smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
My specific use case is having my desk at work be in a location that has terrible internet reception, but perfectly good phone reception. I can get alerted when there is something to look at and go to the break room to see, and not be looking at my phone at any other time.
If you have phone reception, why don't you just use push notifications with mobile data?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have phone reception, why don't you just use push notifications with mobile data?
One could receive most SMS without a single credit in the phone account. Not the same for mobile data.

Edit: I live in a country where internet is not free for mobile users. Don't know if that's the case in other countries. Receiving an SMS is still free in most cases.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Data=internet

I had phone reception (i.e. phone calls, SMS) but extremely poor internet reception.

And what Olmectron said is a good point, too - if I add Alerts then you can avoid going on the site completely unless there's something to look at. Some people have very low data plans on their phones where they are counting every refresh

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you happen to know what's the limit of the Testing API with clickatell? I simply couldn't find it?

I would guess something around 50 or 100 SMS per day?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you happen to know what's the limit of the Testing API with clickatell? I simply couldn't find it?

I would guess something around 50 or 100 SMS per day?
Yeah there is a daily limit, I reached it once when I had a mistake and it was trying to send a message every ten seconds. You won't reach it unless a user seriously spams you.

Also I updated it to fix a bug & also you won't get a message when you reply to a conversation yourself, only when others message you.

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available