Hardware Hard Drive Enclosures

zener

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please recommend the least expensive way to go for my situation? I have a sata II 90GB ssd and I have a WD5000AACS it says sata 3.0 green drive. Whats my best option to use one of these with the wiiu? Would the ssd work self powered it doesnt draw much current but I know they say use ac powered so several factors to consider like I really dont need this 500GB drive for just games will the 90GB be enough and then the enclosure...please recommend a solution.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably not going to get a speed performance from the SSD, or at least in would be nominal. So really comes down to how many games you would be adding. If it were me I'd go with the 500gb and a powered enclosure.

Broomoperator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi I bought an inateck hard drive enclosure which was suggested in another thread. The hard drive is spinning and has external power but Wii u won't recognise it. Is there another hard drive enclosure. Can any person recommend one.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I have been able to find out about it the speed is limited by the USB 2.0 speed of the Wii U. Not really much point in the SSD besides possibly consistency.
Also hard drives are cheaper and larger capacity would likely not hurt either. You would need a super cheap y cable for the hard drive to work with just us ports.

Last edited by IiZabrakiI,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them