XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
twiztidsinz said:
antwill said:
twiztidsinz said:
antwill said:
Except if someone is asking for money for lawyers as you don't have the money, and then people find out you had a holiday planned which you could have cancelled and used that money for the lawyers, you are going to look bad to anyone no matter. He is not fighting for you all, he is fighting for himself and his ego...Lawyers cost quite a bit more than a trip.

Clearly you didn't read what I said, or comprehend it properly. I was saying he could have used that money and needed less money for his lawyers instead of using it for a trip and then requiring more money as he has.
YOU assume he used donation money.
YOU also assume he knew he was going to have this court battle before he planned his trip. (Pro tip: making travel arrangements and hotel reservations in ADVANCE can save you a lot of money)

You also assume he had no money, which is incorrect.
He asked for donations so he could get MORE lawyers, when he opened up donations he already had one that he paid for himself.
Again you're not reading. Only reading what you want to read. I am not saying he used donation money for his trip. I am saying he had a chance to use his OWN money to LOWER the amount he'd need. And even if he didn't want to cancel his trip he could still reschedule it, which he didn't.
And YOU are not reading that he booked this trip in NOVEMBER.

WHY would he his reschedule SPRING BREAK TRIP to a time that is not SPRING BREAK? Also, that would have probably cost him MORE money.

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Mar 25 2011, 05:51 AM)
why did his lawyers not say he was on vacation in the first place ?
They did... Sony just likes to misconstrue and omit the facts.
One of the reasons they claim for "personal jurisdiction" is that "Hotz distributed circumvention devices to thousands of California residents." ignoring that people ANYWHERE in ANY COUNTRY* could have downloaded it as well, since that's how the internet works.

And then "SCEA learned that Hotz had deliberately removed
integral components of his impounded hard drives prior to delivering them to a third party
neutral and that Hotz is now in South America, an excuse for why he will not immediately
provide the components of his hard drives as requested by the neutral."
Again, these were STANDARD COMPONENTS that are OUTSIDE of the drive. "remov[ing]" them is akin to UNPLUGGING THE DEVICE.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Antwill, please go. Preferably away.

@Maedhros: True, Sony did not explicitly say that Hotz had "fled". On the other hand, I would argue that they strongly imply it. Here are excerpts from the court document: http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/distr...35965/103/0.pdf
QUOTE said:
Most seriously, after Magistrate Judge Spero ordered an inspection of Hotz’s devices and ordered Hotz to
appear at a deposition in California, SCEA learned that Hotz had deliberately removed
integral components of his impounded hard drives prior to delivering them to a third party
neutral and that Hotz is now in South America, an excuse for why he will not immediately
provide the components of his hard drives as requested by the neutral. Hotz’s attempts
to dodge this Court’s authority raise very serious questions.

QUOTE said:
Recently, in fact, Hotz conveniently traveled to South America in the midst of
jurisdictional discovery,
including his court-ordered deposition.
When SCEA echoed TIG’s request that the components of the hard
drives be delivered immediately, Hotz’s counsel responded that Hotz was in South
America.
Id. Today, Judge Spero denied Hotz’s motion for protective order on the
grounds that the Court had already ruled on these issues three days ago.
The wording, in my opinion, makes it seem as though Hotz goes on regular jaunts to South America, something I'm not sure he has the ability to do, especially if he had planned this spring break trip since November. The issues regarding the jurisdiction and the hard drives is now, as his Hotz's lawyer said, "moot".

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
WHY would he his reschedule SPRING BREAK TRIP to a time that is not SPRING BREAK? Also, that would have probably cost him MORE money.
Well it's good to see you admit you have no idea whether what you're saying is true or not. As to why he would reschedule, oh I don't know, maybe because he has a lawsuit coming up. Sure he doesn't have to be in court, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad on his part for going on holiday in the first place. Also LOL at all you geofag groupies saying stuff like "oh all hail geohot, he is the messiah."
rofl.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Well it's good to see you admit you have no idea whether what you're saying is true or not.Keep stretching...
I have no clue who he booked with and what their terms are for rescheduling, he could have POSSIBLY avoided fees if they had someone to fill his reservations. It's not 'having no idea whether what I'm saying is true or not', it's that every place is different and has their own rules for various circumstances.

QUOTE(antwill @ Mar 25 2011, 09:00 PM) As to why he would reschedule, oh I don't know, maybe because he has a lawsuit coming up. Sure he doesn't have to be in court, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad on his part for going on holiday in the first place. Also LOL at all you geofag groupies saying stuff like "oh all hail geohot, he is the messiah."
rofl.gif
0/10 - Horrible troll.
Never cared for GeoHot in the past, still don't.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
antwill said:
Well it's good to see you admit you have no idea whether what you're saying is true or not.Keep stretching...
I have no clue who he booked with and what their terms are for rescheduling, he could have POSSIBLY avoided fees if they had someone to fill his reservations. It's not 'having no idea whether what I'm saying is true or not', it's that every place is different and has their own rules for various circumstances.

QUOTE(antwill @ Mar 25 2011, 09:00 PM) As to why he would reschedule, oh I don't know, maybe because he has a lawsuit coming up. Sure he doesn't have to be in court, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad on his part for going on holiday in the first place. Also LOL at all you geofag groupies saying stuff like "oh all hail geohot, he is the messiah."
rofl.gif
0/10 - Horrible troll.
Never cared for GeoHot in the past, still don't.
Okay now you're just in denial. And as I've said before, if you want to win this argument, go and email him and find out.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Sure he doesn't have to be in court, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad on his part for going on holiday in the first place. Also LOL at all you geofag groupies saying stuff like "oh all hail geohot, he is the messiah."
rofl.gif
Put yourself in his shoes. You plan something and you can't get a proper cancel or refund and it around his spring break what would you do?

