How many people got rid of their latest gen system and went back to a Xbox 360 or PS3?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really went forward, except for the second Switch my wife got me last Xmas (kids took the first one with them to their apartment). I still use my 3DS and PSP (switching out depending on what game I'm focusing on), and play Animal Crossing daily on the Switch. I've yet to unwrap the Metroid game she got me with the console, and though I did break into the new Fire Emblem, I never really got past the intro. Just haven't been in the mood yet. Our PS3 is kind of our entertainment system now whenever my wife and I wanna watch TV via Prime or a movie, etc. The 360, heck, not sure if the kids took that with them or not. I can't remember if there was ever anything on it I played.

All that being said, it's my understanding that a new Ninja Gaiden might be in the works. That would inspire me to get a new console.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not 'get rid of': I see no reason to dump my switch/ps4 (no ps5 yet) but my ps3 is connected when I want to play some -still- exclusive shooters like time crisis 4 (with gun-con) or house of the death 4 and overkill (with motion controller).
Wiiu as the perfect retro console is connected permanently.... best system of all my consoles
As for handhelds: the 3ds and vita are gathering dust

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(kids took the first one with them to their apartment)
Alabama intensifies?

Some DS games still kick ass.
I usually go one further and ask what is on the 3ds that is worth doing if I played and enjoyed the DS. So far not a lot/no great compelling reason to get a 3ds has been put forward (aka 3ds has no games).

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alabama intensifies?

I usually go one further and ask what is on the 3ds that is worth doing if I played and enjoyed the DS. So far not a lot/no great compelling reason to get a 3ds has been put forward (aka 3ds has no games).
I know everyone has different taste in games, but I had loads of fun with 3DS games.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't got rid of a system since the 16bit days ...and I re-acquired both a SNES and Megadrive within a decade of getting rid of them.

I bought my first PS3 a few months after PS4 launched, and I still have my second 360 going strong (first one was sold on to a friend after I upgraded to the LE Gears of War edition).

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't get rid of my Series X but I did hunt for a 360 until I found an E Model for $30 on Marketplace! I had missed playing a few games that aren't backward compatible on the One/Series such as Outrun Online Arcade, TMNT 1989 and the Simpsons as well as some original Xbox games. It was a great purchase and I really enjoy having both systems.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC Master Race FTW over here... I either collect older consoles (mainly Nintendo branded which includes handhelds) w/ the intent to mod in the future [whether it be hardware of software], but mainly play new game titles on PC, and emulate everything else whether it be higher tier consoles such as Switch, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii/GameCube on PC, and relegate emulating 64-bit consoles and below on my PS Classic/SBC/Android set-top boxes.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think I have heard anyone like the wiiu so much. I would like to read your reasoning. I dig the switch. Portable doom and skyrim are awesome! After the hack it also runs a Linux desktop. That just makes it more of a special system to me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what makes me mad about the ps4/5 is that the remastered version of star ocean till the end of time crashes randomly. it's a ps2 game though, so even further back.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lafleche said:
I dont think I have heard anyone like the wiiu so much. I would like to read your reasoning. I dig the switch. Portable doom and skyrim are awesome! After the hack it also runs a Linux desktop. That just makes it more of a special system to me.​

Why I like the Wiiu that much? Easy to mod, plays everything from nintendo up until WIIU (wii, gamecube, n64 mostly and older)... can't see a switch running wii and gamecube games. Perfect cheap retro console with a very comfortable gamepad. .... and I am not the only one who likes the wiiu that much.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
I own many handhelds (gbc, gba, psp go, ps vita, nds, new 3ds,..) and many consoles (wii, wii u, gamecube, ps2, ps3, xbox360) and a Switch (duno where to put it in). I realized that I'm in those Handhelds more than Consoles A LOT.
For a long time, I haven't boot up any those in Consoles family, only stick with my beloved Switch V1 and other handhelds. Depend on game I am currently enjoy, I will bring that machine with me all day long (Currently, I am enjoying Patapon 2 with my PSP Go)

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what makes me mad about the ps4/5 is that the remastered version of star ocean till the end of time crashes randomly. it's a ps2 game though, so even further back.
I agree with these remasters. How can you mess these up? But they sure do. I believe that it is all on purpose in all games today. every patch every fix is all on purpose to create a title that says there is no DRM but yet they're truly is because that's what the patch is. Without the patch the game does not function properly. So buying any physical title on any console no matter who makes the console, they all have DRM. Have you noticed today how the games are more broken than they were last gen? Have you noticed how last gems games were more broken than the previous gym? they just don't want to admit they are using DRM that is forced upon you. Any physical title you will get for the most part is already broken and there's no point in even buying physical titles. I also believe that the companies want to do away with the physical titles because it cost them money so they want everybody to be on DLC titles. if you look at the statistics it all points down to these two things. They intentionally leave broken games and they are trying to force everybody to software instead of physical titles. This is why I have stayed with the Xbox 360, PS3, and everything before it. The switch I think is my last console I will ever buy.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold my PS4 Pro, PS3 60GB, and kept the older ones - PS2, PS3 Slim (120GB), Xbox 360 Slim (250GB), and Wii. In terms of handhelds, I got a DS Lite, 3DS XL, and Vita (with PS1/PSP games).

That's got plenty of games for me and I've already made a curated library to pick titles from. Plus, I was getting tired of always updating a game and all that shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol