Games You Wish You Could Unplay

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the main games on PS2, so I can't compare, but I didn't enjoy this one either. The gameplay was halfway decent at best, and voice acting, characters, and writing were laughably cheesy in a really bad, self-important way that only Square Enix could possibly pull off

Voice acting was... on par with the PS2 games. So was the story, really. Sounds like you just don't like the IP (which is fine).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could unplay Silent Hill 4: The Room. The gameplay sucked, the story sucked, and the graphics for the world were as muddy as the N64, with a few objects and the character models being super detailed... it was really a nightmare to play. And add-in the fact that I couldn't even play it at my native resolution because the game didn't support widescreen LCDs? FAIL. Fail all around.

SILENT HILL 4 - THE ROOM: 0/10, would not play ever again.

M

milkman12345

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. I played it on the N64 and Gamecube so much its just not fun anymore, not to mention every console Zelda game after it improves on the formula. The updated graphics and audio just don't do enough to save it.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Voice acting was... on par with the PS2 games. So was the story, really. Sounds like you just don't like the IP (which is fine).
That's what I'm thinking. Honestly, it's the same reason I dislike Final Fantasy X, but worse, because KH has the same self-importantness, ABOUT FREAKING DONALD AND GOOFY. I mean, are they freaking joking??

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm thinking. Honestly, it's the same reason I dislike Final Fantasy X, but worse, because KH has the same self-importantness, ABOUT FREAKING DONALD AND GOOFY. I mean, are they freaking joking??

Honestly, I thought it was a rather fresh departure from the standard "fantasy game with generic story, some salmons, some spells, etc." It was neat to have medical type fantasy mixed with Disney's fantasy. Something pretty different than had been done ever before (and really since). JMO of course.

Also, DDD had way less of Donald and Goofy than any other KH game I ever played. And honestly, I thought the voices were rather amazing. I felt like Donal and Goofy were really fighting with me (in the other games, since they don't really in this one).

To each his own. :)

Best game from SE was FFXIV: ARR in probably ten years though. Maybe longer haha.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. I played it on the N64 and Gamecube so much its just not fun anymore, not to mention every console Zelda game after it improves on the formula. The updated graphics and audio just don't do enough to save it.

Wow... you are the first person I have ever seen claim OOT "needs saving". Sorry you didn't enjoy it. My only complaint is that it's overpriced for what it is (a fifteen year old game ported to a newer console).

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Kingdom Hearts 2 and BbS were excellent, give them a shot if you ever get the time (get the Final mix versions, since those versions got more content).
Never played BBS, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is not the best in the series.
Gameplay is bad, fast combat and all you have to do is keep mashing X to perform a flashy auto-combo.
Story is bad too it tries to hard to be "deep" with it's concept especially with those terrible characters. It's even worse than all those action anime/manga that 12-15 year olds love.

I doubt BBS is different.

Kingdom Hearts 1 on the other is the only good game in the series.
Gameplay - Slower than the second and since there's not 10 hit auto-combo you have to be careful instead of being reckless
Story isn't anything spectacular, it's good, but not mind blowing.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay is bad, fast combat and all you have to do is keep mashing X to perform a flashy auto-combo.
Story is bad too it tries to hard to be "deep" with it's concept especially with those terrible characters. It's even worse than all those action anime/manga that 12-15 year olds love.

Gameplay - Slower than the second and since there's not 10 hit auto-combo you have to be careful instead of being reckless

Did you beat it on hard mode? beast was a PITA :(

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to this statement

Sp it sounds like, for him, he needed something to save it to make it work playing (again).

But he's not saying the game itself needs saving, He's just saying that the new graphics and audio couldn't save his enjoyment of playing the game for the billionth time.

And frankly, that's not an uncommon statement for any video game. I know quite a few people who just lost the magic for a lot of games, OoT included.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he's not saying the game itself needs saving, He's just saying that the new graphics and audio couldn't save his enjoyment of playing the game for the billionth time.

And frankly, that's not an uncommon statement for any video game. I know quite a few people who just lost the magic for a lot of games, OoT included.

Listen man... it's just something I noticed. I am not here to discuss semantics. I responded to something that was said (and it seems like I got it right based on the poster's response). He was burnt on the game, and the small changes they made didn't save it for him. Sucks. I;ve replayed that came at least a dozen times and it never gets old. Sorry he didn't have the same experience.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that Kingdom Hearts 2?
If so, nope. Only gave the game one playthrough on normal and said that was enough.

Yeah, was referring to KH2. I guess it was a response to it being a button mashing game. It is, I guess, but I found it to be more than than. Just mashing buttons won't get you through hard mode. I can't say how many hours it took me to down the Beast.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Reason I said get final mix is because it has critical mode (and extra bosses), let's see how far you'll get by mashing X (or in this case circle). :P

Reactions: lordofthereef

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a