• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How do you feel about abortion?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep, jackpot. Here's what the Bible actually says about abortion:

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.

And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.

Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents.

Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. -- 2 Samuel 12:14

God sometimes causes abortions by cursing unfaithful wives.

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.

Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/abortion.html

Last edited by Xzi,

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Um that seems to be all punishments to me, your point?
My point is that the Bible essentially says abortion is fine and you can kill any kid up to five years old if he's annoying you. It's political leaders that are lying and telling people god and the Bible have a problem with abortion. It's been a regular occurrence even as far back as Jesus' time.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that the Bible essentially says abortion is fine and you can kill any kid up to five years old if he's annoying you. It's political leaders that are lying and telling people god and the Bible have a problem with abortion.
How exactly does that prove that? Like I said it seems to be all punishments to me.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
A mother has a guide book for how to be a mother, and I know that it isn't a easy thing being a single mother but it is her responsibility, the only time adoption should be a option is if the mother is REALLY too young to take care of the child, maybe that should be a teaching tool for other young girls, not to get pregnant in their early lives which can be prevented by not having sex willingly, plain and simple, even with safety precautions to not get pregnant if they do, they need to take care of that baby, it's not the babies fault she had sex, it's hers she needs to deal with it and take accountability, but accountable to who? To GOD, if there is no God it would be fine for a woman to have a abortion, but He says "thou shalt not kill", and you end a life when you have a abortion, so if you say I believe in the bible I would say yeah, but I would also say who doesn't because any type of morality in this world is from God.
Not every one believes in the same religion.

I have a better solution. Make abortion legal and let people decide for themselves if they want an abortion or not. That way we can respect all beliefs. And not prevent abortions for people who don’t believe in religion. And let the religious folks give birth to all the babies they want and argue over their own interpretation of their bible, because it seems like not even all Christians can agree on if abortion is ok or not. That’s why you have different sects and different interpretation of the same book because no one knows what their God is trying to really say.

So leave the non religious folks out of this. Even if abortion is legal nothing is stopping you for carrying out your Gods wishes and giving birth to a baby.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How exactly does that prove that? Like I said it seems to be all punishments to me.
Yeah, and one of the punishments is literally forced abortion if the woman cheats on the man. You'd think if the Bible was anti-abortion it would be mentioned at least once. Instead all it mentions is examples of how/when to abort. It's very clearly pro-abortion.

This one in particular:

And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Means we've been doing it all wrong. You can kill your kid up to five years old as long as you pay five schmeckles.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: The Catboy

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and one of the punishments is literally forced abortion if the woman cheats on the man. You'd think if the Bible was anti-abortion it would be mentioned at least once. Instead all it mentions is examples of how/when to abort. It's very clearly pro-abortion.
It's seems to be punishment NOT pro-Abortion, the death penalty is allowed but not supported, in the bible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not? I mean if you hate me or loathe me you should so why not? Do you feel the need not to?

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's seems to be punishment NOT pro-Abortion, the death penalty is allowed but not supported, in the bible.
"Punishment." It doesn't say eternal damnation or anything like that. It says you gotta pay $5 to kill your kid, so not much of a punishment. Even a modern abortion clinic costs more than that.

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not every one believes in the same religion.

I have a better solution. Make abortion legal and let people decide for themselves if they want an abortion or not. That way we can respect all beliefs. And not prevent abortions for people who don’t believe in religion. And let the religious folks give birth to all the babies they want and argue over their own interpretation of their bible, because it seems like not even all Christians can agree on if abortion is ok or not. That’s why you have different sects and different interpretation of the same book because no one knows what their God is trying to really say.

So leave the non religious folks out of this. Even if abortion is legal nothing is stopping you for carrying out your Gods wishes and giving birth to a baby.
Aren't you religious by saying it's right to kill a baby
"Punishment." It doesn't say eternal damnation or anything like that. It says you gotta pay $5 to kill your kid, so not much of a punishment. Even a modern abortion clinic costs more than that.
Yes but there was a punishment for those sins in that time, one we no longer have to do to, save them from "eternal damnation". (Which isn't even eternal mind you.)

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why not? I mean if you hate me or loathe me you should so why not? Do you feel the need not to?

3 reasons (not ordered in any way)

1. It's illegal and I could get in trouble.

2. It's too much work. Ignoring you is easier.

3. I'm pretty sure you don't want to be killed and I don't think I should harm others.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes but there was a punishment for those sins in that time, one we no longer have to do to, save them from "eternal damnation". (Which isn't even eternal mind you.)
Wait...so we can just kill 5-year-olds without the service fee now? Huzzah, thanks Bible!

It doesn't even mention abortion as a sin FYI. It's more like a how-to guide.

Last edited by Xzi,

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 reasons (not ordered in any way)

1. It's illegal and I could get in trouble.

2. It's too much work. Ignoring you is easier.

3. I'm pretty sure you don't want to be killed and I don't think I should harm others.
Then your God given conscience is still alive, as in you haven't seared it's mouth so it can't speak to you, but a lot of people have, even some so-called Christians have.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait...so we can just kill 5-year-olds without the service fee now? Huzzah, thanks Bible!

It doesn't even mention abortion as a sin FYI. It's more like a how-to guide.
It's still a sin you know, and don't most abortion clinics make you pay?...

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but youre a nutcase xD
Well I think YOUR cool being you. But have you ever wondered why parents just come in then go out of their house for 17 years and all of a sudden notice that their children are the age 15, 16, 17, or 18? It's because they are kinda just letting life take them were it pleases instead of taking the wheel for themselves, bible says that would happen too.

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's still a sin you know, and don't most abortion clinics make you pay?...
I dunno man, I feel like the Bible is usually pretty clear about what is and isn't a sin, and it's not mentioned in reference to abortion at all.

And yeah, abortion clinics make you pay, but they'll only perform the abortion up to a certain point. The Bible Abortion™ OTOH, lets you kill those brats up to five years old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk