naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this method is region free
is this a question?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

method works. Error was: I did not use the "c" extension in the command. then everything was extracted into usable files (e.g. mp4 you could directly play on PC). but for wudinstaller it needs the online encrypted format. and that is created using "c" command.

now the game (project zero) works!!! THANKS!

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is awesome, now I can free up one of my SD cards since it holds Project Zero ^_^

Also, given the fact that it installs the decrypted files onto the HDD, I was wondering about the possibility to install games that are modded. I have Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE undubbed and would like to free up my 64GB SD card. I was also wondering if the console will check for each individual file signature or if it's safe to install at all...

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, now I can free up one of my SD cards since it holds Project Zero ^_^

Also, given the fact that it installs the decrypted files onto the HDD, I was wondering about the possibility to install games that are modded. I have Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE undubbed and would like to free up my 64GB SD card. I was also wondering if the console will check for each individual file signature or if it's safe to install at all...
If one file has a bad signature, all may as well. There won't be a way to install any mods till rednand becomes functional, and then updates will have to be made to support it, presumably. This is the very essence of a signature check.

Last edited by Hking0036,
Reactions: GearCross

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's no big deal if it's not possible with this method. It would just be a matter of being able to empty the SD card.

Even though with RedNAND I am able to that (I read somewhere that it now patches signature checks, right?), I am aware that it's still not yet a viable solution so, I shall wait until it matures a bit more. NAND dumping is apparently ridiculously unstable...

Cheers.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no big deal if it's not possible with this method. It would just be a matter of being able to empty the SD card.

Even though with RedNAND I am able to that (I read somewhere that it now patches signature checks, right?), I am aware that it's still not yet a viable solution so, I shall wait until it matures a bit more. NAND dumping is apparently ridiculously unstable...

Cheers.
You can't really do it with rednand yet because there's no way to install it with the mods right now, since there's no patch for the encrypted version which I'd assume you would install. It is technically possible though. Rednand is still a ways away. If you want to make one you have to keep a 22gb NAND image on your sd and by the sound of it probably a number of redumps and a bunch of attempts to launch it. If you don't know what you're doing it's not really viable right now. That said, it's nice to see something finally develop in public rather than be holed away forever.

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't really do it with rednand yet because there's no way to install it with the mods right now, since there's no patch for the encrypted version which I'd assume you would install. It is technically possible though. Rednand is still a ways away. If you want to make one you have to keep a 22gb NAND image on your sd and by the sound of it probably a number of redumps and a bunch of attempts to launch it. If you don't know what you're doing it's not really viable right now. That said, it's nice to see something finally develop in public rather than be holed away forever.

Exactly. While everything that happened in the last few days is a much needed breath of fresh air to the Wii U, there's still much to do for it to be usable on a daily basis. Though, with this huge kickstart, hopefully now more developers will regain interest and speed up the process and/or develop new tools.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to convert an already extracted wud into .app format using discU? because discU can clearly convert into .app (wupinstaller) format, it should be capable of converting a wud folder extraction also, right?

I am just asking because some games were never released as .wud/.key, but only exist as folder extraction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1