Horror-inspired 'Pinball M' revealed

Screenshot_2023-09-01-21-55-08-697_com.microsoft.office.outlook.png

Zen Studios have announced a new digital pinball game, Pinball M, which draws inspirations from the horror genre. A reveal trailer accompanied the announcement:

Pinball M will launch with five tables inspired by horror IPs, including Chucky’s Killer Pinball, Dead by Daylight Pinball and Zen’s own Wrath of the Elder Gods Director's Cut. The game is currently in development for pC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Day 1 for me but it would be nice if they were available inside of PinballFX, despite PniballFX having it's own glaring issues.
I think it's due to licenses and stuff. Things like Disney and My Little Pony, Snoopy, don't want there IP to be on the same platform as violent and graphic properties.

So having a "mature" platform they can do blood and violence and much more adult themes. Makes sense. And I can't wait to see what tables they bring. The possibilities are fuckin endless for licensed horror movie tables

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
was interested until i saw it was by ZEN. not only are their pinball physics garbage but they are a pure despicable micro transaction company. always giving you one table than expecting you to pay for the rest. no doubt they will release 20+ extra packs costing you over $200! they proved they only give a fuck about themselves when they remade pinball FX and you had to re-buy every single table again! if you want a real pinball sim with superior physics than try visual pinball X

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand why most of the older folks would enjoy pinball games cause they grew up on that, but can anyone explain why people enjoy pinball games in a virtual environment like these games do?
Doesnt seem like its the same, and yeah nostalgia is the easy answer. lol, any other reasons?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I can understand why most of the older folks would enjoy pinball games cause they grew up on that, but can anyone explain why people enjoy pinball games in a virtual environment like these games do?
Doesnt seem like its the same, and yeah nostalgia is the easy answer. lol, any other reasons?

Because real pins are incredibly rare and niche products. Depending on your location there might be little to none available to play.

My country for example there's literally only 3 places that have pinball machines. And to own a new table costs $10,000!!!

So virtual is pretty much the only viable way to play for lots of people. A new virtual pin is like $5. And Zen Studios crank out new tables every 3 months.

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because real pins are incredibly rare and niche products. Depending on your location there might be little to none available to play.

My country for example there's literally only 3 places that have pinball machines. And to own a new table costs $10,000!!!

So virtual is pretty much the only viable way to play for lots of people. A new virtual pin is like $5. And Zen Studios crank out new tables every 3 months.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. :O its pretty crazy on the costs overall. And Im in the US, we take this stuff for granted.
I have 2 places within an hour driving distance that are straight pinball arcades and even BYOB to them too.
All kinds of pinball machines available. I'm sure for the enthusiasts who are starving they would love it.
https://pinballz.com/kingdom/kingdom-classic-games/

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends how you have it configured. I'm not into the PinballFX series (or Zen for that matter) but I do play a lot of Visual Pinball X. But I've got a virtual pinball table with 2 screens and a real DMD, several solenoids for slingshots/bumpers/flippers, a knocker, digital plunger, accelerometer for nudge, 9 bass shakers for haptic feedback and all inside an actual pinball machine body. Its very difficult to tell the difference from a real table to mine. They look, feel, and play identical. I own a real table and I very much prefer the digital one. Less maintenance.

I also have an AtGames Legends Pinball. Its ok compared to the one I built. It only has 2 bass shakers for force feedback and two screens. Its definitely a "toy" compared to mine and doesn't even come close to the real experience. Its also a shitload cheaper than what I put into mine with some nice potential for mods (solenoids, more bass shakers, DMD). Most of the stock games on it are Gottlieb remakes and they look terrible but where it shines is the ability to easily hook up a PC and play FX/VPX quickly. Plus the tables you can buy from AtGames are mostly made by Magic Pixel (Zaccaria Pinball on Steam) and they play really well and look great. So it has some really unique games "built-in" as well.

Being a kid of the 70/80s nostalgia is a huge factor. In the same light though, its fun playing pinball games with nieces, nephews, and all the little squirts to get a new generation interested in pinball even if it is digital.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But I've got a virtual pinball table with 2 screens and a real DMD, several solenoids for slingshots/bumpers/flippers, a knocker, digital plunger, accelerometer for nudge, 9 bass shakers for haptic feedback and all inside an actual pinball machine body. Its very difficult to tell the difference from a real table to mine. They look, feel, and play identical. I own a real table and I very much prefer the digital one. Less maintenance.
that's the only way to do it these days if you want the real true pinball experience. i used to have a 2 screen+real DMD VP table i built myself from scratch but had to sell it 3 years ago. i can't afford to build another one pity too the vp X recreations look and play 100x better than anything ZEN could ever do. the VP X physics are just perfection you forget your playing a digital copy on a real table. such a shame i had to sell mine playing on desktop just doesn't even come close.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: tabzer and eternal

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can attest to the maintenance on real pins being a pain in the arse. It's also insane how much the prices have sky rocketed over the years. I'm lucky I've had my Twilight Zone for ages because I could never afford one now.

Reactions: tabzer and duwen

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attest to the maintenance on real pins being a pain in the arse. It's also insane how much the prices have sky rocketed over the years. I'm lucky I've had my Twilight Zone for ages because I could never afford one now.
I picked mine up nearly 15 years ago. Nothing special. Williams Lucky 7 from 1978. Luckily mine is all solid state mechanical and prices haven’t really gotten out of hand for it yet. Also I bought a bunch of parts back when I got it and prices were a little more tolerable.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Has anyone played this on the Switch? Can't find it anywhere except the Playstation Store. Blah.
The switch port is coming December 28th, supposedly.

was interested until i saw it was by ZEN. not only are their pinball physics garbage but they are a pure despicable micro transaction company. always giving you one table than expecting you to pay for the rest. no doubt they will release 20+ extra packs costing you over $200! they proved they only give a fuck about themselves when they remade pinball FX and you had to re-buy every single table again! if you want a real pinball sim with superior physics than try visual pinball X

Pinball FX3 and the new Pinball FX have been strongly progressive in improving physics. I think it's a bit of a conflation on your part to knock the physics when the issue is more about their capitalizing practices. You seem to have a habit of knocking everything about something when you decide that you don't like it for some reason. If you like pinball, you should acknowledge both the strengths as well as the weaknesses. Visual pinball is great and it's free.

Last edited by tabzer,

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch has ZZZ/MFN Zaccaria Pinball. Don’t buy this game. Although it is very accurate and very fun to play, it only comes with ONE pinball machine and a few that ZZZ/MFN have created. You will have to buy the rest, although it’s VERY cheap to get them. (Last of them costs $20/USA dollars.)

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My Switch has ZZZ/MFN Zaccaria Pinball. Don’t buy this game. Although it is very accurate and very fun to play, it only comes with ONE pinball machine and a few that ZZZ/MFN have created. You will have to buy the rest, although it’s VERY cheap to get them. (Last of them costs $20/USA dollars.)

I'm struggling to see the downside of what you are saying. Is this an advertisement?

Reactions: rcpd

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling to see the downside of what you are saying. Is this an advertisement?
Not particularly an advertisement, I just felt it was fair to call the game actually fun to play. Also buying all the tables is incredibly cheap compared to other developers (looking at you, ATGames…).

Downside is that other developers on the Switch pinball thing will make you purchase the game and give you ALL tables with it. For some reason, MFN/ZZZ does not. All I wanted to do is hand out accuracy instead of forcing someone to spend money on something they may hate. Or on something that is not at all what they expected.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!