Hacking Question How to fix sx-os "boot.dat?" error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you actually push the sd card "fully" into the switch that message happens only usually when the bootdat cant be read when sending payload if your sd card is inserted "fully" then sounds like your sd card reader on your switch is fucked and it cant read the bootdat file

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you actually push the sd card "fully" into the switch that message happens only usually when the bootdat cant be read when sending payload if your sd card is inserted "fully" then sounds like your sd card reader on your switch is fucked and it cant read the bootdat file
yeah but it works perfectly fine with OFW :(

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had a the same issue.

This is how i resolved it:
* Download a program called "Mini Partition Wizard" for windows
* Use this program to format the SD card to exFat
* Put SD card into Switch and boot into OFW
* The swtich should prompt you to download the exFat update (This will update the switch to the latest firmware as well as install the exFat Patch - This will also burn your fuses)
* But the Boot.Dat onto the SD card
* Put Dongle and Jig into switch and all should be working now

I tried to follow the unoffcal guides to not burn fuses or update the firmware however since SX OS runs pretty much everything, i figured it didn't matter if i update the firmware.
Im sure a persistent cold-boot will eventually the latest firmware versions

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a the same issue.

* The swtich should prompt you to download the exFat update (This will update the switch to the latest firmware as well as install the exFat Patch - This will also burn your fuses)

I tried to follow the unoffcal guides to not burn fuses or update the firmware however since SX OS runs pretty much everything, i figured it didn't matter if i update the firmware.
should it be MBR or GPT?

coolwei1688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I had a the same issue.

I did almost the same thing as you did, but got failed result.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: comput3rus3r

coolwei1688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Mini Partition should be free.

When step did you get a failure?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When step did you get a failure?
The last step "Put Dongle and Jig into switch and all should be working now", I put dongle connect into switch , hold volume + and then power on, all thing not working but only got a red BOOT.DAT? screen.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but it works perfectly fine with OFW :(

Delete bootdat file on sd card and try different sx os versions. Personally Never had this problem your having exactly, but knowing computers funny shit can and will happen, have to keep trying different things before it works.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete bootdat file on sd card and try different sx os versions. Personally Never had this problem your having exactly, but knowing computers funny shit can and will happen, have to keep trying different things before it works.
tried sx 1, 1.2, 1.3

So I went with 32k cluster size and when i put sd into switch it says cannot this sd card you have to format it. format now?

coolwei1688

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
maybe we should try 1.1 since we both skipped it lol

well did all of it and tried with sx 1.1 and boot.dat? error
may worth a try ....but I am afraid I don't believe so, my friend. The sx boot.dat file is copied on SD card, if the file system driver in RCM not work, it can't read any content on SD card.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird thing is i've gotten the message "micro sd card has been removed" like 5 or 6 times in last 20 mins..I think I'm going to send this switch to nintendo. You think they can tell it's been in rcm mode? what natural ways could it get into rcm mode? I can say oh it crashed randomly?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing your on 4.1. Hekate is what your using to format your sd card to to exfat? Curious.. I think I remember reading somewhere exfat support lacking and being quarky with lower versions than 5.1 AFAIK.Try maybe to format to fat32 instead? See what happens.. if any luck.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing your on 4.1. Hekate is what your using to format your sd card to to exfat? Curious.. I think I remember reading somewhere exfat support lacking and being quarky with lower versions than 5.1 AFAIK.Try maybe to format to fat32 instead? See what happens.. if any luck.
I started in 4.1 but updated to 5.1 looking for a fix. I also tried fat32 cards.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started in 4.1 but updated to 5.1 looking for a fix. I also tried fat32 cards.
Interesting.. did you use the Nintendo console to format the sd card with the update? I'm Just curious of the backround of what you did in case myself or others encounter this same problem. I used the Nintendo updates to format the sd card when prompted in my personally situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1