Grand Theft Auto V will be free to claim on the Epic Games Store until May 21st

KLaV1U0.png

The Epic Games Store continues to give out free games to entice users to its platform, and this time, they've got a pretty big game to offer. Grand Theft Auto V is going to be available for free, starting May 14th. You'll have until May 21st to add the game to your account, and you'll get to keep it forever once you do so.

:arrow: Source

UPDATE: It appears the Tweet was not meant to go up quite yet, as it has now been removed from the official Twitter account.

aGqH5AY.png

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Will the store load as one of those icons in the tray (forgot what they are called)?
2. Will the game load almost as quickly as a game would that was not running through a sad double-store window thing, given Steam has not been started on the PC yet?
1. Yes, sadly.
2. Pretty much, it might just take a fraction of a second longer, as the launchers process needs to be launched before the game.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yes, sadly.
2. Pretty much, it might just take a fraction of a second longer, as the launchers process needs to be launched before the game.
1. Good for me, better than loading as a proper taskbar tab. Unless that is what you mean will launch, then I agree: That is bad. That is sad.
2. Hard for me to see that as really being the case, at least for me. What I meant was assuming Steam has not even been booted yet. Because Steam takes quite a lot of time to boot and sign in for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People who pirated the game are now rushing to get legit copies so they can play the official GTA Online. I reckon.
and watch them be even hated more
What timing in those posts.

I did however wonder what was going to become of GTA online.

My only real interactions with it were watching a friend's kids play it and the likes of

The latter being a user made game played within it (house rules to the nth degree sort of thing)

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NO111ONE @ NO111ONE: Oh my god drug dealers inbound, panic