Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I thought if you lost your disc that means you don't own it anymore?
I'm sure that exact situation depends on the laws of each country ... or even each state/province within one. Some places it's even illegal to back it up in the first place (and I'm sure some places that law is actually enforced, too.) but this same conversation has popped up many a time on this site and it usually leads to total flaming disaster ... so I think I'll leave it at that.

DuCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I figured this would be an appropriate place to post my problem. Using the Lego Batman exploit, whenever I try to install the HBC, I get the DSI exception error message. Googleing around doesn't give me an answer. So what's going on?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what issue you are having, there. are you using the correct version of the Hackmii installer? Are you using the correct bathaxx save for your region?

K

Kurisuellegarden

I do own it, but I packed it away with my Wii games after putting them on the hard drives and I originally had my Wii boot straight too Wii Fit Plus instead of bother with the menu, making it easier to stick to the routine! I'm really not obese, but I do like using it. I'm excited for the Wii U version with it being able to be playable on the Wii U gamepad too. So I don't have to crane my next to the TV to see how I'm doing. <.< I found my Wii Fit disc but it does'nt have routine so you spend all that time in the menu in between the workouts rather than just hitting random for the workouts with plus. I didn't know I would be put on court on here. I guess I'll wait for the FBI to kick my door down soon from you users. xD

DuCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I primarily followed the guide on wiiuhax.com, excepts I altered the instructions to use the bathaxx exploit instead of the smash stack. The hackmii installer loads fine until I click on "Install Homebrew Channel", then it just gives me the DSI exception error.

mariodk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
possible to use riivolution and maybe even installer it on wii U´s wii mode?
for game mods
like Texture/model/moveset/stage mods for Smash bros using Riivolution

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I primarily followed the guide on wiiuhax.com, excepts I altered the instructions to use the bathaxx exploit instead of the smash stack. The hackmii installer loads fine until I click on "Install Homebrew Channel", then it just gives me the DSI exception error.

Try Wiibrew.com's instructions instead. Sounds like whoever designed that site you used was tripping balls.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well SM themes are well known to brick a wii , if they aint constructed right or correct regions used etc , now with no brick protection to speak of for a vwii i would suggest that none of what your doing is safe , especially messing with the SM , as for priiloader i have no clue but try and track down the mutli-personalitied Daco and ask him/her , seems to be sculking around these forums from time to time . I would either try them yourself (go on make my day) or use your wii :) keep your shiny new wiiu , well ,,,, shiny and new :)

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
dont install themes yet!!!!!!!!
the app file is different to the wii version and will deffo brick your vWii

ive dumped the base app and im going to start looking in to it really soon to get vWii themes working

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
possible to use riivolution and maybe even installer it on wii U´s wii mode?
for game mods
like Texture/model/moveset/stage mods for Smash bros using Riivolution
Nope, the IOS exploit riivolution used to make changes was one of the ones that Nintendo was able to remove when making vWii so it will not work, no.
(Not yet anyhow. Who knows.)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried YAWMMI and keep getting an error message when I try to install anything. Using ahbprot. Seems this isnt the answer. I just need to know how to dump my nand so I can get the ios I need for the 236installer.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does StartPatch work for vWii? I'm wondering since it's a a Virtual 4.3U will it work? or is there anyway I can Region Free my vWii Games & Channels?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D +1