GBAtemp Raffle #2 - sign up before it's too late!

Did you miss the first raffle back in July? Too bad, that means you didn't get to win a Nintendo Switch or one of the nice little Amazon gift cards we had up for grabs! Don't miss your chance this time: sign up before it's too late!

download.jpg

How to enter?
In order to be allowed to, enter you must:
1) be a Patreon backer as of November 1st - anyone who starts backing us after November 1st will not be able to enter the raffle since their first payment won't have been processed in time for the raffle.
2) post in the raffle thread that will appear on the home page some time during November
3) not get banned or suspended until the winners are announced

What prizes be offered?
We haven't yet settled the prizes but it will depend on the amount of support we receive on Patreon. Refer to the first raffle for details.
The more backers, the better the prizes will be! The main annoucement will be made during the month of November.
Besides, backing us on Patreon will give you access to a bunch of cool things - check out our Patreon for details.

When and how will the winners be announced?
We're aiming to wrap this one up by the end of November.
The winners will be randomly selected during a live stream on Twitch like last time.

If you have any questions, ask away and we'll do our best to answer them!
381107-brand.png
Support us on Patreon

Last edited by Costello,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is this the raffle thread? I want in! xD
I'm wondering the same thing my friend :)
How to enter?
2) post in the raffle thread that will appear on the home page some time during November

i know it's super exciting!

I wonder when prize announcements will come.
extremly likely in the same thread where you will say you want to enter
i do wonder if you will be qualified, since you won the prize of the last one

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i know it's super exciting!

extremly likely in the same thread where you will say you want to enter
i do wonder if you will be qualified, since you won the prize of the last one
Even if I win the prize again, I've already stated I'd give it away to another Temper.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
so, i say that you should be allowed to enter just for the lulz of seing 2 wins in a row happening
Exactly, can you imagine how many "RIGGED!!!11!1!1one!1" comments there will be if I win again? It's hilarious to think about honestly. :rofl2: :yayswitch:

Reactions: VinsCool

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Exactly, can you imagine how many "RIGGED!!!11!1!1one!1" comments there will be if I win again? It's hilarious to think about honestly. :rofl2: :yayswitch:
tbh I think fair is fair, if you win again and your still a patron then you should be all good, I'm sure there would be a handful of people who just plan to donate around the raffle dates each time and drop out once they don't win

goodluck to all imo ( but mostly me :P )

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
tbh I think fair is fair, if you win again and your still a patron then you should be all good, I'm sure there would be a handful of people who just plan to donate around the raffle dates each time and drop out once they don't win

goodluck to all imo ( but mostly me :P )
I just feel super ultra lucky to have won the Switch, so I don't mind giving away the next #1 prize if I win one. (Might keep gift cards though, depending what they are for.)

Reactions: gamesquest1

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I just feel super ultra lucky to have won the Switch, so I don't mind giving away the next #1 prize if I win one. (Might keep gift cards though, depending what they are for.)
Not to be rude, but I feel that if you won something from the prior lottery you should sit the next one out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
personally I think of it like the lottery, if your still playing (i.e donating) you get another ticket, banning people from winning twice would make people less likely to continue donating if/when they win, plus what if I win a $10 gift card, does that still exempt me from the next raffle or is there some tier system at play i.e if you win the top prize in one draw you cannot for the next draw

again, personally I feel like your donation is your ticket, even if I won 3 times in a row (assuming its not fixed) then each win is totally legit and its down to the winner to decide if they want to win or not, and I would like to think people wouldn't try to shame others out of just being lucky ^_^

and this is coming from someone who hasn't won anything, so its not like I'm just trying argue that I want all the prizes, I just think we should be truly fair, not "fairer".....to me

Reactions: VinsCool and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Blame the mighty RNG.
Not the people winning.

Well, duh.

Take it how you want. This isn't a lottery. This is a backer's raffle. Where the people who put money into the site get to participate. This isn't some pick 5 at your local convenience store. I believe it's a courtesy thing. Clearly I'm the only one.

Last edited by Kioku,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, duh.

Take it how you want. This isn't a lottery. This is a backer's raffle. Where the people who put money into the site get to participate. This isn't some pick 5 at your local convenience store. I believe it's a courtesy thing. Clearly I'm the only one.
a backers raffle is essentially a lottery of all backers, honestly as I haven't won it would be in my interest to argue to increase the odds of me winning by trying to get anyone who has won barred from the next draw,

don't get me wrong if the mods decide that this is the rule, then that's A-OK and honestly better for me (statistically speaking) but I personally think all current backers should be given an equal chance for each draw else you start having to try categorize what prizes ban you from winning what prize, or people rejecting $10 gift cards because they don't want to get barred from the next raffle etc

I guess I could kinda get behind just the top prize not going to the same person twice in a row (just to save on the arguing), but I still think we shouldn't be trying to pressure others into not entering despite their continued patronage :)

Last edited by gamesquest1,
D

Deleted User

a backers raffle is essentially a lottery of all backers, honestly as I haven't won it would be in my interest to argue to increase the odds of me winning by trying to get anyone who has won barred from the next draw,

don't get me wrong if the mods decide that this is the rule, then that's A-OK and honestly better for me (statistically speaking) but I personally think all current backers should be given an equal chance for each draw else you start having to try categorize what prizes ban you from winning what prize, or people rejecting $10 gift cards because they don't want to get barred from the next raffle etc
Agreed. If the patrons don't get to participate in a reward for their patronage, then what is the purpose (besides showing support) for becoming a patron?

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro