Hacking Hack SXOS

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
No. This won't magically make it run on future firmware versions. This is not the source code and it's obfuscated to hell. The best you can hope for is someone takes the time and reverse engineers the XCI loader stuff and writes the needed patches and sysmodule compatible with Atmosphere. This can not be distributed freely because it requires copyrighted code/data.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Has anyone looked into possibly updating sxos so it can run 11.0.1 as well? Seems like this could open up more possibilities other than just spoofing a license check?
No, this will need to come from SXOS team that make the firmware, they have the source code. All we are doing in this thread is patching some SXOS 3.10 license checks and nothing more.

f0li0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone looked into possibly updating sxos so it can run 11.0.1 as well? Seems like this could open up more possibilities other than just spoofing a license check?

There are some BCPKG-Images around that can be flashed to the nand. I wouldn't recommend anyone flashing .bin files found online to your nand.

If me saying this is against the rules, then please remove.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by f0li0,
Reactions: Inaki

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some BCPKG-Images around that can be flashed to the nand. I would'nt reccomend anyone flashing .bin files found online to your nand.

If me saying this is against the rules, then please remove.
Interesting. You able to dm me that info?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think SXOS didn't have an update because it broke the .xci assembly so I never update it and don't expect others other than Xecuter to do it.

Even if they pulled out the .xci mount bracket for use in Atmosphere, they would have to deal with the same problem.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm talking about the download link. It already gave me anxiety to try it if it works xd
It seems a bit risky - best to dual boot with atmosphere and use 11.0.1 firmware in that. Set up sxos to use emunand and just flash 11.0.0 on the emunand. Also there's no reason these files couldn't be flashed to an emunand for testing...save your real nand.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
2021040410160900.jpg 2021040410153700.jpg 2021040410160800.jpg

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I see, a "Chinese" helped him. So it's probably someone who worked for Xecuter in the past? I like pyranoic theories.

No, that file is the package2 of the 11.0 firmware, with this process you basically are downgrading your console to 11.0 again but leaving the SystemVersion and the two other modules of the 11.0.1.

Reactions: Inaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: