• Views 701,373
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The C2-12828-1 (saved core file succeeded) error in VHBB looks solved! See EDIT 2.

The old Vita Homebrew Browser has not working for very long time, you should go download vpk from https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/. Install ITLS-Enso and you can use Vita internet browser to download file directly.
Thanks, ZeroSene. If the VHBB does not work properly, your method will be my preferred one.

After installing the .vpk for ITLS-Enso, running the bubble and installing it on the Vita, I have tried to download a .vpk file from rinnegatamante. I downlaoded vitaQuakeIII. The browser downloaded the file as a photo. I guess I shouldb't be surprised the Vita browser does not recognise .vpk files properly.

After a bit of searching, I found the downlaoded .vpk in the ux0:download/ folder. If I want to install vitaQuakeIII, can I install the .vpk from inside the ux0:download/ folder, or do I need to move it somewhere else first?

In any case, thanks for circumventing my issue.

EDIT
Obviously, downloading the .vpks on my computer, copying them over to the Vita, and then installing them using VitaShell works as well, but that involves two transfers (one from the web to computer, then from computer to Vita) instead of just one (from web directly to Vita). So I prefer your method, ZeroSene. Thanks again.

EDIT 2
On GitHub I found a thread of people encountering the same error code. It sounds like someone fixed it and they uploadedf a modified version of VHBB. Later today I will see if this changes the VHBB's behaviour on my end. If not, there's no harm done since I can still download via the browser.

EDIT 3
The .vpk in EDIT 2 seems to work! The error message is not there while downloading anything from the VHBB. Spread the word!

Last edited by tosti,

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That error? Try what you see and make sure that you know what you're doing. OLED Vita store all user data on the memory card, so formatting would remove games, saves, etc. The error seems to have many different causes, each one relating to a general corruption error. For me, when I did the exploit on I set henkaku.xyz/go to my homepage, which seemed to fix any errors I got.

Most modifications can be undone, although things like Enso will barely mess with your experience to the point where you'd want to uninstall it. These will all go over the original Vita firmware, so unless you start installing tons of plugins, it's not going to mess with the original firmware to the point where you need to remove anything.
You can use your current memory card too.
So you are telling me that if i follow this guide and install just the custom firmware that allow me to play Vita and psp games, i can use my Vita for normal use as i did until now (psn,online, buy games ecc..) and i can use Japanese games with patch ecc..?
I am correct? or i have to follow precise steps?

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are telling me that if i follow this guide and install just the custom firmware that allow me to play Vita and psp games, i can use my Vita for normal use as i did until now (psn,online, buy games ecc..) and i can use Japanese games with patch ecc..?
I am correct? or i have to follow precise steps?
mhm
you are correct. no precise steps needed.

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mhm
you are correct. no precise steps needed.
Thank you very much :) the most important for me is to not to be banned from pan and can play normally the games that i bought with trophies and stuff like that, i just want to play some jap Vita and psp games with patch (like Zero no Kiseki for psp and Trails of the Sky: the3rd, that are only jap with patch), and i already bought it on steam but i prefer to play portable.
Thx!, when i finish Second Chapter i start and try to put the custom firmware on my Vita, any advice? risk of bricks or anything ^^?

Reactions: tosti

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much :) the most important for me is to not to be banned from pan and can play normally the games that i bought with trophies and stuff like that, i just want to play some jap Vita and psp games with patch (like Zero no Kiseki for psp and Trails of the Sky: the3rd, that are only jap with patch), and i already bought it on steam but i prefer to play portable.
Thx!, when i finish Second Chapter i start and try to put the custom firmware on my Vita, any advice? risk of bricks or anything ^^?
These forums and the Vita Hack Guide are your best resources. The guide is written very clearly. Of course, there is always the danger of bricking your system, but if you follow the guide step by step, you'll figure it out.

Recently I went through the guide. Whenever I happened upon a roadblock, I would search these forums or ask the users here in this thread. That helped me get CFW on my Vita.

If I can do it, you can too.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any advice? risk of bricks or anything ^^?
best advice? know what you're putting on your system. it helps if you can read code (even a small amount of c/c++) but even without that, see what other people are saying about a certain software and its risks, look at screenshots, etc.
the best way to avoid a ban (although, bans seem to be rare) is to make sure that your modifications don't go online. don't let trophies for games you don't own be synced.

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
best advice? know what you're putting on your system. it helps if you can read code (even a small amount of c/c++) but even without that, see what other people are saying about a certain software and its risks, look at screenshots, etc.
the best way to avoid a ban (although, bans seem to be rare) is to make sure that your modifications don't go online. don't let trophies for games you don't own be synced.
Wait so if i play a Japanese game with patch, a Vita game (that i already bought the original) i can't stay online?

The only thing that i want to do is: put the firmware: put 1/2 Vita games, 1/2 psp games, stop, the other ones i already have so its ok.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so if i play a Japanese game with patch, a Vita game (that i already bought the original) i can't stay online?
you should be good considering you bought the original already, unless your patch is a game cheat or something (but if it's just translation it should be fine)

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you should be good considering you bought the original already, unless your patch is a game cheat or something (but if it's just translation it should be fine)
Just translation :) from jap to eng. Is Trails in the Sky: the3rd Evolution :)

Sorry for the many question, i just don't want that my love Vita to brick ^^

Last edited by Beastly-Zero,
Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After putting CFW on my Slim Vita with an SD2Vita adapter and really enjoying the light weight of it, I am contemplating retiring my old, bulky Phat vita with OFW. However, on the Phat vita I have played some games using Vita game cards and I have some save files for those games on my official Sony memory card. One of the games I have played on the Phat vita and have a save file for is LittleBigPlanet Vita. Let's take LBP as an example (and an easy abbreviation).

Now, onto my question: is there a way for me to transfer the LBP save file from my OFW Phat Vita's Sony memory card onto my CFW Slim Vita? the Slim Vita has an SD2Vita on ux0 but could also use a memory card on uma0. Both systems are registered under the same PSN ID.

Obviously, I could install LBP (EU version) on the Slim Vita using a certain PacKaGe(j). Assuming that's the exact same games as on the game card, how would I then copy the save file over from the old Sony memory card to my SD2Vita.

Do I simply plug in the old memory card with the LBP save file, automatically mount it to uma0, and then copy it over to SD2Vita on ux0? Also, would anyone know where to find the LBP save file and where to copy it on the SD2Vita?

Last edited by tosti,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone that can link me to a CTF guide to make custom themes work in the latest adrenaline?
Autoplugin can't install it because it says a file/folder is missing.
So I will need to install manually.

Last edited by vree,

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry if this has been asked before, didnt want to check 91 pages.
I recently got my first Vita, a 1000-model on firmware 3.73 and I'm looking to hack it.
I have an SD2Vita and a 128GB but currently no Vita memory card. Now I read an old thread saying mlthaku could install it, but as far as I can see this won't work on the newest firmwares? Because I need a card to install h-encore2 and then vitashell to get my SD2Vita working?

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I read an old thread saying mlthaku could install it, but as far as I can see this won't work on the newest firmwares?
mlthaku relies on the henkaku exploit in 3.60, you'll have to use h-encore2 and a memory card for anything above 3.61 (unless another webkit exploit comes out, but that won't happen for a while)

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Best GBA emulator?

And is lolicon safe to use?
RetroArch or gPSP kai 3.4 should do GBA for you.
Lolicon is not compatible with Adrenaline and may cause freeze. You should use the update replace of it Lolita444/500 or PSVshell overclock plugin.
Lolita444 is best if you want no menu no bug because it just set your vita on 444 overclock mode and you dont need to care anymore. Almost no way to crash this.
PSVshell is best if you want to change the clock, view fps, bonus stuff. Good for change thing but if you run a big game but force your GPU to lower cpu use then you crash the vita yourself.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RetroArch or gPSP kai 3.4 should do GBA for you.
Lolicon is not compatible with Adrenaline and may cause freeze. You should use the update replace of it Lolita444/500 or PSVshell overclock plugin.
Lolita444 is best if you want no menu no bug because it just set your vita on 444 overclock mode and you dont need to care anymore. Almost no way to crash this.
PSVshell is best if you want to change the clock, view fps, bonus stuff. Good for change thing but if you run a big game but force your GPU to lower cpu use then you crash the vita yourself.

Yeah I get massive stuttering on retroarch with gpsp, tried megaman zero.

Also is there a way to see what version of retroarch is installed???

Last edited by vree,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use this version gPSP in adrenaline will be enough for most game, except Golden Sun
http://wololo.net/2016/05/11/psppsvita-gba-emulator-uo-gpsp-kai-v3-4-test-4-build-225/
RetroArch you need to go download the most recent build(or nightly build if you just dont care about little bug)
https://www.retroarch.com/?page=platforms

Yeah the thing is I don't know what version is on my vita right now. And I don't want to overwrite stuff if it's not needed. But I don't see any way to check out what version is on there.

And yeah if even gPSP can't run Golden Sun. isn't it better of to just use a PSP?

EDIT: For now using it in adrenaline seems to yeeld better results.

Last edited by vree,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: its where the song was found lmao.