Country
United States
So, what's this about a discount? Definitely sounds tempting
smileipb2.png

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
But they're showing the ONE box shot and don't even know the contents (besides the flashcart, obviously).

And the lack of any photos/screenshots/videos so close to the supposed release date worries me too...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Overwhelming said:
But they're showing the ONE box shot and don't even know the contents (besides the flashcart, obviously).

And the lack of any photos/screenshots/videos so close to the supposed release date worries me too...
That's unavoidable I'm afraid. The Supercard team hasn't revealed any shots of the cart/packaging or a hard date. What we do know is the price point and that it's set to release any day now. As more information becomes available the product page will be updated by the ShopTemp team.

However you can be sure they wouldn't be doing pre-orders unless they had some hard data, such as the price, which they have.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
This is really annoying!

PayPal says that guests can use its service a limited time (apparently, I've used those up already) and I have to register.

I was already register, I just don't wanna go for the linking card process (because they charge a 1$ and inutilize my virtual card (I use the www.mbnet.pt system from my bank, which is linked to my real credit card, which generates a one-time use virtual card. When paypal charges the dollar to verify the card, inutilizes it)).

I can't use PayPal. I won't use MoneyBrookers, because they only offer the bank transfer option.

THIS MEANS I CAN'T BUY FROM SHOPTEMP!!!
frown.gif

(and I've already lost 2€ with this linking cards process in paypal
frown.gif
)

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
QUOTE said:
We will only refund up to $5 on return shipping costs

and this is in the defective 7 day section. i got news for them, it cost more than $5 to ship something back to China. If the item is defective why should I have to pay for return shipping costs? Who is to say the second item won't be defective as well.

QUOTE said:
We will exchange or fix products that fall under the 6-months warranty if the product ceased to function or suffered from a manufacturing defect appearing within the 6 months period after the order is shipped.

if it takes 3-4 weeks for the item to arrive, which is possible, i'm out 1 month on my warranty because it starts from when the item is shipped?

costello you need to talk to them about this. once someone gets treated poorly (in my case it was with DX) they are reluctant to order from a chinese seller again. i'd rather pay $25 more for a dingoo and get it from a US shop. the returns are so much easier, the shipping time is quicker, etc.

their return policy should state that anything defective item or item which arrived damaged or defective can be shipped back within 7 days for a full refund or a full value exhange. in addition they should pay ALL return shipping costs and the cost to ship out a new item.

secondly, the 6 month policy (while looks good on paper) should include full shipping costs for any product which becomes defective or stops working within the 6 month period. in addition the 6 month period begins 3 weeks from when the item was shipped for all packages without a tracking number and the day after the item arrives for all packages with a tracking number.

it is never the products or prices which get me to buy. it is how i am treated with customer response, care, kind words, how easy it is to exchange, etc. you can almost guarantee that 85% of their business will be from over seas clients. they need to really make sure the return policy is perfected.

its all fine until you have to return something. then it cost $23 to ship it back, etc...

6 mo. policy
The shipping costs for returning the product to us are not subject to refund.

seriously? if it arrives damaged i have to pay to send it back? really? lol. wow.

-another world

Hear hear.

I wrote a short article/rant about it myself. I was shocked to find an acekard 2i would cost $32 to get it shipped to me "in under a week", and it would cost 16.50 to get it in 2-5 weeks. Forget that.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
iwakura said:
-Snip for length-
There's always a tradeoff with this sort of thing, shipping no matter where from, usually takes a couple of weeks with standard shipping options. Then you're going to pay a little bit more with every superior option. A relative of mine was speaking to me just the other day about how she shipped a fairly small parcel using one of the faster shipping services and it cost a fair chunk of change.

More importantly, though, is the content and pricing. Being shipped from China it does take a bit longer (depending on your locale and if your using the most basic shipping options), but you're getting the product at a fraction of the price of most other shops. The average North American seller is going to charge you at least 1/3 - double the price of ShopTemp.

And then on the flipside, the average Chinese store will generally give you a low price, but they'll have awful customer service, a mediocre layout, and Engrish all over the place. It's not a pleasant experience a lot of the time.

ShopTemp counters both of these problems, and offers GBAtemp and Filetrip's resources in doing so. Anywho, hope you took that and my previous reply to Another into consideration when you were writing your article.
smile.gif

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that the 2-5 week shipping isn't much worse than DX to be honest. And paying $1 for the packaging doesn't seen to bad...

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
iwakura said:
-Snip for length-
There's always a tradeoff with this sort of thing, shipping no matter where from, usually takes a couple of weeks with standard shipping options. Then you're going to pay a little bit more with every superior option. A relative of mine was speaking to me just the other day about how she shipped a fairly small parcel using one of the faster shipping services and it cost a fair chunk of change.

More importantly, though, is the content and pricing. Being shipped from China it does take a bit longer (depending on your locale and if your using the most basic shipping options), but you're getting the product at a fraction of the price of most other shops. The average North American seller is going to charge you at least 1/3 - double the price of ShopTemp.

And then on the flipside, the average Chinese store will generally give you a low price, but they'll have awful customer service, a mediocre layout, and Engrish all over the place. It's not a pleasant experience a lot of the time.

ShopTemp counters both of these problems, and offers GBAtemp and Filetrip's resources in doing so. Anywho, hope you took that and my previous reply to Another into consideration when you were writing your article.
smile.gif

I hear you, but $3 more at leetmods and you're getting it in

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
About the Memory Card prices :/

The 2Gb is priced normally, the 4GB is just under the price of 2 2GB Cards, the 8GB is just under the price of 2 4GB Cards, yet the 16GB is over the price of 2 8GB Cards.

Both Kingston and Sandisk, why is this ?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
EJames2100 said:
About the Memory Card prices :/

The 2Gb is priced normally, the 4GB is just under the price of 2 2GB Cards, the 8GB is just under the price of 2 4GB Cards, yet the 16GB is over the price of 2 8GB Cards.

Both Kingston and Sandisk, why is this ?
I can't say for sure, but I think that's a stock price issue. A shop has to set something at a particular price in order to make stocking it worthwhile. So in the cases of the larger size cards, the stock price must have been slightly higher.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi and congrats for the great idea.

I would like to order now but I want to confirm whether the memory cards are original or not. According to what I hear, buying a memory card from a Chinese store is a huge gamble since even the store doesn't know most of the time if the item is a counterfeit. Also, nothing is mentioned about the class of the card. The only thing I could find was that 4 is shown on the screenshot of the Kingston card but again, a screenshot cannot be really trusted. Finally I would like to know which one is a better choice if both are original, a Sandisk or a Kingston.

My last question, is there any change that GBA flashcards could be offered?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.