ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know exactly where to put this but for the past 2 months I have been working on a game for a game jam (an event where game developers make games in a usually short time period, most cases anywhere between a weekend to a whole week). The jam was called Indie Quilt and it would mean so much if you played my game and voted on the page (if you think it deserves it). Feedback is always good. If you have something you'd like to get an opinion on I would love to assist with that. Thank you!

http://jams.gamejolt.io/indiequilt/games/force-defender/30375

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks heavily inspired by Megaman's Battle Network series. Unfortunately, I think that takes away from the "fresh indie" concept, and the fact I beat each level on the very first try says something about the difficulty. It's a good try, but I'll refrain from voting for a while.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks heavily inspired by Megaman's Battle Network series. Unfortunately, I think that takes away from the "fresh indie" concept, and the fact I beat each level on the very first try says something about the difficulty. It's a good try, but I'll refrain from voting for a while.

Your the 1st to comment on the fact that battle network did inspire this. This was for a jam and I had to make a game with 10 levels that could either be won or lost in 30 seconds and I only had a month...trust me I wanted to do much more which is why I might make this a full scale game. The full game will be nothing like BN as far as core mechanic.

I wish more people would say something about the difficultly. You and I think it's too easy while one of my buddies think the difficulty curve is ok.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I think you could do is add an HP bar for the player character. Nothing fancy, just a small hit counter. On one level, I got hit about three times in a row. I should have died during the time I was stun locked. Another thing is that the enemies are much too predictable. As a BN veteran, I noticed that each one moved three (or was it two) times, then attacked. When you have multiple enemies that shoot, have one move one square less, or more to throw off the player for a few tries. That should spike the difficulty near the end and extend the play time a little.

Just my two cents. I might check out the other games in the Jam and see what they have to offer. After that, I'll see if I can vote. Your's is pretty well made, but it's hard to tell if I've hit someone, or if I've been hit. Just a little more polish ya' know.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol maybe it's just easy for those who are familiar with BN is what I'm gathering (I don't think the guy who like the difficulty curve is familiar...I should ask)

I wish I had time to put in all the suggestion but time management was a task. I'll definitely add in your suggestions for the compilation game the host is doing.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I played through the 1st one about a week before I got the idea for Force Defender but past that it's been years for me...It doesn't take me that much to get through it either (I thought it was because I programmed it so I knew what was going on)

I could fiddle with the code to spice up the enemies pattern. Also I should make it clear you only have HP in the 10th level...any other level you just get stunned (wasting time)

I'm happy to at least be getting at least positive feedback...to hear this was well made at least means a lot. This was all a learning experience and most of the time I had no idea what I was doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1