GTA VI development footage supposedly leaked

1663493684196.png

GTAForums user teapotuberhacker has seemingly leaked footage from an early build of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto VI overnight. The alleged leak contains some 52 minutes of playtime over 90 distinct videos. Many clips feature a female lead, which seems to corroborate Bloomberg's July report that the next GTA game will feature a female protagonist. Many shots also feature a landscape that appears reminiscent of Miami, in an apparent callback to Rockstar's 2002 installment, VIce City. However, the setting appears to be in a different town altogether, as in-game signs and police cars bear the name "Port Gelhorn".

The clips jump between active in game playable scenarios, and basic development testing. Physics engine vectors and object names appear throughout the videos, and many NPCs appear less detailed and unpolished compared to the player character. It's unclear when these videos are alleged to have been initially produced. Early work on GTA VI began in 2014, but full scale development likely only began in earnest after the release of Red Dead Redemption II in 2018. If this leak represents recent development footage, the game is likely at least a few years from release.

The leaker joined GTAForums today, and also claims to have in his possession source code and assets from GTA V and GTA VI. He posted several screenshots of the supposed code on that forum, and hinted he may have plans to dump that as well. Only time will tell whether this constitutes actual development footage, but if fake, this would likely constitute hundreds of hours of work to create such convincing forgery.

:arrow: Source

Additional YouTube links of aggregated footage 1 2

Update: above links are no longer functioning due to complaints issued by Take 2 Interactive, you can find an archived version here

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you're aware that GTA has always been popular with minorities. We're not quite as thin-skinned as some people want us to be. If something is funny, it's funny, and no person or culture is above criticism or satire.
You must be extremely eager to play the race card given that my post said nothing against the sort.

• Angry
Reactions: AHB

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is gonna come out first: GTA VI, Elder Scrolls VI, Hollow Knight: Silksong, or Star Citizen?
With the way things are shaping up, I can't believe I'm fucking saying it but I genuinely think Star Citizen at this point.
That is of course unless you don't count Early Access, in which case I would just say Elder Scrolls 6 at that point.

• Haha
Reactions: altstink

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
I shouldn't have waited until morning to watch the videos. Gone now, as is the thread on GTAForums. At least that shows it was legit!

• Haha
Reactions: altstink

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not only that but like, if you have code that works, why even make it again, it's there! lol
The reasons to recycle code are plentiful, and the most obvious one is just that, if it works, then use it again and you're good to go!
It saves time, energy, and also possibilities to make a mistake and rewrite something incorrectly, among other things.
We're humans and make mistakes all the time, so no point making the same mistakes again, if they were fixed in the existing codebase!
rule number one of engineers : If it's not broken, don't fix it
Something that a lot of companies like Blizzard (with WC3) and Maxis (with TS4) haven't heard of lately...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this leak will force to reveal the game properly now, and if we are lucky maybe even get an ETA for a release, who knows.
You say this as if the game wasn't on track to still receive a propper reveal when the devs were ready for us to see the game. I see people online proclaiming the person that dropped these videos is a hero, but why? What have they done that has changed anything? All they've done is satisfied the fools who doubted the game was progressing through development.

I truly hope they don't now push out an earlier trailer than what was planned not showcasing as polished off a finished product, just because some tool that somehow got their hands on such content, wanted to be regarded as a 'hero' online.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“Upload yeur brain to the fuckin’ Chinese”

I see we are making fun of conspiracy theorists…good
Tbh while it's a political minefield, I'd love to see more games actually portray or at a minimum at least make fun of the insane fucking theories. Pizzagate and QAnon are hysterical and the fact people believe it even moreso. It'd make a really fucking awesome sub plot, or even a whole ass Deus Ex like game to have conspiracy theories like this be true, and the only way to track them down is to work with the psychos on imageboards and wade through the misinfo and shit.

Would be sick if GTA could portray these constant misinformation theories and the rampant, unhinged ones created weekly. Genuinely cool X-Files shit that we're sitting on here with no adaptation.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's already F2P, no paid dlc, microtransactions, or advertisements. Why would you want to ruin that?

"I want to LARP in a video game."

Another @LainaGabranth gem.

Here's one for you.

Wash those intrusive thoughts away.

Last edited by tabzer,

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
... I honestly never got that far into GTA V...
Same here, I couldn't play past the Trevor intro banging that Meth-Head chick, I damn near puked, last thing I want is a close-up shot of some dude's ugly @$$...Talking of @$$ the leaked shots look curvy and tasty so y'all stop complaining she got a phat ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo