Help me to choose: Galaxy SIII or iPhone 4S?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well for a lightweight launcher it does offer quite a bit of features and a nice ICS look for your phone. I would show you a picture of how I could make my homescreen with Holo but i'm a bit lazy to take a screenshot and upload it.
Don't worry, lol. I'll just check it out myself.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right, I love the 3S it's style of menu's! So I am happy I chose this instead of the 4S!

Question though,

When I try to play Mario Party 3 on my emu, I can't see the spaces, only the characters. Can't see much on the map btw. just the plain map with characters on it -.-

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, I love the 3S it's style of menu's! So I am happy I chose this instead of the 4S!

Question though,

When I try to play Mario Party 3 on my emu, I can't see the spaces, only the characters. Can't see much on the map btw. just the plain map with characters on it -.-
Probably just the emulator. similar problems with the emu on my phone as well. Many games are just really hard to emulate correctly, and the Mario Party series in particular is ESPECIALLY hard to properly emulate.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Question though,

Probably just the emulator. similar problems with the emu on my phone as well. Many games are just really hard to emulate correctly, and the Mario Party series in particular is ESPECIALLY hard to properly emulate.

Yeah I know about the other emu's T-T I miss my mario party T_T

Do you know if Zelda Majora's Mask works?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I really can't say for you, since I don't own an iPhone. However, on my phone, Majora's Mask works pretty well, but there's some slowdowns here and there, and sometimes it just freezes, so it helps to make save states frequently. Using the lens of truth seems to cause HUGE slowdowns. but aside from that, it works great. I got through the first dungeon without too much trouble.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I really can't say for you, since I don't own an iPhone. However, on my phone, Majora's Mask works pretty well, but there's some slowdowns here and there, and sometimes it just freezes, so it helps to make save states frequently. Using the lens of truth seems to cause HUGE slowdowns. but aside from that, it works great. I got through the first dungeon without too much trouble.

I don't own an iPhone as well ;p I guess it'll runs fine on the Galaxy S3

does lens also cause slowdown in oot?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't own an iPhone as well ;p I guess it'll runs fine on the Galaxy S3

does lens also cause slowdown in oot?
Oh, sorry I got confused and thought you were the guy who said he plays on his iPhone 3GS. Sorry, I've been up since yesterday! :P

Anyway, I actually completely played through OoT on my phone with N64oid. Lens didn't cause much of a slowdown, but there was a graphical glitch where you couldn't see anything outside the "circle" the lens makes on the screen when you're using it. Also, entering and exiting the start menu is a bit slow. The game also freezes once in a while, so make frequent save states. But aside from that, OoT's emulation is near-perfect, and very, VERY playable. :)

Also, it's a bit expensive, but I seriously suggest investing in an iControlPad if you can afford it. It's an amazing bluetooth gamepad attachment for smartphones that latches onto your phone, and has all the buttons you need, including 2 true analog pads. It's PERFECT for playing N64 and PSX games!

http://www.icontrolpad.com/

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
$70 for that?
just get a used ps3 controller and a gameklip
Never heard of the Gameklip... I'm guessing it's a device to attach the controller to your phone, kind of like the clamp on the iControlPad?

**Edit**
That looks amazing... I would definitely get one if there was one available for my phone. Will definitely pick this up if I ever get an SGSIII. Thanks for telling me about it!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1e2Ob.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've got the 4s, my partner has the S III so i've played with both quite alot.

The biggest benefit is Apple products retain value, where as the SIII has dropped £100 in 2 months ,I could easily sell my 4s and buy a SIII and still have money left over, that almost a year after release.

My opinion is if ya can get a 4s sell it buy a SIII and have money left, Personally Im not a fan of the SIII just cause of the size, its very uncomfortable to hold if you got small hands but its a very decent phone apart from that

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've got the 4s, my partner has the S III so i've played with both quite alot.

The biggest benefit is Apple products retain value, where as the SIII has dropped £100 in 2 months ,I could easily sell my 4s and buy a SIII and still have money left over, that almost a year after release.

My opinion is if ya can get a 4s sell it buy a SIII and have money left, Personally Im not a fan of the SIII just cause of the size, its very uncomfortable to hold if you got small hands but its a very decent phone apart from that

I also have small hands, but I'll keep this phone you know. When I, well when my contract ends I'll get a new phone and keep this one as a back-up. Also my hands are very small for a guy(Little girl hands =3) and I love the size. But it is a matter of personal taste. I don't give a shit about value at all. It's not like OMFG ''he has the S3 OMG he's less worth now.''

I hate the size of the iPhone, it is WAAAAY to small for my taste :P(NO I ain't lying!)

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I also have small hands, but I'll keep this phone you know. When I, well when my contract ends I'll get a new phone and keep this one as a back-up. Also my hands are very small for a guy(Little girl hands =3) and I love the size. But it is a matter of personal taste. I don't give a shit about value at all. It's not like OMFG ''he has the S3 OMG he's less worth now.''

I hate the size of the iPhone, it is WAAAAY to small for my taste :P(NO I ain't lying!)
You can also try the flygrip if the phone is too big for you to handle. lol

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question though,

Are you using N64oid? I'll go ahead and warn you that the bomber's notebook shows as a black screen on it, rendering most of the game unplayable...

Also, N64 emulators such as these are scams: https://play.google....GF0b3IuZnJlZSJd

They took the hard work of a guy named Paul Lamb, he worked on porting Mupen+ to Android and these jerk-offs took his source code and infested it with ads... They then DMCA report any of his attempts at keeping his version on the Play Store.

You can download the offical version at: https://play.google....jY0cGx1c2FlIl0.

Or download Beta builds at his website: Paulscode.com

I recommend using Yongzh's apps only because they are free. You can find them on Slideme. ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Question though,

Are you using N64oid? I'll go ahead and warn you that the bomber's notebook shows as a black screen on it, rendering most of the game unplayable...

Also, N64 emulators such as these are scams: https://play.google....GF0b3IuZnJlZSJd

They took the hard work of a guy named Paul Lamb, he worked on porting Mupen+ to Android and these jerk-offs took his source code and infested it with ads... They then DMCA report any of his attempts at keeping his version on the Play Store.

I recommend using Yongzh's apps only because they are free. You can find them on Slideme. ;)

Unbelievable! Mario Party works on my S3!

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question though,

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Question though,

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Question though,

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Question though,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game