Hacking [HELP] Can no longer use SD2Vita without an official memory card inserted. (Vita 2000)

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had posted in the official "SD2Vita" Thread, but didn't get much help, so making a dedicated thread. Wasn't an issue before, but now I actually need the Vita memory card for another unit, so thought I'd ask again. Short version of a long story is this. I wanted to play Chasm, but it was lagging and unplayable. After trying a few things it was suggested that I rebuild my database to solve the issue. This completely cleared my Home screen, and my SD2Vita no longer shows up. If I install an official memory card in addition to my SD2Vita, my SD2Vita works perfectly. However if I pull the official memory card, I can no longer use my SD2Vita. I'd like to go back to just using my SD2Vita if anyone knows how I can do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the config.txt file in ur0, then in ux0. I think if you rebuild the database, that file will also be recreated. ux0 can override ur0 in case there's a problem, so check the file, then cut and paste the file to ur0/tai. your plugins should still be present, it's just the config.txt.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the response. I had already done this. The Ux0 and Ur0 configs are identical. As mentioned, the SD2Vita functions completely as it did before as long as the official memory card is in. For some reason however, regardless of the config file, the SD2Vita will not work any longer without the official memory card inserted.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the henkaku stuff is henkaku.suprx in vs0, which shouldn't be affected from a rebuild of the database. I'd remove the micro sd card to see if the tai folder is present.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the henkaku stuff is henkaku.suprx in vs0, which shouldn't be affected from a rebuild of the database. I'd remove the micro sd card to see if the tai folder is present.

If I should be able to see the SD card in a card reader I can't. It was working in the Vita before I started troubleshooting tonight, but I can't seem to access it at all now. System just boot loops with only the official card in now too. This just keeps getting better. If I hold "L" on boot I can get back in generically, but I can't get access to anything other than the official Sony stuff. "Henkaku Settings appears in the menu options, but not sure that does me any good.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way you can install vita shell with qcma? that's what I did. I kept a copy on the internal memory just in case I needed it. I don't know about a boot loop, but the enso logo will freeze if sd2vita isn't making a secure connection.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way you can install vita shell with qcma? that's what I did. I kept a copy on the internal memory just in case I needed it. I don't know about a boot loop, but the enso logo will freeze if sd2vita isn't making a secure connection.

Maybe... /sigh... Odd note. I do have a second unit without SD2Vita tied to the same account. If I use the official memory card from that, and put the SD2Vita back in, the SD2Vita works again. Any easier way to do it from here?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the original needs to be formatted or it's failing. those memory cards are very poorly made, which is sad considering you have to buy officials at ridiculous prices. what does your tai config look like?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the original needs to be formatted or it's failing. those memory cards are very poorly made, which is sad considering you have to buy officials at ridiculous prices. what does your tai config look like?

Identical between all sources. I currently have a 32GB Official memory card in, and my SD2Vita. My SD2Vita is working, but if I pull the 32, the system just boot loops. If there is something I can do to make the SD2Vita boot, great. if not I guess I start from scratch with the content currently on the 32, and wipe the SD2Vita and reconfigure it. I really hate this idea, but I need the system functional.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what else to suggest. I've never encountered a boot loop, but I have encountered a freeze at the enso logo when the card wasn't plugged in all the way. I'm using the version 3 card, which is slightly too large for the compartment (you can see it sticking out a bit with the dust jacket not sitting flush. I don't normally have that problem, but it will rebuild the database, which removes your theme, if it doesn't read the card.

I'm still using gamesd.skprx instead of storage manager. I don't know much about storage manager, since I've never used it. I think it's a must for using both memory card and sd2vita, but I have a lot of space left.

since I like to mod my game systems, I've encountered times when the sd2vita wasn't usable, but I always managed to fix it. in almost all cases, there was a brand new tai config in ur0. the one on ux0 overrides it in case there's a problem.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what else to suggest. I've never encountered a boot loop, but I have encountered a freeze at the enso logo when the card wasn't plugged in all the way. I'm using the version 3 card, which is slightly too large for the compartment (you can see it sticking out a bit with the dust jacket not sitting flush. I don't normally have that problem, but it will rebuild the database, which removes your theme, if it doesn't read the card.

I'm still using gamesd.skprx instead of storage manager. I don't know much about storage manager, since I've never used it. I think it's a must for using both memory card and sd2vita, but I have a lot of space left.

since I like to mod my game systems, I've encountered times when the sd2vita wasn't usable, but I always managed to fix it. in almost all cases, there was a brand new tai config in ur0. the one on ux0 overrides it in case there's a problem.

Yea, no clue. I'm ready to toss this thing in to traffic. Worked before I rebuilt my database one way, now with an identical setup it no longer works that way.

Edit: Copied the contents from one official memory card to the other one, so now I'm back to my original problem. /sigh

Last edited by GreatCrippler,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might have to wait for someone else to chime in. I'm kinda at a loss with this one unless the id.dat is the problem. it's on the memory card, indicating that the card inserted belongs to your system and account. that can be deleted in order to use the card on another system. henkaku settings also has an option to unmount the id.dat.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might have to wait for someone else to chime in. I'm kinda at a loss with this one unless the id.dat is the problem. it's on the memory card, indicating that the card inserted belongs to your system and account. that can be deleted in order to use the card on another system. henkaku settings also has an option to unmount the id.dat.

I've had to unmount the official cards several times because of bouncing them between the 2 systems. That hasn't been a problem. It just seems regardless of how i configure storage manager, I still need both the official memory card, and SD2Vita installed to use SD2Vita.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try the original gamesd.skprx to see if the card is being detected. it could be that the tai config on the official memory card is overriding the one on ur0, and the sd2vita is being used as mass storage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: