How intelligent are you?

How intelligent are you?

• Most people are more intelligent than me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am average.

• I am more intelligent than most people.

• I rarely meet someone who is as intelligent as myself.

• Total voters

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
tell us how intelligent you think you are compared to other people.

By intelligence I mean a mixture of smartness, wisdom, brainpower and understanding etc.

Its up to you to define it and chose the answer.

cu

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I forget the exact study and statistics but when using a self reporting method ~80% (I think) reported that they believed themselves to be higher than average in intelligence. My point? Don't expect honest/accurate answers.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm intelligent enough to know not one of you gives a shit what I think of my intelligence
smile.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
VOTE "I rarely meet someone who is as intelligent as myself." IF YOU WERE MISTAKENLEY PUT IN A RETARD SCHOOL!!

I'm smart I guess, most people come to me for advice. I just did bad on my tests last year so I have to work back up to the top for honors/advance crap

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
well being my cocky self, i put above most people, Why not the last option? Well, i. . . cant solve a rubix cube. . .
cry.gif
DEPRESSING I KNOW!

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to tests and knowledge, I guess I'm pretty smart. But when it comes to being responsible for assignments and stuff, I fail. My GPA dropped from a 3.85 to a 3.57 because I didn't do work in a lot of my classes making me fail English, and getting a D (almost F) in Physics. I keep telling myself that I'm going to do better next year, my senior year, but I don't know if I'll live up to that. I'm scared as hell that I'm not going to get into my number one choice university.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the top 1% on various scales, statewide and nationwide. I've been in specialized schooling since I was 8. I am "smart".

But pride comes before the fall so let me add this: Intelligence is overrated. Most of the supposedly intelligent are nothing more than parrots. They know how to "perform", they give the right responses and make the right motions. I believe that many people confuse efficiency with intellect. The person who navigates through college/work/society with ease, is not necessarily smart. They are simply the best performers. The most intelligent person is the one who forgoes the memorization of law books and medical periodicals and instead opts to create. The poet, the painter, the philosopher. These are the intellectuals; those who are inspired to build anew, while the layman continues running the well weathered path to success and mediocrity.

edit: Those who voted average are probally the smartest people in this thread.
rofl2.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Just average. When you get to college, you will realize that you're just average.

So true.
I used to be at the top of my class but as soon as I got to college I just dropped to the bottom because I thought I was "smart" and could get away with doing no homework.
Natural intelligence will only get you so far in life. At a certain point its just a question of how hard you're willing to work for what you want.
A slacker will never be a doctor, no matter how smart he/she is.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grades mean nothing in the real world. *flees hard*

I mean, with that said, I don't find it worth working too hard for these grades which would likely have no impact on my future, apart from doing so badly I can't get my degree. =P

Also, intelligence covers a lot of topics. I'm well-versed in videogame knowledge, but throw math and science at me and I'll cower in fear.

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the interesting thing about this poll is that it shows that a lot of people who consider them smarter than the rest MUST in fact be less smart than the average.

so whoever voted "smarter than most" must ask themselves whether thats really true.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
Grades or marks do not determine whether or not you are smart, its job is to help you learn, and people are forgetting this. The problem with society today, is that your intellect is measured by "doing your homework", and how prestigious your background is, and how much is in your wallet.
Not to mention how good you are at Jeopardy!, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and I Have No Semblance of Dignity So I'll Humiliate Myself on National Television For a Chance At Your Money. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg