Ninten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys

Today i get a gc power supply from uk which is 230v~50hz for my ntsc gamecube
I was using the usa ntsc psu that came with it with a tranformer, because here in brazil we use 220v~60hz, and the old psu is 110v

I've tested my gc with the new psu and is working fine

But.... Can i have problem in the future using this new power supply??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally 50Hz is harder on things than 60Hz (if you know something of electronics consider the duty cycle) so anything designed for 50 will take 60 without being too stressed where the other way around is not necessarily the case. The issues tend to come when the 60Hz is used to generate a signal (the Amiga has one that tends to be called tick if memory serves) or power a motor that derives some kind of speed control from it (old record players and some tools tend to be this). As the GC one is only a flat DC output and both regions appear to use the same voltage and current then no worries there.

trigao

Ninten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Generally 50Hz is harder on things than 60Hz (if you know something of electronics consider the duty cycle) so anything designed for 50 will take 60 without being too stressed where the other way around is not necessarily the case. The issues tend to come when the 60Hz is used to generate a signal (the Amiga has one that tends to be called tick if memory serves) or power a motor that derives some kind of speed control from it (old record players and some tools tend to be this). As the GC one is only a flat DC output and both regions appear to use the same voltage and current then no worries there.

Thank you for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg