• Views 701,403
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I rehacked my Wii so... Let's do this next!

Is there any up to date hack a Vita guide with permanent hack? I have a firmware that supports it. The Vita has never been hacked before.

shadrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have two vitas, one slim on the latest firmware and one OLED on 3.60.

I want to convert the older OLED model over to CFW and install henkaku on it, and keep the slim vita as my "main" console that I'll use to access PSN (both are currently connected to the same PSN account, though I haven't used the OLED much in recent years, hence it's still on older firmware). Ideally, I want to remove my PSN account altogether from the OLED model before i hack it and have it as an offline-only console (it will just be used to play some fan translated vita games and possibly to replace my PSP for PS1 emulation, so it shouldn't need to go online at all after I install henkaku and I won't ever want to access PSN on it). The problem I'm having at the moment is that I can't deactivate my PSN account on the console without it trying to force a firmware update, and I obviously don't want to update the firmware beyond 3.60. When I go to the PSN settings > deactivate, it will just prompt me to update. I assumed I could just factory reset it instead, but the console will still throw up a message about deactivating my account before resetting the console and from what I've read online I'll still need to manually deactivate the PSN account even after a factory reset.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm probably being a dunce, but basically I just want to remove any association with my PSN account before I do anything to the vita in terms of installing CFW, only I can't see how I can do this without updating the firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to remove an account, you need to do a system restore (in recovery mode = ps button, R button, and power button when powering on). I did that with a banned account, and I don't remember it trying to force an update. it will rebuild the id.dat, which may be the reason it's trying to get you to update. unfortunately, the vita is tied very closely with an account, so you have to pretty much wipe the whole thing. you can do account switcher if you want, but I personally wanted my system to have one account id.

btw, if you were to update, you can just downgrade back. it's up to you. downgrading is very easy. I did so from 3.65 to 3.60 and without a tutorial since I was on the first version of 365, which has the tai stuff in partition vs0.

Reactions: shadrab

shadrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I didn't realise it was so easy to downgrade - I thought beyond 3.65 you were stuck. Though if I can do everything while on 3.60 that's probably better. The fewer steps involved, the fewer opportunities for me to balls things up.

Just so I'm clear (I'm really neurotic at the thought of anything happening to my PSN account, lol), if I do a system restore via recovery mode, but without deactivating my PSN account on the console first, it should still remove any connection with my PSN from the vita? Doing a system reset isn't a problem - there's nothing on the vita I'm precious about keeping; I just assumed it would still be connected to my PSN based on what I'd read online.

shadrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right. It seems you can do it online. From what I can see, it requires you to deactivate all of your consoles (PS4 and PS3 included) in one go as there isn't an option to do them individually except on the console itself, but I can just sign back in on the others so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll do that first, then do a system restore on the vita.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Thanks. I didn't realise it was so easy to downgrade - I thought beyond 3.65 you were stuck. Though if I can do everything while on 3.60 that's probably better. The fewer steps involved, the fewer opportunities for me to balls things up.

Just so I'm clear (I'm really neurotic at the thought of anything happening to my PSN account, lol), if I do a system restore via recovery mode, but without deactivating my PSN account on the console first, it should still remove any connection with my PSN from the vita? Doing a system reset isn't a problem - there's nothing on the vita I'm precious about keeping; I just assumed it would still be connected to my PSN based on what I'd read online.
i still play online well sometimes but my frimware is 3.70 so i use trinity exploit

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
btw, if you were to update, you can just downgrade back. it's up to you. downgrading is very easy. I did so from 3.65 to 3.60 and without a tutorial since I was on the first version of 365, which has the tai stuff in partition vs0.

So.. is possible to downgrade from 3.65 to 3.60? Vita still unhacked so I guess I have to hack it first?

WalkerTM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I got my PS Vita, downgraded it to 3.60 as it seems to be the most stable firmware, installed Enso, but can't log in to the PS Network, it keeps asking to update the system although I enabled spoofing to 3.73 and I'm using the henkaku DNS. Any solution?

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I got my PS Vita, downgraded it to 3.60 as it seems to be the most stable firmware, installed Enso, but can't log in to the PS Network, it keeps asking to update the system although I enabled spoofing to 3.73 and I'm using the henkaku DNS. Any solution?

Whats your goal about PSN?
I think you can restore the DNS settings back to default, just after installing Enso!?
Spoofing the current OS is enough I guess...

PS: Activation is blocked on 3.60, but since you downgraded, your vita is already activated, isn't it?

WalkerTM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whats your goal about PSN?
I think you can restore the DNS settings back to default, just after installing Enso!?
Spoofing the current OS is enough I guess...

PS: Activation is blocked on 3.60, but since you downgraded, your vita is already activated, isn't it?
I was logged in when I was on 3.73, if you mean this with activation.
I reverted back to the original DNS settings, but still doesn't work. Spoofing was at 3.72 first, I changed it to 3.73, but in both cases it doesn't work

WalkerTM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Solved. Uninstalled Enso and proceeded to format everything and didn't sign up to the PSN. This time instead of reinstalling h-encore using FinalHE on PC (couldn't connect the phone to the PC, it required me to sign up to the PSN which required to update the fw) I used the browser exploit and installed h-encore from there. With MolecularShell I installed Enso and now I can log in and spoofing is working

Reactions: susi91

Jay_Rose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I've been following techsavvy buyers tutorial on youtube and so far I've downgraded to 3.65 using moduro but whenever I connect to my pc it prompts for an update. I'm stuck. Please help

Last edited by Jay_Rose,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are some essential files on the system that should be backed up to recover from a soft-brick?

this is what I backed up (all files in each location specified except ur0, which is just the appmeta folder):

upload_2021-2-6_12-30-11.png

Reactions: Blasingame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI