GBA is still selling well

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still selling well? Not surprised. You can pick one of those things up for a very cheap price, and there are many great titles for the GBA :yaygba:

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! I play my gba everyday. I just bought a new one, so now I have all three iterations (original, all black micro and Zelda SP). It's definitely my favorite game system.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jonny suave said:
Yay! I play my gba everyday. I just bought a new one, so now I have all three iterations (original, all black micro and Zelda SP). It's definitely my favorite game system.
But do you playallday
smileipb2.png
?

Didn't the Gameboy Micro sell badly?

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still play my GBA SP. This is the videogame I played the most. I just love ist's games, specially zelda minish cap! I also have a DS that I play alot and a PS2 that is left alone.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
jonny suave said:
But do you playallday
smileipb2.png
?

Didn't the Gameboy Micro sell badly?
not all day.
I don't care if the micro sold poorly, I bought one and love it. Probably my favorite one, so small and compact, and has the clearest, sharpest, though smallest, screen.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
well the fact is well understood since we have a gba recommends list cuz obviously ppl are still interesting in playing the gba games like me...
gamewise, gba had better games than the DS whereby 2000+ games but many were good unlike the DS where it has reached over 3700+ but still so many useless titles which are selling but are not worth it...
Note to Hadrian : Why not begin a series of threads yourself as a regular member like you do for expected releases of the week for the best gbc games that you recommend cuz someone like me, who never got into gameboys at the time of the gbc wishes to see what he missed and ofcourse graphics are 3rd on my list that i want from a game
(1st being - Gameplay/Mechanic .... 2nd being - Variety)

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
On 2° hand market here gba SP system is still selling at €30 avg
but GBAµ became unfoundable after being rapidly liquidated.

Thanx to her screen, the SP is the one perfect handheld for
outdoor play, this is the only portable i know supporting
direct sunlight exposure. Giving vibrant colors.

Psp and ds , wiz , dingoo, become like a dark mirror under the sun.

+got a perfect handling with this cheap grip. absolute win imo.
twisted.jpg

Cyburn2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The GBA although not sold in many stores along, still has some well-sought after games which make it a ideal thing to have especially if you have a DSi.

Most places in the UK sell them for £20-25 (for GBA SP) and as little as £10 (for GBA Original) preowned

D

Deleted-119707

theres non in shops. only shops that buy pre-owned. such as gamstation. around £30 i believe.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm in Japan. I haven't seen a single new GBA system despite looking.

There are a ton of used GBAs and GBA SPs to be had but not a single fucking Micro anywhere, either new or used.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's still selling so well because Nintendo was dumb enough to remove GBA support in the DSi. And that's the reason I'm sticking with my Lite. GBA is too great to let go for me, old or not.

dumb
move? if it was dumb, then why are they apearently still making dough on GBAs? thats anything but dumb.

however, I'll say it before anyone else does, its likely that there is more "on the side" sellings, which Big N sees no money.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
You know, with the release of the DSi and its lack of a GBA port, Nintendo could actually market the Micro's again, along with re-releasing some of the better GBA games. Too bad their heads are buried too far into their piles of cash to think of that though.
rolleyes.gif
That'll never work; the only people lamenting the lack of GBA support are people who already own GBA titles/hardware, new handheld owners aren't looking that way. And the Micro flopped the first time, remember most of us picked them up out of bargain bins.

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own 2 GBA micros and they are really amazingly small. If you think in terms of the sheer amount of games on the GBA and also emulation like pocketnes and the gb/gbc emulator it's a terrific system. Think of how cheap it can be had for if you use say a ez4 cart.

D

Deleted-172301

Garcimak said:

twisted.jpg
I had that exact sp!! I lost it though. . .and I gave WarioWare Twisted away.

anandjones

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Garcimak said:

twisted.jpg
I gotta say, I nearly spilt myself when I saw that image.

Unfortunately, they don't get sold in regular places here either, only solution would be to pick it off TradeMe (equivalent to eBay). I still play my SP every now and then.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
You know, with the release of the DSi and its lack of a GBA port, Nintendo could actually market the Micro's again, along with re-releasing some of the better GBA games. Too bad their heads are buried too far into their piles of cash to think of that though.
rolleyes.gif
if anything i suspect they'll re-release some GBA titles on download for the DSi - afterall the money is on selling software not hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1