HENkaku for 3.68 to release on July 1

408209-eue7qwzjoiec9wd1snxa.png

The long awaited exploit for the PS Vita has finally been given a release date. When we first received news of the exploit, we were told it would likely release in 1-2 years, but luckily Vita hacker TheFloW mangaed to find a second exploit for 3.68 and get us an earlier release. The exploit will work on firmware versions 3.65 to 3.68 you do not need an official Sony memory card or an internet connection to use it. If you are on 3.65, you will be able to install HENkaku Ensō, but unluckily those on 3.67 and above won't be able to. I've included a guide for updating to stock 3.65 from 3.61/3.63.

:arrow: Release
:arrow: Updating to 3.65

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.61 and 3.63 are not compatible with the new exploit, you need to update manually to 3.65.

If that's the case, then is there really any reason to stay on 3.60 once this comes out? Other than some mods being busted or something.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ANd can I use a Vita2SD? On this version of Henkaku I have 32GB micro SD waiting for this home.
Yes... AFTER you get Taihen/Henkaku started

If that's the case, then is there really any reason to stay on 3.60 once this comes out? Other than some mods being busted or something.
The same reasoning has already been valid with the 3.65 upgrader having been out for months :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Most plugins that were updated for 3.65 should also work on 3.67+ (and, if they don't, someone will update them).

Other than that, there's no reason to stay on 3.60. IMO, the current butter zone is 3.65 since it (AFAIK) still allows PSN usage, and it still has Enso so no having to reinstall after reboot. You'll likely need to use Maidump for games 3.67+, which isn't ideal IMO, but there aren't too many of them ATM so it doesn't matter much.

If you don't mind having to re-run the Henkaku exploit after every reboot, then 3.68 is fine as well. This will net you native 3.67+ games with NoNPDRM (so no having to use bad Maidumps), and for sure will have PSN access (until Sony updates everything again, which is unlikely IMO).

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That refers to enso, the coldboot method for henkaku
So:
3.61 to 3.65: Henkaku + Enso (henkaku on boot automatically)
3.67 to 3.68: Henkaku only (dissapears after a reboot)
what can you do wìth Hankaku? like install/run commercial games? play psp roms?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
what can you do wìth Hankaku? like install/run commercial games? play psp roms?
Henkaku is a kernel exploit, so you can play backups, have access to native Vita homebrew, and use Adrenaline which acts as a full custom CFW for PSP mode (which allows you to play backed up PSP/PS1 games and homebrew).

Reactions: leon315

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use it, yes, but in order to install it, you must have an official memory card as well.
I have 2 (8GB and 16Gb) I have a great game collection for the vita but I can't download everything due to the limited storage, and a 32GB card is really expensive. I didn't intend to install a hack since I buy games for it pretty often but storage has limited me for such a long time.
I didn't buy Digimon Cyber Sleuth hackers Memory, because I have no space for it and they are not releasing Digimon games in physical format un Europe. I am really happy that this is now possible I will fill my SD with Emulators. Thank you for the help. I will order an SD2Vita adapter so it arrives by july 1st.

One Last Question Will I be able to use ps4 remote play on the vita after I install Henkaku?

Last edited by Robika,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
3.61 and 3.63 are not compatible with the new exploit, you need to update manually to 3.65.
That's why I've put them, because people might think their fw isn't compatible and they might wait for another exploit or something idk :unsure:

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good news for people on latest firmware. I don't even know what my current PS Vita firmware is, I need to check. I guess I updated it to at least 3.65. Maybe Enso make it's way up to 3.68 in the future?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good news for people on latest firmware. I don't even know what my current PS Vita firmware is, I need to check. I guess I updated it to at least 3.65. Maybe Enso make his way up to 3.68 in the future?
Very unlikely as the basic secondary exploit used by Enso was fixed...

This does not guarantee the lack of another coldboot exploit (or downgrade)... but it certainly doesn't imply they're guaranteed possible either :)

Maybe a manual offline launcher like SwitchKaku will be possible, but all depends on the implementation - probably not, if it's not based on a browser exploit

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/manufacturing/new-memory-demoed-running-at-600-degrees...