctant to respond to the people asking about >3.0

In the meantime, he'll be attempting to get TZ level access on 3.01-3.02 in order to transform his premature statement into a reality. I wonder what he'll say if he fails

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He only tested it on 3.0 and then jumped the gun by saying it worked on all 3.x firmwares. The fact that 3.01-3.02 are receiving content later than 3.0 despite supposedly having the same level of access is proof of that. It also explains why he was reluctant to respond to the people asking about >3.0

In the meantime, he'll be attempting to get TZ level access on 3.01-3.02 in order to transform his premature statement into a reality. I wonder what he'll say if he fails

Actually, the opposite is true -- I tested on 3.0.2, but didn't test on 3.0.0 -- I verified the bug was still there on 3.0.0 via code RE.

3.0.1/3.0.2 will get stuff later publically because they don't have the sm bug, and thus require more privilege escalation to use deja vu -- and I may not want to burn said privilege escalation immediately.

Last edited by SciresM,
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Actually, the opposite is true -- I tested on 3.0.2, but didn't test on 3.0.0 -- I verified the bug was still there on 3.0.0 via code RE.

3.0.1/3.0.2 will get stuff later publically because they don't have the sm bug, and thus require more privilege escalation to use deja vu -- and I may not want to burn said privilege escalation immediately.

If I was wrong, I apologize. I appreciate the clarification about >3.0

Last edited by longlivebrazilusbloader,
Reactions: Mackwa

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't predict the future -- I'm sure I'll release bugs before they're patched but I'll need to think -- there's a balancing act between blowing everything I've got to get access up through a given firmware and then locking out all future firmwares for all time :P

As I've said before, I look forward to whatever you can cook up for 4.x. I'm guessing hackerone also has a play in there, but minimal as we have no idea what they disclose.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let's see what you say when you realize he roasted your ass.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm ok with Soonfor 4.x, I guess d:
(Although it's gonna be pretty hard for me to stay there if Kirby requires something newer, rip.)

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Later mean we can wait a few months or more? I hate it to be on 3.01 now and that only for oddesey

Last edited by loler55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging