OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys brought it up to @linuxares , but I'm currently having a issue with the gbatemp site in general. It is infinitely generating ads over and over.I have two ad blockers and both seem to go over 300+ ads which then crashes my chrome and cause my CPU to ramp up to 100% instantly. Dunno if it's a site issue or what to do, I have tried:
-deleting history and cache on chrome
-doing malware scan and antivirus scan currently, I don't believe I have adware or anything as its specific only to GBAtemp
_I have done a setting to set each chrome tab to its own individual .exe in task manager, prior to this crashes were instant when going to the site, now it takes a few seconds
Any help would be amazing.
I did use the site a lot in the past and you may no me as the OP for the Fire Emblem Three houses forum and for some of the Pokemon forums.

Please PM me if you have any ideas and help.
I've disabled ads on your account. If the issue continues it's a virus or such on your system. Let me know.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When trying to access my XP by clicking on the experience points after clicking on my name, I get the following message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I've been getting that for quite a while now, several months.
Other places also throw the same error, like the Cheats section, and some group pages like the Code Veronica X HD texture pack page also throw this error, while I can access them just fine if I log out of my account.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To whomever it might concern:

What's the point of having an ignore feature if it doesn't work?

Screenshot_20230211-152209.png

Is this an error? Am I not using the ignore button correctly?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-12-13-46-52-03_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-12-13-46-52-03_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2023-03-12-13-49-06-31_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-12-13-49-06-31_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2023-03-12-14-14-16-64_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-12-14-14-16-64_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 47

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What's the point of having an ignore feature if it doesn't work?
Every such message that has leaked the ignore filter necessarily contains a quote (the person being ignored is quoting someone else (or perhaps even himself)).
So the problem can easily be solved by simply disabling the quote function on the forum-wide level.
Ehh, if only all problems were solved as easily...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every such message that has leaked the ignore filter necessarily contains a quote (the person being ignored is quoting someone else (or perhaps even himself)).
So the problem can easily be solved by simply disabling the quote function on the forum-wide level.
Ehh, if only all problems were solved as easily...
that's dumb

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The signature-editing page used to have information about the maximum dimensions and file size of signatures, which has been removed for whatever reason. I've seen confusion around this topic since; could it be added back?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've made a tweak to the ignore system. Replies from ignored users should be hidden now?
Somehow now it or does not always work or work not immediately or something else.
I'm observing one such post slipped through the filter right now.
This post has a quote, this post is the last one in the topic.

Update: After conducting a series of inhuman experiments, it was found that:
1. Yes, this is due to the fact that such a post from an ignored person is the last in the topic.
2. (When in Subforum) If to open such a topic by clicking on the topic name, then the filter works, the last post in topic (the one from the ignored person) is not visible.
3. (When in Subforum) If to open such a topic by clicking on the >| button (Going to the latest post) - the filter not works, the last post in topic (the one from the ignored person) is visible.
4. (When in Forum list, or in Watched forums list (so not in subforum) and the latest post in the latest topic of any subforum is the post from an ignored person) If to open such a topic by clicking on the topic name (without going inside subforum), then the filter not works, the last post in topic (the one from the ignored person) is visible.

Last edited by r1vver,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some bugs to reports, when on mobile when you click on a post that some quote, it doesn't bring them to that post if you click on the user username, instead it bring you to the top of the page.

User @WiiMiiSwitch report that he couldn't quote someone post on mobile, perhaps something broken on quoting a post on mobile. I believe I ran into this problem too before on mobile.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some bugs to reports, when on mobile when you click on a post that some quote, it doesn't bring them to that post if you click on the user username, instead it bring you to the top of the page.

User @WiiMiiSwitch report that he couldn't quote someone post on mobile, perhaps something broken on quoting a post on mobile. I believe I ran into this problem too before on mobile.
@Hayato213 on the other hand,from a smartphone i have had the problem(for a long time)that certain words such as cheats are underlined and if i click on them they take me to the Nintendo Switch cheat group.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
@Hayato213 on the other hand,from a smartphone i have had the problem(for a long time)that certain words such as cheats are underlined and if i click on them they take me to the Nintendo Switch cheat group.
Yeah, that's a new feature. It's present on desktop as well.
People generally seem to dislike it, so I dunno why it's still here. Normally, when you see random words be hyperlinks on the web, it either means your computer is infected with a virus, or the website you're visiting is desperately trying to boost engagement by putting as many links to itself in its articles, as possible.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, that's a new feature. It's present on desktop as well.
People generally seem to dislike it, so I dunno why it's still here. Normally, when you see random words be hyperlinks on the web, it either means your computer is infected with a virus, or the website you're visiting is desperately trying to boost engagement by putting as many links to itself in its articles, as possible.
This function went too far at the beginning capturing all instances of consoles names Wii, 3DS, PS3… and so on. This was removed quickly.
Now it is pretty tame and what it targets can be helpful.
Pretend this was an introduction and the new member just said something like "Hello, seems like a nice place here, so I signed up. I also need help with my 3DS…"
Then you answer: Welcome, blablabla. Describe your problem in a new thread in the 3DS Forum.
Makes sense to include a link here (and saves the time of manually doing it)

A bit too far is linking to tutorials, even inside an article marked with the tag tutorial. An everyday word that often will be used in other context than the threads/articles with that tag.

The function also targets monetary support when mentioning account upgrades, donate or something like this (at least I've seen it – don't know what will happen with my post here).

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, @shaunj66 or some other mod/admin, could you please state what currency is used on the account upgrade page? Is it USD only, or does it convert to local currency?

It has the dollar sign, but multiple nations use that to denote their currency (such as Aussie), so it's not helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz