How did you find Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes?

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been playing it lately and am enjoying it but prefer Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

In Three Hopes missions are missable so if you have FOMO like me then you'll play every mission in every chapter which adds excessive padding to a game which already has plenty of replay value. The battle camp is a huge improvement over the monastary in Three Houses though.

The main missions and Breath of the Wild influenced gameplay in Age of Calamity were more exciting. Running around the map to hit an overpowered guardian with lasers just feels more fun than trapping the Death Knight and hitting him with boulders. So does using the Sheika Slate in combat and aiming at enemies' eyes with the bow rather than thinking about the weapon triangle.

Age of Calamity has a better art style but worse technical performance. A particular highlight are the night missions which create atmosphere by lighting up a dark battlefield with fires and explosions. On the other hand Three Hopes can run at an unstable 60fps on an overclocked Switch while Age of Calamity is locked to 30fps.

Three Hopes is designed to be replayed but I just don't enjoy the game enough to play through it a second time. When I get a PC which can emulate Age of Calamity at 60fps I will play it again. Maybe I'm just biased because I liked Breath of the Wild more than Three Houses.

Reactions: TheDerpyDolphin

BoiGamer225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished my Scarlet Blaze route not long ago, and continuing my Azure Gleam run from the demo. At first, I wasn't sure what to make of Shez, but I think he's a good character. Definitely prefer Byleth better (say what you want about their personality, or lack thereof, but I somehow grew attached to the most uninteresting character in the game lol)

The gameplay is super fun. Makes it feel like a real battle. But after a bit, I missed the more tactical gameplay of Houses. So, I'll probably finish the last route I haven't played (SS)

Overall, I give it an 8.5/10. Houses just hits a lot harder than Hopes for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one