HID to PAD not working with my USB controller?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://wiiubrew.org/wiki/HID_to_VPAD <-- this program. If it matters I've attached a picture of the controller as well. It's for the switch originally but it's USB and works on PC. It's just not recognizing it in the program. Any idea what the issue could be?

51gz77QTwUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yes. When I went to put the file you linked in the controllers folder it asked me if I wanted to replace it. I did so anyway just to rule anything out and it's still not detecting my controller.

Edit: My bad, I had the controllers folder in the wrong part of the SD card. It's working now but I'm just wondering; do I have to use this program everytime I turn the wiiU back on to reconfigure the controller?

Last edited by kbf,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do I have to use this program everytime I turn the wiiU back on to reconfigure the controller?
Yes, unless you're in ?Aroma that has HID-to-Vpad as a plugin that loads at boot. With regular Haxchi &c., you need to run this program every time.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. When I went to put the file you linked in the controllers folder it asked me if I wanted to replace it. I did so anyway just to rule anything out and it's still not detecting my controller.

Edit: My bad, I had the controllers folder in the wrong part of the SD card. It's working now but I'm just wondering; do I have to use this program everytime I turn the wiiU back on to reconfigure the controller?
Its already posible too while using tiramisu by loading the old Wii U Plugin Loader system, but you need to reopen the app everytime though. To autoload controller configuration just set the config file to read only after configuring your usb/dongle controller.
With aroma things are way easier... so better use that environment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!