Has a videogame ever made you cry?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got Real Ghostbusters for my C64 and it turned out to be a terrible game, I was only young.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I won't say I did cry but , some games make me feel weird after beating them. Because I know there is no game following after that which continues the story and stuff. :\
The end of HL2EP2 was bad , I didn't cry but I was extrem angry at valve. Oo

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When Aeris dies in FF7..

Just kidding, but thats what most people will probably end up saying :/.

Do you mean scenes in a game that can make you emotional, or almost impossible to beat games where you get a few steps away from the end and die and end up doing it all over again because there arn't any save points?

I cried when she died as well. Only because I'd spent all the game levelling up her character
laugh.gif

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't cry from it, but in Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales, (yes, it had an optional sad part) reading the diaries of Irma's mother in the abandoned house made me incredibly sad. Didn't tear up, (which is all I ever do. I don't actually cry) but it made me really depressed. Plus the music there adds to the sadness. It's a sad sounding song. I can never read that anymore since I get too depressed.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Final fantasy 8... pretty much the whole story makes me emotional but not to spoil too much, a while before rhinoa goes to space (when she starts getting strange) there it is...

and before that I actually felt really bad inside my heart in zelda oot
ohmy.gif

when saria gives link the mini-ocarina, and says good bye... that moment made me think of lost friendship, like: "Hey I'll always love you, but we will never meet again".. the feeling that you want to stay there forever, you can't stop looking at your best friend.... those feelings came to me then (the first time i played it).. and they came back when he found out she was a sage.....

Hey, this is kinda off the main-topic: but i got to EDIT in a manga / anime which made me cry: Saikano

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't recall ever shedding tears but the endings of Zelda: OOT, FFX, and Kingdom Hearts made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Also I remember feeling sad but happy that I finally completed Pokemon Blue when I was about 10. I wanted it to carry on forever and felt quite gutted it finally ended
frown.gif

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ending of FF ten is sooo sad =[ and aeris dying
laugh.gif

i just beat ff 12 yesterday ahhh for a FF game i think the story is weakkkkk

I believe the word your looking for is "nonexistent", "pathetic" or "crap".

Anyways, the parting on the bridge of OOT, Aeris dying and the SoTC moment were all very depressing.

The end of FFX made me shed tears. My god was that sad.

I definitely cried at the end of Lufia II as well.

Palom/Porom and Tellah were both depressing.

Marle and Chrono's reunion on Death Peak was very touching.

I hated FFVIII, so I can't relate to most of you on that one...

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. But Lufia II and FFX = saddest endings EVER.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think i've ever actually cried in a video game, but i have felt sad at some times (Not enough so to cry though)

however in some movies/documentaries i have been a bit teary before.

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never actually shed a tear but my sight got a bit blurry when I finished Persona 3 FF8,7 and 10 were pretty sad too and I felt sorry for agro in SoTC =( The ending part of when you play with Roxxas in KH2 is pretty sad too, no noe remembers him but still have a hint of his presence *sniff* so sad
cry.gif
but one game most people might have overlooked is The last stage of Ouendan cmon everyone!
rofl2.gif
it's so awesome you just can't resist getting all hyped up and teary

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grim Fandango. What a story! Not going to ruin anything for anyone, but damn, what a game! Wouold love to see some of the old skool Lucas Arts games updated...

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The end cutscenes of the Zelda games make me a bit sad. Especially Majoras Mask when you see the Deku butler from the 1st temple maze stareing at a disfigured deku-looking tree. He told you that his son had dissappeared years ago, then you see he just sitting next to the tree at the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1