GBAtemp V8 / tempStyle 3.2 feedback thread - post bugs or feedback here

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1633154622210.png

Pointless "More options" dropdown showing. Probably should hide if I can't use any of the options that'd be there, right?

Reactions: Costello

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It seems like there is no way to "follow" a group. A new thread was created, but I didn't get any notification, and I can't find a watch button.
Pretty sure you used to be able to watch subforums, so I find it weird that the same controls aren't there.

Is the groups feature something completely separate from the main forums?

Edit (before having even posted this reply): having remembered that someone mentioned that groups are accessible from the forums, sure thing, and there is even a watch button!
I'm kind of tempted to use the groups feature through the forums instead of through groups, but I'm very much afraid I'll break something by accident if the groups feature isn't actually fully routed through the forums.
I need some confirmation before I go and start destroying the database just because I'm doing things not the intended way by accident.

Edit2 (I still didn't post this post): after having followed the group through the forums, now the controls are also visible through the groups view as well! weird :wacko:

View attachment 278017

Pointless "More options" dropdown showing. Probably should hide if I can't use any of the options that'd be there, right?

Not only is it sometimes pointless, but in my experience it's usually the opposite, that important / often used options are hidden in "more options" for some reason.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately yes the groups are a totally separate feature that comes with a paid addon. The addon isn't optimal and not well maintained so we have to make our own improvements to it. That's why it will take time to get to that sweet spot :)

You raised several valid issues and we will definitely need to address them.

jhmiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Button: "Check for new posts"
The button is not updated.
I explain: When I enter a thread and hit the button, it sends me to the first unread message: This is correct.
But, when I finish reading all the messages, if I click the button again, it sends me to the "old" first unread message.
He doesn't seem to realize that I have already read the messages.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see all the improvements and fixes coming in already, all the effort is appreciated.

I find the order of the notifications in the drop-down changes between page loads, can be hard to keep track of which have been checked when the stars don't immediately disappear.

Reactions: Sono

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I can get on here and post.. cough @Costello haha

Reviews tab just shows “overview”, so I have to press reviews > overview > navigation > my reviews… possible to make these steps shorter like it used to be? Reviews > my reviews / overview?

When writing reviews the text input panel is spaced weirdly to the right, not centralised. So the full page is not all usable even when trying to scale it.

(Some) Old reviews are now borked, @Scarlet said it’s a BB code thing: https://gbatemp.net/review/steelseries-sensei-ten.1375/

Reactions: Chary and Costello

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh yeah, on the topic of the search box: it's more crippled compared to before.
The new layout only lets you search the current thread from this drop-down menu and has less options by default, unless you click ‘Advanced…’, but that opens a new page, which doesn't let you filter to the thread, because you're not there anymore.
Also, some filters would be nice, like searching for media. The old search engine displayed images as in the results, so I could search for the word ‘img’ to search for images in a thread, which doesn't work anymore. It kind of was a workaround anyway, so, again, it'd be nice to introduce some Discord-like filters.

1633208722496.png
1633208725787.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1633210696783.png

Seems like the XP system is only counting Daily Activity and created threads.
Likes are borked, even though they do show up in the activities notifications.
Maybe I'm just talking crap, but it might be related to the new emoji/reaction system in some way.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forums are totally unusable in it's current state (without subforums).
Could you elaborate? What part of the current system makes it unusable? You can click on a tags name to view threads with that tag which provides similar kind of navigation to what was available previously, if that is the concern.
Feedback like this is kind of useless without that extra detail.

Reactions: Chary

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It seems like there was yet another performance update.

The homepage loads in less than 20s, and it's really snappy once it has completed loading.

Threads now take ~30s to load, and still occasionally freezes Android, but the load times are definitely better, including scrolling.

I didn't change anything on my phone, except it dropped from 55% to 21%.

One thing I noticed though is that the amount of lag seems to vary by the time of day.
Looking at adblock seems to indicate that it might be the ad network(s) causing the lag.

And speaking of ad network, it seems like ad serving is slightly less aggressive at early morning my time compared to late night my time.
At night the amount of blocked ads is rapidly climbing, whereas at the time of writing at early morning, it has given up after a few tries, and the website is actually usable performance-wise!

And while writing this reply, I noticed an issue where the editor keeps randomly scrolling behind the touch keyboard, which is quite annoying, as I have to scroll the text back out from under the keyboard to be able to see what I'm typing.
Pretty sure it did work properly in XF1, and that Firefox's attempt to position the textbox just above the keyboard has never failed me before, so I have a feeling it's a script doing it.
Looking at the URL, I think it tries to keep me scrolled to the post which I opened through notifications, but it keeps re-triggering both randomly, and also on editor focus change.

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: hippy dave

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why Is TEMPY not a Pateron ICON?!!!
Leave the option blank for Tempy as instructed.

Hi everyone!
I am experiencing a wierd font problem with the site since the update. I tried changing many options from the preferences tab but no success.
I thought it could be some configuration problem in my Chrome, but after installing Edge it shows the same problem.
Any idea on how to fix this?
I hope to have resolved a weird issue with fonts. Please can you clear your cache and try again?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you will put TABS bbcode inside TABS, contents of all tabs are not showed at all.

You can see an example here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unpack-and-repack-unreal-engine-4-files.531784/

This worked previously.

And IMO i preferred old way of showing tabs.
Distinguishable content boxes and tabs names not forced to be in one line.
Nested tabs not working was a bug and should be fixed.
As for how they are displayed, that is simply how the standard XenForo tabs look. I guess we could add custom styling, but I'll leave it to shaun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1