Hardware How much do you think .3ds will take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SamAsh07 said:
Since the 3DSs' initial cartridges are 2GB (Meaning 256MB games), its highly likely that in 2 years time (after its launch around the world), the cartridges coming would be as much as 8GB (Holding a 1GB game), well seeing how powerful the 3DS has been on its first impressions, I wont be surprised if the cartridges go to say 16GB (in theory its possible, but max would be 8GB probably)
No, 2GB is 2048MB. You mean 2Gb (Gigabits).

Besides, I think they are actually 2 Gigabytes maximum at launch.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic is fail due to people not knowing their GBs from their Gbs......
nintendo also could have been clearer.....you know....spelled out out

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You guys need to leave your nerdy IT lessons behind and focus on what the cartridges really offer, do your research and then talk, a 1GB DS Cartridge holds a 128MB game, 1GB DS cartridge DOES NOT hold a 1GB NDS file. You know the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days game? Well, it used a 2GB DS Cartridge that held a 256MB KH Rom. Sheesh. I do know 1 GB is 1024MB, but in DS tech 1GB cartridge means a 128MB rom -__-

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SamAsh07 said:
You guys need to leave your nerdy IT lessons behind and focus on what the cartridges really offer, do your research and then talk, a 1GB DS Cartridge holds a 128MB game, 1GB DS cartridge DOES NOT hold a 1GB NDS file. You know the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days game? Well, it used a 2GB DS Cartridge that held a 256MB KH Rom. Sheesh. I do know 1 GB is 1024MB, but in DS tech 1GB cartridge means a 128MB rom -__-
Although 128MB is in fact 1 Gigabit.

G

GentleFist

stupid topic, similar one has existed before~ speculation about something noone cares about before anything is released is stupid, its as stupid as~ when do you think 3ds will be hacked?

not so stupid would be: when do you think 3ds will be released? since thats the first thing that has to happen~ and yes theres a topic like that

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GentleFist said:
stupid topic, similar one has existed before~ speculation about something noone cares about before anything is released is stupid, its as stupid as~ when do you think 3ds will be hacked?

not so stupid would be: when do you think 3ds will be released? since thats the first thing that has to happen~ and yes theres a topic like that
If you really think the topic is so stupid that you must post in it, then it clearly isn't stupid enough.

On another note: I believe in ProtoKun7, because he seems like the only person in this topic (except for me, of course
wink.gif
) that actually knows what he's talking about. Come on everyone, if you don't even know the difference between bit and byte, how can we possibly have a reasonable discussion?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami Wolfen said:
I know the difference between bit and Byte. One is past tense and the other is present tense.
tongue.gif
although i have a feeling your joking i feel the need to say that a byte is 8 bits.....ya know the good ole binary?
now to go do some subneting....

G

GentleFist

Okami Wolfen said:
I know the difference between bit and Byte. One is past tense and the other is present tense.
tongue.gif

epic joke love it

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Jun 16 2010, 11:29 PM) If you really think the topic is so stupid that you must post in it, then it clearly isn't stupid enough.

On another note: I believe in ProtoKun7, because he seems like the only person in this topic (except for me, of course
wink.gif
) that actually knows what he's talking about. Come on everyone, if you don't even know the difference between bit and byte, how can we possibly have a reasonable discussion?

no i posted this because i actually really think this topic is stupid in hope that people understand it is stupid and stop bumping it

again:
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.

when this is written clearly on the official nintendo site why would someone make a topic about it?

you could add it to FAQ but its probably already there, this topic is useless along with the 3 topics about when 3ds will get hacked

edit: yes people should know difference between byte and bit, id understand mistaking bit for byte since the use of bit isnt that common but the reverse is absurd

tommzy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when they mean 2 GB they Mean Gigabits, theres 8 bits in 1 byte, so u devide 2048 megabits(2gigabits) by 8 and u get 256 megabytes(2gigabits). soo 256mb for launch, 512mb, next step 1024mb, and if nescesery 2048mb.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tommzy2 said:
when they mean 2 GB they Mean Gigabits, theres 8 bits in 1 byte, so u devide 2048 megabits(2gigabits) by 8 and u get 256 megabytes(2gigabits). soo 256mb for launch, 512mb, next step 1024mb, and if nescesery 2048mb.
damn Nintendo needs to just say gigabytes or gigabits so we can end this madness
unsure.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
-_- and I just made myself a joker few posts back, most of the sites mentioned "2 GB" cartridges for "256MB games" so it's their fault!! Too lazy to type 2Gb? Lol I feel like I died from the inside.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo means GIGA-FUCKING-BYTES. Do you honestly think all that game data of, let's say, MGS, will fit on a 256 MB max game card? Think again. There's bigger DS games already out there, and those don't have anything special (like, in this case, 3D, beautiful graphics, etc). GIGABYTES. GB. Not Gigabits. Get your facts straight. A big company like Nintendo wouldn't be so stupid as to post wrong information on their own documents.

Now, shut up and read the topic for a second, then consider if what you're posting hasn't already been proven wrong many times.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
haha, lol, I was mentioning about the 1GB holding 128MB rom, but people came in shouting out its Gb not GB, so...whatever...whichever party is right, idc, I know I was right.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok everyone, this is getting really stupid. No one here seems to have proof that Nintendo believes that, in DS tech, 2GB = 256MBytes, but I have a logical approach to it being wrong.

Why would Nintendo refer to having a max size of 256MBytes card sizes for 3DS at launch when they currently have many DS games reaching that limit already (Kingdom Hearts included, which was released over a year ago in Japan), with at least 1 bigger than that at the 512MByte range (such as Ninokini: Another World, being developed by Level-5 and Ghibli Studios, and other Japan-only games)?

Also consider the 3DS's abilities. Can you really think that something that can at least match the Gamecube in power will only have 1/5 the card space as a GC mini-disk? We know it is much more powerful than the PsP, and even that touts a 1.8GByte UMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids