Hacking Had to reformat ExtHDD (Haxchi, WUP Insatller), All saves gone?

HyeVltg3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the assumption that saves are saved to the internal memory.

Been away from my WiiU for some months and completely forgot which ExtHDD I was using for my WiiU, so I plugged it into my PC and to see contents I needed initialize to MBR. After realizing that PC cant view WiiU format I plugged it back into the WiiU to find out it was asking to be Formatted for WiiU use.

Done. Reinstalled my games.

No games allow Continue/Load Game option.

Were saves stored in the ExtHDD?! or are they still in the WiiU Internal Memory but locked under some other profile or something (ala X360)

Haxchi
WUP to /install inside SD >> WUP Installer to USB

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
guy had so many HDDs he forgot which one is which, too much of a good thing i guess,
if you bothered to visit the data section in settings you d notice that saves are stored on the same location as the game install unless its a disc game save in wich case the save defaults to hdd but is movable between nand and hdd. so yeah your saves are poof - gone.

HyeVltg3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guy had so many HDDs he forgot which one is which, too much of a good thing i guess
Why do you gotta make yourself sound so douchey.

I only asked for help on a simple question.
If you had no idea of people circumstances dont write douchey inputs over assumptions.

I work in IT, my PC room (same place my WiiU is) is fille with PC parts, including a small pile of extHDDs.

Are you a Nimrod in real life?!

Mods you can close this thread, got my answer thanks to @SomeGamer

Reactions: Nimrod-002

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you plugged in the correct drive in Wii U, it wouldn't ask you to format it. Beside HDD Should be labeled for what they are used for especially HDD used with gaming consoles if you don't want to lose data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway