fsd 3 crash startup

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can probably get FSD3 on therealmodscene site, and put it in the launch.ini of dashlaunch, assigned to a different button) or hold RB at boot or when FSD crashes, which will get you into the home menu, then open xex menu and open the FSD's xex file. see if it crashes then.

wakabayashy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
no different skin and I'm not downloading, but the autoscan is on

maybe I have to delete fsd previous installation and put a new fresh one?

how can i delete all my settings?

edit : when i boot from usb fsd.xex it works, so I have to remove my old fsd and put new one, how cani do that?

edit 2 : I've installed aurora and looks good

Last edited by wakabayashy,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably something in the database. one way this can happen is if you don't have enough room on the drive with fsd, and it tries downloading something, then crashes (database is now corrupted). you should keep a backup of your now aurora folder. I don't know if this could've happened, but fsd2 at least, which is what I use, but downloading artwork will cause fsd2 (possibly fs3) to crash now. it requires a plugin called this (taken from my launch.ini):

1651691149978.png

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably something in the database. one way this can happen is if you don't have enough room on the drive with fsd, and it tries downloading something, then crashes (database is now corrupted). you should keep a backup of your now aurora folder. I don't know if this could've happened, but fsd2 at least, which is what I use, but downloading artwork will cause fsd2 (possibly fs3) to crash now. it requires a plugin called this (taken from my launch.ini):

View attachment 308670
Iirc Aurora was patched quite some time ago to fix that issue, i no longer encounter that when downloading assets /updates etc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc Aurora was patched quite some time ago to fix that issue, i no longer encounter that when downloading assets /updates etc.
That I'm aware of. I think @brickmii82 said he thought fs3 was patched unofficially as well. I still use fsd2, no issues with that plugin where before fsd would crash, corrupting the database.

Reactions: CoolMe

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot the FSD.xex, is it off the USB? Is the usb in when you boot off the hard drive? Im wondering if your launch.ini file got corrupted on the hdd. Dashlaunch looks for the launch ini file on USB first, then hdd. It def looks like either corrupt fsd or launch.ini.

try just swapping over the fsd.xex file and rename it to default.xex if the launch.ini is ok. That may even be the issue, as I think thats the file name fsd looks for in the container.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol