Hardware GUIDE: Change your EZFlash 3-in-1 Battery (w/ PICS)

1Siger1

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used your guide to repair my 3in1. It is 2 months old but change of battery help with saves problem. I didn't find battery CR1220 so I bought CR2016(16mm instead 12,5mm) - I have to remove some unneaded parts of box now everything works fine.
yaynds.gif

Thanks for the guide

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
i dont know if i have a battery problem but when i play a GBA game (new game)(pokemon) it saves on onboard chip, then saves on DS but after five minutes i try to play the same GBA game (pokemon) its new game again
sleep.gif

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it true that some batteries are rechargable? I believe that official Nintendo GBA games have rechargable batteries, right? So is it possible to replace the 3-in-1's battery with one of those (model #?) and never have to do it again?

Sorry for all the questions. =P

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
knackers. broke the bottom connector off. You reckon it could be fixed? soldered back into place or something? I can get the battery with minimal fuss but can the lower connector be fixed back on or do I just have to replace the entire card?

See? this is why morons like me should never, EVER, try anything involving repairs.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've had this page bookmarked since I got an EZ3-in-1, good that it finally got frontpaged, it deserved it.
Took a while though
tongue.gif

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, on the front page! A little delayed, though. I'm going to save this article for when my EZ-Flash 3-in-1 arrives and won't save GB/C/A games anymore.

Great article, too.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool frontpaged finally.
Truely a great guide and explained things very well.

I myself ended up having more problems following it but most likely my own error.
I tried this guide when I started having problems, though after buying a new battery and putting it all back together I continued to have the same problems.
I bent the tabs a tad bit but I kept messing with it trying to get it all to connect right.
In the end it pretty much stopped working all together (not even as a RAM extension) and I broke the tab.
I know the new battery was good as I tested it with a volt meter but it just never worked out for me.
I guess I could just try soldering it together but I kinda just gave up and let it take up space in my NDS.
Which porbably has drained the new battery as its partly connected still.
I dunno,
should I attempt to solder it or should I just get a new one and call this one defective?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
At least for now i dont have that battery problem with my ezflash 3 in 1, but, i think this also will be interesting for change the GBA Lite cartridge with other, like the original one.

The thing is that this cartridges are only black or white, and Lite owners with colors like Zelda, Mario, Lime, or other special editions are literally f***ed.
Anyone tried to put a original GBA Lite sized cartridge case in a Ez flash 3 in 1?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Splych said:
mhm... Since when did this thread get posted onto Frontpage?

Why so delayed!? x)

there are only a few mag staff and users never pm us with news. ever. we have to hunt it down on our own. i simply never went looking for a 3in1 battery replacement guide.

-another world

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to warn people to be careful about messing around. I have shakey hands and apparently managed to not only brick my ez-flash doing this, but caused some sort of short in my DS as well, bricking it. I believe I broke one of those tabs and managed to make it touch a part of the card it shouldn't. Accidental of course. This was 100% my fault for being clumsy, so don't be like me. Great guide that apparently works when done right though!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh