Homebrew Homebrew Development

D

Deleted User

Anyone who's used CSND before: what's the best way to go about taking buffers of sound samples and feeding them to it? Just doing CSND_playsound with the buffer doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, I'm down with anything as long as it is mostly consistent between apps, and wont be confused with something else later down the line. I haven't started creating yet. I expect to start working on learning the basics of creating things in a couple weeks, after exams are done.

On that note, if anyone is willing to point me in the direction of where to start (like the very beginning lol. I have a weak understanding, other than a bit of CSS, right now), I'd be eternally grateful.
3DBrew has a lot of documentation that CTRulib was built around. Aside from that some basic C which is becoming more documented every day. Or maybe even Lua. Someone is working on an lua interpreter, still very early stages though.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
3DBrew has a lot of documentation that CTRulib was built around. Aside from that some basic C which is becoming more documented every day. Or maybe even Lua. Someone is working on an lua interpreter, still very early stages though.

Thanks mate! I'll check out 3Dbrew's info on CTRulib.

Also, I hate spoon feeding as much as the next guy, but would you happen to point me on where a good spot to learn C (also as embarrassing as it is, I can't seem to figure out the answer, but where do I find the program for C?) So far I've DL'd Devkitpro and Visual Studio's 2013, but haven't really dug in. Devkitpro just gave me all these files . I haven't touched them yet though, will experiment later)

Thanks again :)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mate! I'll check out 3Dbrew's info on CTRulib.

Also, I hate spoon feeding as much as the next guy, but would you happen to point me on where a good spot to learn C (also as embarrassing as it is, I can't seem to figure out the answer, but where do I find the program for C?) So far I've DL'd Devkitpro and Visual Studio's 2013, but haven't really dug in. Devkitpro just gave me all these files . I haven't touched them yet though, will experiment later)

Thanks again :)

All those file in DevKitARM are basically your toolchain. If it installed correctly, you should be able to use the program "make" in the command line (I believe) and actually compile makefiles (Makefile is the usual filename). It also has arm-none-eabi-gcc and arm-none-eabi-g++ which are your compilers

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
All those file in DevKitARM are basically your toolchain. If it installed correctly, you should be able to use the program "make" in the command line (I believe) and actually compile makefiles (Makefile is the usual filename). It also has arm-none-eabi-gcc and arm-none-eabi-g++ which are your compilers

Ohh, ok, so I need DevkitARM not not just devkitpro. I was confused when it dumped all those files at install. So this is what I get when I extract it via 7zip

you should be able to use the program "make" in the command line

do you mean there is another program, or one that is in the set of files from DevKitPro? Or something I'm completely missing?

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
I think that the 3ds homebrew community here on gbatemp should set a standard that a certain keypress would be used to exit homebrew. Personally, I would use L+R+START+SELECT.
like the idea, but my R button is broken (like everything else in my 3DS) so that kind off leaves me hanging XD
(Anyhow, I will add that keycombo to DownloadMii :))

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, ok, so I need DevkitARM not not just devkitpro. I was confused when it dumped all those files at install. So this is what I get when I extract it via 7zip

do you mean there is another program, or one that is in the set of files from DevKitPro? Or something I'm completely missing?
Make is part of Visual Studio.

like the idea, but my R button is broken (like everything else in my 3DS) so that kind off leaves me hanging XD
(Anyhow, I will add that keycombo to DownloadMii :))
Well, It doesn't have to be L+R+START+SELECT, we could just use START+SELECT(that may actually be better since some people do have shoulder button problems.)

Reactions: filfat

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I know that is irrelevant to the subject but i would appreciate if anyone could compile this tool because i am trying about two months and i didnt manage anything. Thanks

https://github.com/rissole/medarot-translation

I just checked it out, and no wonder you've been failing at getting it to compile because there's a file missing in the source for some reason so i guess you're out of luck. And of course because of that missing file it wouldn't compile for me either. :(

Reactions: pikatsu

Kazanye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that the 3ds homebrew community here on gbatemp should set a standard that a certain keypress would be used to exit homebrew. Personally, I would use L+R+START+SELECT.

I believe this button combination is used in some SNES and GBA games to reset the game. I'd much rather have a touchscreen upper-right red cross such as in blargSnes. This would avoid any future conflict of the sort (until someone finds a way to register the Home button).

Reactions: shinyquagsire23

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or a standard screen or prompt with a message "do you want to exit? yes / no" everyone could use, instead of exiting without notice.
devs could use their own combo based on the homebrew buttons requirement to display the exit prompt when requested.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to share a preview of my homebrew project for a 3DS File Manager: 3DS SDiSS (3DS Secure Digital Slot Saver).

At the moment it's only a POC and it can only show files on SD, but Copy/Move/Del commands need only a little bit more of coding.

Managing sav files for emulators is also planned.

The first alpha release will be when the program can at least rename files and folders, and for this I need a little help.

Does anybody know how to activate the Software Keyboard (swkbd) plugin and use it's shared memory to exchange data? Informations on 3DBrew are minimal, I know the sys call and the plugin ID but everything else is to be guessed.

If I don't screw this up, I'll need to code my swkbd.

Waiting for the beta release (with source code) please try this POC and give me your suggestion.

In the zip you can find:
  • cia (tested on CFW)
  • Homebrew dir, to be placed with its content in the root of the 3DS SD
  • elf file and other resources (icon, banner, rsf) if someone want to try to convert the program in another format
User commands:
  • Left - Right, toggle 1st and 2nd panel (active panel will be the source and inactive panel the destination for file copy/move)
  • L - R, toggle single - double panel view
  • Up - Down, change selected file/dir
  • A, open dir
  • Touch ... at the moment only makes labels flashing!
Backgrounds and Icons are 24b Bitmaps, they are nothing special and doesn't have trasparencies yet.

Maybe I'll make better graphics before releasing a new version.

Attachments

• 3DS-SDiSS.zip
    376.4 KB · Views: 295

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to share a preview of my homebrew project for a 3DS File Manager: 3DS SDiSS (3DS Secure Digital Slot Saver).

At the moment it's only a POC and it can only show files on SD, but Copy/Move/Del commands need only a little bit more of coding.

The first alpha release will be when the program can at least rename files and folders, and for this I need a little help.

Does anybody know how to activate the Software Keyboard (swkbd) plugin and use it's shared memory to exchange data? Informations on 3DBrew are minimal, I know the sys call and the plugin ID but everything else is to be guessed.

Waiting for the beta release (with source code) please try this POC and give me your suggestion.

In the zip you can find:
  • cia (tested on CFW)
  • elf file and other resources (icon, banner, rsf) if someone want to try to convert the program in another format
User commands:
  • Left - Right, toggle 1st and 2nd panel (active panel will be the source and inactive panel the destination for file copy/move)
  • A, open dir
Backgrounds and Icons are 24b Bitmaps, they are nothing special and doesn't have trasparencies yet.

We can't test, no .3dsx inside archive... !

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden

In the zip you can find:
  • cia (tested on CFW)
User commands:

• A, open dir

Is this what you are looking for? http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/APT:ReceiveParameter

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am quite confused. I'm trying to show text when I touch a certain area of the touch screen. Well, two problems:
1. The text is already showing when I start the program
2. When I touch the area I have specified, it doesn't do anything (Probably because the text is already showing) and when I touch the area that shouldn't display the text, it removes the text.

So really, now thinking about it, I just need to find a way to not show the text when the program loads?

Here's the code (the part you need at least):
Code:
void BottomScreen(){
    screenBottom = gfxGetFramebuffer(GFX_BOTTOM, GFX_BOTTOM, NULL, NULL);
    clearScreen(screenBottom, GFX_BOTTOM);

drawFillRect(0, 0, 30, 240, 255, 255, 255, screenBottom);

BottomText("Love me?  I do.", 120, 100, 0, 0, 255);
    BottomText("Woosh!", 20, 10, 255, 255, 255);
    Notes();
};

void Notes(){
    touchPosition myTouchPosition;