He is human, all that stress build up and you telling me he can't/shouldn't used his break he been plan for?

I didn't know going on a holiday was bad.

What the different of him going on a holiday vs him saying home like a brick on a log. (or something like that)

Do not bring he going to court or something because you probably would not feel the same if it was you.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Mr. Antwill, please go. Preferably away.

@Maedhros: True, Sony did not explicitly say that Hotz had "fled". On the other hand, I would argue that they strongly imply it. Here are excerpts from the court document: http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/distr...35965/103/0.pdf
QUOTE said:
Most seriously, after Magistrate Judge Spero ordered an inspection of Hotz’s devices and ordered Hotz to
appear at a deposition in California, SCEA learned that Hotz had deliberately removed
provide the components of his hard drives as requested by the neutral. Hotz’s attempts
to dodge this Court’s authority raise very serious questions.

QUOTE said:
Recently, in fact, Hotz conveniently traveled to South America in the midst of
jurisdictional discovery,
including his court-ordered deposition.
When SCEA echoed TIG’s request that the components of the hard
drives be delivered immediately, Hotz’s counsel responded that Hotz was in South
America.
Id. Today, Judge Spero denied Hotz’s motion for protective order on the
grounds that the Court had already ruled on these issues three days ago.
The wording, in my opinion, makes it seem as though Hotz goes on regular jaunts to South America, something I'm not sure he has the ability to do, especially if he had planned this spring break trip since November. The issues regarding the jurisdiction and the hard drives is now, as his Hotz's lawyer said, "moot".
It's worded that way because IT WAS conveniently for him. But they can't do anything about that. And that's it.

BTW, he still didn't gave everything that was requested (the hard drive with everything on it, he removed something).

And King Vamp, regardless of your oppinion, he still a cocky guy.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nebula91 said:
I could've sworn reps or lawyers already declared everything has been handed over (the missing components or whatever) so that point is "moot"... No?
If he sended them already, there's no problem at all... but he didn't send it at first when requested.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Still doesn't mean change the law on him and hate on the guy.

If I skills like him, I be little like I'm awesome too.

He not allow to feel good about himself?

Hey the guy can actually be right.

His mood could be helping him get through this.

I guess it better if it act like a robot?

Maedhros said:
QUOTE(nebula91 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:44 PM) I could've sworn reps or lawyers already declared everything has been handed over (the missing components or whatever) so that point is "moot"... No?
If he sended them already, there's no problem at all... but he didn't send it at first when requested.
If I'm reading right, well he couldn't if he wasn't near to, he probably didn't think those components was a issue.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I have it on the first page...

"The 'integral components' SCEA is talking about are stock controller cards, not the hard drives themselves," Kellar told IGN in an e-mail. "The neutral subsequently had to explain to SCEA the form and function of hard drive controller cards. Those controller cards have since been provided to the neutral so the point is moot."

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
antwill said:
Sure he doesn't have to be in court, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad on his part for going on holiday in the first place.

No, it only looks bad to the people who WANT to make him look bad, such as people like you, and Sony.

If he doesn't have to be in court until a specific date, then there's no reason for him to be in the country unless he was told not to. Especially seeing as how it's SPRING BREAK for college students. It's pretty common for SPRING BREAK students to go to Mexico or Brazil, or Puerto Rico or wherever he is. There was NO rule for him that said "You can't leave the country". And seeing as how he had already planned AND paid for the trip, he's allowed to go on that trip. And people like you and Sony who are seriously, trying so desperately to twist words around to make him look like a criminal, are worse than the people who say ""oh all hail geohot, he is the messiah."
rofl.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KingVamp said:
Maedhros said:
Still doesn't mean change the law on him and hate on the guy.

If I skills like him, I be little like I'm awesome too.

He not allow to feel good about himself?

Hey the guy can actually be right.

His mood could be helping him get through this.

I guess it better if it act like a robot?

Maedhros said:
QUOTE(nebula91 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:44 PM) I could've sworn reps or lawyers already declared everything has been handed over (the missing components or whatever) so that point is "moot"... No?
If I'm reading right, well he couldn't if he wasn't near to, he probably didn't think those components was a issue.
It's really difficult to get what the fuck you're trying to say... I'll just ignore this.
Without controller cards, the HD doesn't work. That was really childish... what did he gain not giving them it on the first time anyway?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
Without controller cards, the HD doesn't work. That was really childish... what did he gain not giving them it on the first time anyway?

Easy, the judge just said Hard Drives, not controller cards or anything. So he's just following the orders REEEEALLY literally. It doesn't gain him anything but lulz that he's making Sony's job harder. I'd do the same.

"Oh you wanted the controller cards as well? Heck, you should have said so, and you would've had this done weeks ago."

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
It's really difficult to get what the fuck you're trying to say... I'll just ignore this.
Oh course because it really was that hard to read.
mellow.gif

I say it a different way.

If he is cocky? So what, doesn't really matter.

As ShadowSoldier with the components, he didn't know to give it to them.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KingVamp said:
Maedhros said:
Oh course because it really was that hard to read.
mellow.gif

I say it a different way.

If he is cocky? So what, doesn't really matter.

As ShadowSoldier with the components, he didn't know to give it to them.
Yeah, sure he didn't know that controller cards wasn't essencial part of HD... sure...
rolleyes.gif

He gained not on this. Childish as fuck.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Yeah, sure he didn't know that controller cards wasn't essencial part of HD... sure...
rolleyes.gif

He gained not on this. Childish as fuck.
Isn't not possible he thought they may have controller cards.

And what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress