Gaming GBA Cheat (.CHT) Files with Full Names

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah. well that stinks. because the reason I ask is because I have always had problems with my GBA game saves getting lost. this would be the 4th time i've lost my Mother 3 data. and Im about rdy to give up on it. because the data gets lost whenever I:
1. Firmware update (problem solved. got an SD micro for only GBA games and never update the firmware)
2. do anything such as edit one of the images in the system folder. even if the image works the save file will not.
3. load without a GBA expansion pack (that was my own stupidity their... accident)
4. Change a setting in the settings menu of the rom. If I change anything other than patch load it will not load the save file.
5. modify the rom in any way. even taking it off and then putting it back on will cause it to not load the save file.

So I wanted some cheats to help me get past the parts I had alrdy beaten. So reason number 5 means that patching the rom probly wont work because I want to take the cheats off when i get to the part i was at before loosing my data. I use M3 Real with ISakuReal. ANY help will be much appreciated.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
GBAATM has an option to use a menu so I believe you can turn the cheats on and off with it when you need to. That's weird that it you are having problems loading your saves when re-copying the rom to the card, what GBA expansion are you using? I'm using a G6 Lite slot 2 card as an expansion and I've never had any problems like that before.

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
GBAATM has an option to use a menu so I believe you can turn the cheats on and off with it when you need to. That's weird that it you are having problems loading your saves when re-copying the rom to the card, what GBA expansion are you using? I'm using a G6 Lite slot 2 card as an expansion and I've never had any problems like that before.
I use the expansion pack that comes in the Real Perfect bundle.

EDIT: How do you use the GBAATM exactly? because i downloaded it and I'm not sure I know what to do to patch the rom with cheats and have a menu show up.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Under "Files" choose your rom and where you would like to save the newly patched rom. Under "Settings" select "Trainer Menu". At the bottom choose "Load Cheat File" and select the cheats file for the corresponding game. Then click the "Patch Game!" button. That's about it, there are some other settings that you can fiddle around with about the execution cycles and stuff, but I usually leave everything at default.

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
Under "Files" choose your rom and where you would like to save the newly patched rom. Under "Settings" select "Trainer Menu". At the bottom choose "Load Cheat File" and select the cheats file for the corresponding game. Then click the "Patch Game!" button. That's about it, there are some other settings that you can fiddle around with about the execution cycles and stuff, but I usually leave everything at default.
Ok. did that and when I start the game it freezes on the trainer menu. So I tried it without the cheats and it worked but (obviously) their was no cheats to activate. It let me start the game just fine and saving worked. but its not working with cheats. also, I want to know how to add some of the codes I found on the internet that arent on the cheat file in this thread.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is the Readme for GBAATM:

Code:
Q: What is GBAATM?

A: It is a program that lets you cheat on GBA games

Long A: It is a program that takes cheat codes for GBA games and converts them into machine language that is embedded into the games. It is useful for people who don't have a way of cheating in games -- in emulators without a cheat engine for example. Furthermore you can add slow motion to your games in conjunction with the cheats or by itself.

Q: What cheat codes are supported?

A: RAW (VBA) codes and encrypted and unencrypted Codebreaker and Gameshark v3 (GSSP) codes. Note that GS v3 codes are the same as CB codes whereas GS v1 and v2 codes were the same as AR v1 and v2. GS v1 and v2 codes will NOT work. .CHT (EmuCheat) formatted codes can also be imported and are converted to the Codebreaker format.

Q: How do I use GBAATM?

A: Select the GBA game that you want to patch.
ÂÂ Select the file to save the patched game as.
ÂÂ Select the patches you want to use.
ÂÂ Configure the keys for the patches if you wish to.
ÂÂ If you are using cheats either paste them into the edit box or load the text file with the cheats.
ÂÂ If you are using cheats then select the code type.
ÂÂ If you want a trainer menu to show on boot then check the box and read below for info on how to use it
ÂÂ Click Patch Game!

ÂÂ NOTE: Most of the time you will not need to change the settings but...

ÂÂ If you experience slowdowns in game (that aren't caused by the slomo of course) then:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂChange the execution counter if your game is running slow (shouldn't need to be altered)

ÂÂ If the slomo, enable/disable, execution counter, and/or the codes don't seem to be working properly:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂChange the RAM to use to the next value in the list
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x3007FA0 and 0x3007FC0 will usually be safe places for free RAM

Trainer Menu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The labels you give the cheats are what will appear in the menu. If you want to change the default background, selection bar, font texture then create a bitmap that is either 24 or 32bit (not RLE) of the correct dimensions with whatever tool you want and import it with the corresponding button. The offsets for the start of the cheat selection area are from 0,42 to 239,139 if you want to dim the background like the default. The menu text can span from 1-3 lines with 26 characters on each line. It is autocentered for both width and height. / is used as a new line. 

ex: COOL GAME/TRAINER/BY SOME DUDE would display

ÂÂÂÂÂÂCOOL GAME
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ TRAINER
ÂÂÂÂ BY SOME DUDE

The menu was handcoded in asm while learning GBA specific functionality at the same time so it isn't the best but it works well enough for now. I will be working on a better menu system but wanted to get this released in the meantime.

Also there is an in-game key combo to get back to the menu (Select+Down+Left) but be forewarned that it WILL trash the video RAM because there is no possible way short of flash cart specific PSRAM functionality to save that much data. Note as well that the in-game menu will blink because I am using Mode 3 (15bit bitmap mode) to draw the menu and I can't make a 75K buffer in game obviously so it draws directly to the video RAM. This will be alleviated once I move to a tile based menu.

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got it working with the .cht file just fine now. but is their a way to add more codes? like the debug menu code? And thx for all the help u guys
bow.gif

modrified

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't make gbaatm work for me. it closes on me every time. i select the gba game, in this case fire emblem, thereafter, i create the save as and then, the application just closes on me. if i do things fast enough (select gba game/save as/load corresponding cht), i received the "GBAATM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

help. im on winxppro if that matters. thanks

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
modrified said:
i can't make gbaatm work for me. it closes on me every time. i select the gba game, in this case fire emblem, thereafter, i create the save as and then, the application just closes on me. if i do things fast enough (select gba game/save as/load corresponding cht), i received the "GBAATM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

help. im on winxppro if that matters. thanks

This is not the place to be asking for help with GBAATM. Please go the the GBAATM thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the Fire Red/Leaf Green codes...

There's stuff talking about war and what not...either way, I don't understand what I'm doing while trying to get the event items for said games...anyone care to elaborate?

DnY

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
metron said:
Ok I got it working with the .cht file just fine now. but is their a way to add more codes? like the debug menu code? And thx for all the help u guys
bow.gif

i'm also having trouble with mother 3 translated cheat code
could u explain it to me step by step how to make it work

thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi...