1675149495282.png

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just realized I made the same "man / featherless biped" joke in this thread already. Some may say I'm predictable, repetitive, boring, or senile; I prefer to call it "dependable".

Another joke I already made elsewhere.

If I had a dollar for every gender, I'd have 2 dollars and a bunch of Monopoly money. :rofl2:
Correction, you would have only Monopoly money because "gender" is made up.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized I made the same "man / featherless biped" joke in this thread already. Some may say I'm predictable, repetitive, boring, or senile; I prefer to call it "dependable".

Another joke I already made elsewhere.

Correction, you would have only Monopoly money because "gender" is made up.
I don't think gender is made up because, in cases where children had botched circumcisions and were raised as female - they almost universally rejected that, knew they were boys, and detransitioned when they were old enough

Sex defines the aspects of genitals mostly, gender is more aligned to the brain's perception

It is true that male and female brains tend to have some morphological differences and to an extent you could look at a brain and guess someone's gender

You could argue there is a spectrum there between male and female and some overlap - yeah - but sexual differences in the brain are real and likely affect how people identify and act. Sexual dimorphism doesn't stop at the penis

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very easy, be part of the Homo Sapiens species.
You then qualify to be a human, word often diminished to man, for simplicity.
Who you calling homo? ;A;

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think gender is made up because, in cases where children had botched circumcisions and were raised as female - they almost universally rejected that, knew they were boys, and detransitioned when they were old enough

Sex defines the aspects of genitals mostly, gender is more aligned to the brain's perception

It is true that male and female brains tend to have some morphological differences and to an extent you could look at a brain and guess someone's gender

You could argue there is a spectrum there between male and female and some overlap - yeah - but sexual differences in the brain are real and likely affect how people identify and act. Sexual dimorphism doesn't stop at the penis

I don't think "people who've had their dick ripped off" count as a representative sample of humanity :ha: I wonder how the study corrected for "males, from cultures that perform circumcisions (badly)" in the sampling bias :ha:

Anyway. Sexual dimorphism extends beyond genitals, but "gender" as in "the set of societal roles, rules, assumptions, expectations and stereotypes indelibly associated with what's in one's pants" is 99% pulled out of society's collective ass.

I posit that the inherent differences in brain morphology are miniscule, and the psychological differences are mainly due to upbringing and societal pressure.

Very easy, be part of the Homo Sapiens species.
1675171872855.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox