0317111913.jpg
What's that?

Liezah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Practice! Any doodles are a good way to practice strokes. Then try to find books or videos or articles on anatomy. Also try observing other illustrations etc. Oh and try using different mediums like paint/ charcoal/ crayons. That may trigger your artistic side. Everyone has their own style, just polish up your own in your own way. :3

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your lines are too hard and too tight. Its fine to have that shown as a final piece if you want it to have that graphic-like feel but you need to loosen up. Let your learning process be something where you experiment with many kinds of techniques. Gestural strokes are always good too. It takes a lot of practice to be good but at least you're determined at getting better.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the lines look hard because I use a sharpie after I draw them in pencil. Would you rather me draw without the sharpie?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this one looks kinda crappy. I'm gonna try and fix it.

luke%20001.jpg

And yes, I know that his one foot is messed up.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Duskye said:

luke%20001.jpg

It looks okay for me. At first, you should draw the shape of the character you're drawing, but you have to draw it lightly so even if you did an mistake, you can erase it with no sign of trails of your pencil.
smile.gif

Did you draw it without reference?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FiReFoX_7 said:
Duskye said:

luke%20001.jpg

It looks okay for me. At first, you should draw the shape of the character you're drawing, but you have to draw it lightly so even if you did an mistake, you can erase it with no sign of trails of your pencil.
smile.gif

I never drew him before, so I used a reference.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Duskye said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
Duskye said:

luke%20001.jpg

smile.gif

Well, I don't play Professor Layton on DS and I don't know too much about this game. But, what's the name of the boy you draw?
unsure.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FiReFoX_7 said:
Duskye said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
Duskye said:

luke%20001.jpg

smile.gif

Well, I don't play Professor Layton on DS and I don't know too much about this game. But, what's the name of the boy you draw?
unsure.gif

Luke Triton

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've just drew this a few minutes ago. View the spoiler. Don't ever think I just traced that from the original pic, you can see the difference between the original and to my drawing.

ORIGINAL PIC
Luke-Triton-professor-layton-series-13262216-481-1000.jpg

100_2877.JPG

100_2878.JPG

100_2885.JPG

100_2899.JPG
EDIT: Sorry for some trace of lines, I rushed when I drew that.
frown.gif

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice would be learn to draw a freehand circle. You seem to have problems drawing curved lines, your straight lined drawings are good but you seem to be afraid to draw curved. When you draw your hand should be relaxed, visualize the drawing in your head, focus and practice more on your proportions. Practice not lifting your pencil so much, you go over the same lines multiple times instead try to go for a solid line that way it will look more natural.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I see after skimming through your pics I can saftely assume that you suffer from the exact same problem I used to back when I drew "stuff". You press whatever you draw with hard againts the paper instead of making a set of lines to know which one will look best after the sketch is ready.

Also, you use pens instead of pencils, which should never, ever be done.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
From what I see after skimming through your pics I can saftely assume that you suffer from the exact same problem I used to back when I drew "stuff". You press whatever you draw with hard againts the paper instead of making a set of lines to know which one will look best after the sketch is ready.

Also, you use pens instead of pencils, which should never, ever be done.
I don't use pens I use pencils.......

It probably looks like that because I just go over it with a sharpie sometimes.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I used to draw hard, but l started drawing lighter, probably b/c I started working on how i did hair then found out I could adapt that to other things as well. But as I'm sure u have heard before go light, then darken it, plus its easier to erase with mistakes. Also like others say don't throw away stuff you aren't proud of. I shouldn't either...I usually draw badly...when I'm uninspired. But lighter lines, and use reference lines for framing... I still don't do line of action and stuff like I should... I did a new drawing if u want to see it its here: http://gbatemp.net/t289737-new-drawing

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskye said:

luke%20001.jpg

Ok, obviously you had
smileipb2.png
on the mind.

Doesn't look bad, really. You're certainly improving.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's still all derivative.

You're attempting to mimic popular cartoon styles with absolutely _no_ grasp of the underlying fundamentals. You clearly have not taken any time to learn perspective, proportions or anatomy. You've attempted to jump ahead to the end product and as a result can only produce poorly drawn replications.

Considering said replicas are shaky line notebook doodles, I'm not certain you even grasp aesthetic value. Most people would have--at the very least--cleaned these up and taken the time to scan the images instead of passing off cam shots. That would make it passable for Deviantart standards.

This will hopefully show you that even when producing cartoon characters, an artist still has more going on than you may immediately understand. If you have a sincere desire to ever "improve your art" I suggest you stop trying to take shortcuts and begin by learning basic drawing skills.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: