Tutorial  Updated

How to install the latest Rebug CFW

UPDATED GUIDE HERE

Finally, I decided to post my guide to installing the latest Rebug CFW on your PS3.

If you're on OFW higher than 3.55, you CAN'T install CFW directly! You need to check if your model is old enough to be hackable (older than June 2011). If you're lucky enough and it is hackable, you can use a hardware flasher (NOR Guide | NAND Guide) to dump your 3.56+ flash, patch it and re-flash it before you can install CFW using the guides below.

If you're on 3.55 or lower OFW, or a hardware flasher patched 3.56+ OFW, or any 4.46 or lower CFW, you can install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB by following the guide below:

1- Dump your NOR/NAND Flash (optional):
If already on CFW, install latest version of multiMAN CEX, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under the Game column and go to mmOS > Press
circlebutton.gif
on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press SELECT > Press START > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes
This creates a backup of your NOR/NAND flash so that you can recover using a hardware flasher in case of a (highly unlikely) brick. It is recommended to do it every time you upgrade/downgrade your CFW just in case something goes wrong.

2- Install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive, NO game is mounted and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW >3.55!

3- Enable QA:
Go to Package Manager > Install Package Files > PS3 Hard Disk and install Rebug Toolbox. Launch it under the Game column, go to Utilities and change Toggle QA Flag to Enabled. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Notes:
  • OFW 4.55 has been released, make sure you don't accidentally update. You also need a spoofer to connect to PSN (with ban risk).
  • Make sure you use mM 4.46.00 or higher because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you install the Rebug Toolbox pkg included inside Package Manager because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you use reActPSN v2.27 or higher because older versions might not be fully compatible with this CFW.

Last edited by mschumacher69,

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question.. I am on 3.41 rebug.. for a long time.. about 2 years, I think, lol. I think it is time for me unless you want to stop me. Anyway, can I follow your tutorial or should I update to 3.55 OFW first before following your tutorial ? Thanks.

Yes, you can install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41.

If you decide to dump your flash, use your current version of mM or the Rebug Toolbox because the latest version of mM might not work on 3.41 CFW.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. before i do that.. can I dump my flash (just in case) from my 3.41 rebug tool box ? I am not sure if it is already there.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final question: Is my 3.41 rebug come with an Enable QA or install Rebug 4.46.1 first directly on top of 3.41 REBUG before enable QA ?

mahadev

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hi....my ps3 is 4.01 OFW...can it be jailbreaked? I read somewhere that only OFW 3.55 or below can broken. Or 3.55 + should have been on 3.55 below some point of time. The last part is confusing. The console that comes out of box on 3.55 or above, how can it ever have been 3.55 or below?

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi....my ps3 is 4.01 OFW...can it be jailbreaked? I read somewhere that only OFW 3.55 or below can broken. Or 3.55 + should have been on 3.55 below some point of time. The last part is confusing. The console that comes out of box on 3.55 or above, how can it ever have been 3.55 or below?

Read the dark red part of my tutorial...

mahadev

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Read the dark red part of my tutorial...

Hi,

I ran minver checker on my PS3 and the message was 'Update data of version 2.45 or later can be installed on system' (8002F967)' What does this mean? I understand I will have to downgrade it to OFW 3.55 and than install CFW 3.55. Can I do it by installing program or have to install flasher?

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I ran minver checker on my PS3 and the message was 'Update data of version 2.45 or later can be installed on system' (8002F967)' What does this mean? I understand I will have to downgrade it to OFW 3.55 and than install CFW 3.55. Can I do it by installing program or have to install flasher?

If you're on OFW higher than 3.55, you need a hardware flasher...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@msch

I forgot to mention it.. Before I install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41... Do you think that my games will need to have an original eboot files for save to work correclyt or something ? I dont want to lose my save for some games (I didn't finished them yet).

Also, from my understanding that rebug 3.41 doesnt have a QA flag.. Please correct me if I am wrong.

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@msch

I forgot to mention it.. Before I install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41... Do you think that my games will need to have an original eboot files for save to work correclyt or something ? I dont want to lose my save for some games (I didn't finished them yet).

Also, from my understanding that rebug 3.41 doesnt have a QA flag.. Please correct me if I am wrong.
If u have patched games, u might have to restore the original eboots if some games don't work. But Rebug does support patched eboots. It might be a good idea to update after u finish a game, not in the middle of playing in case u do loose ur save progress which might happen for some patched games such as Tomb Raider.

3.41 does support QA.

calagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks for this great guide. I used to come here for my GBA and NDS needs, but I realize you rock the PS3 scene just as well: upgrading from Rebug 3.55 to Rebug 4.46 was just a breeze.

I guess I'm kindof old school sticking with a fat CRT TV, so I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade MultiMan, because the mmOS, which replaced the original File Manager on previous versions is simply not usable in SD. Any comment/suggestions as to how to have a fully compatible MultiMan, while still being able to manage files on an SD display?

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Ok so I have been out of the ps3 scene since the dongle, I have a console on ofw 3.41 (I think), so it's just as easy as following the tutorial here with the latest rebug and MM and I'm good to go playing backups of the newest games?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have been out of the ps3 scene since the dongle, I have a console on ofw 3.41 (I think), so it's just as easy as following the tutorial here with the latest rebug and MM and I'm good to go playing backups of the newest games?
If you are on 3.55 or anything lower, yes. Once on CFW, you can install multiMan and all other homebrew.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to ask the 2nd opinion just to be safe.. About the install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41.

According to other forum:

No, follow Currently on 3.41/3.55OFW or 3.41CFW or 3.55CFW TB/Cobra/Geohot.

I am a little bit confused of two different opinions. :(

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to ask the 2nd opinion just to be safe.. About the install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41.

According to other forum:

I am a little bit confused of two different opinions. :(

I don't understand the answer that they gave you on the other forum... What do they mean??

Any Rebug CFW can be installed on any 3.55 or lower OFW or any CFW of the same version or lower.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I asked and they said you can't installed rebug 4.46.1 LITE directly on top of Rebug 3.41. They said you must update to 3.55 OFW first before do this.

EDIT: Did anybody test rebug 4.51.1 LITE that was already installed directly on top of Rebug 3.41 safely instead of update to 3.55 OFW first ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one. +1