Tutorial  Updated

How to make a file based emunand for Atmosphere.

1: Dump your Switch Boot0 & Boot1 files.
2: Dump your Nand - if you don't already have a working dump.
3: If you have a large RAWNAND.BIN (32GB), dump - split with the attached ddrelease64.exe/split.bat files.
4: Create a folder called eMMC
5: Move split files Boot0,Boot1,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07 to the eMMc folder that you created.
6: Make a folder on your MicoSD card called: EmuMMC
7: Copy/Move the eMMC folder into the EmuMMC folder.
8: Create the folowing file using a text editor: emummc.ini

emummc.ini - should look like this: (Since Atmosphere 0.9.2)

[emummc]
enabled = 1
path = EmuMMC
nintendo_path = Nintendo-emu

9: In Atmosphere folder - rename titles folder to titles.bak (rename afterwards once the nand dump is confirmed to boot).

That's All folks - file based nand dumps take longer to load that partition based emunand - so wait a few minutes for the nand to boot properly.

See pics for folder structure:
SApenHI.jpg

XiUIZ2K.jpg

Attachments

• Split Raw Nand Dump.zip
    786.8 KB · Views: 481
Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's not good for testing because it's in a more WIP state than partition based and you cannot create a clean NAND, yes you can clean logs, remove any trace NSPS and etc was used but Nintendo server check their logs on your console against the console local logs; what do you would happen if suddenly a bunch of peoples logs didn't match up?, ban wave? most likely yes; best not to touch your logs and etc, if you've lost your original clean NAND then bad luck.

The console only stores the last 10 logs, and then overwrites them, also you can turn the option off to share logs, so even if you clear logs - and don't go online, when a game crashes -new logs get written over any previous logs you had anyway. I think you've been reading too much false info that other people have posted.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The console only stores the last 10 logs, and then overwrites them, also you can turn the option off to share logs, so even if you clear logs - and don't go online, when a game crashes -new logs get written over any previous logs you had anyway. I think you've been reading too much false info that other people have posted.

You could only say the truth.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the correction, that's something I'll take into consideration from now on; but still clearing logs isn't a great idea, that's my personal opinion.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We're all unsafe because factory restore settings while being offline will clean up all the logs even ticketblobs.
This is System savedata in SYSTEM partition after doing factory restore settings offline.
159055_f1c25c0a0627245d321ce3e84c24c7b1.jpg

If Nintendo would ban someone because of zero error logs, so yea they will ban everyone.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
We're all unsafe because factory restore settings while being offline will clean up all the logs even ticketblobs.
This is System savedata in SYSTEM partition after doing factory restore settings offline.
View attachment 171423
If Nintendo would ban someone because of zero error logs, so yea they will ban everyone.
The point has been concluded is there any need for childish jabs or jokes?, I guess I'll take it with a pinch of salt and understand not everyone can behave maturely.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use it with a L4T Ubuntu partiton alongside Lakka too, all works fine.
That sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing ...
  1. ... the order of your partitions + size?
  2. ... the order you set that up?
I have a 400 GB mSD and I guess that setup is the one I would want to go for. :)

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing ...
  1. ... the order of your partitions + size?
  2. ... the order you set that up?
I have a 400 GB mSD and I guess that setup is the one I would want to go for. :)

1st partition is EmuMMC specifically sized to the image with 1MiB infront giving it a 0x800 offset; after that my general FAT32 user partition then I have 30GB set aside for my Ubuntu; I use modified instances of hekate(just config file changed) so I can one tap boot them via Argon.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks @TariqSoftDev - very interesting post so far :)

1st partition is EmuMMC specifically sized to the image with 1MiB infront giving it a 0x800 offset

So there's 1 MiB unallocated space in front of your first partitition (which is the EmuMMC partition), right?

after that my general FAT32 user partition then I have 30GB set aside for my Ubuntu

Did you partition it from a PC and then flashed the Ubuntu IMG to the Linux partition?
Or did you just apply the Ubuntu IMG to your card, resized the FAT32 partition afterwards and created the EmuMMC partition in front at last? Because the order here is what's confusing me.

I use modified instances of hekate(just config file changed) so I can one tap boot them via Argon.
That's a great idea I had as well to boot either Atmo or L4T Ubuntu through Argon. Someone was so kind to send me a hekate payload that looks for a different config name.
However as hekate is getting updated every now and then and you seem to be able to compile and deliver it, please consider opening a thread (or at least fork the git) and offer altered hekate builds looking for different config file names everytime a new hekate version comes out (at least for big hekate releases). That would be awesome. :)

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @TariqSoftDev - very interesting post so far :)

So there's 1 MiB unallocated space in front of your first partitition (which is the EmuMMC partition), right?

Did you partition it from a PC and then flashed the Ubuntu IMG to the Linux partition?
Or did you just apply the Ubuntu IMG to your card, resized the FAT32 partition afterwards and created the EmuMMC partition in front at last? Because the order here is what's confusing me.

That's a great idea I had as well to boot either Atmo or L4T Ubuntu through Argon. Someone was so kind to send me a hekate payload that looks for a different config name.
However as hekate is getting updated every now and then and you seem to be able to compile and deliver it, please consider opening a thread (or at least fork the git) and offer altered hekate builds looking for different config file names everytime a new hekate version comes out (at least for big hekate releases). That would be awesome. :)

I decompressed the Ubuntu img, then I created a partition for it on my sd after which I used dd to transfer img 1 from the sd img.

Do you mind telling me the name of the config file hekate looks for and I have attached my modified setup in my thread, it's drag n drop

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I decompressed the Ubuntu img, then I created a partition for it on my sd after which I used dd to transfer img 1 from the sd img.

Thanks, will try that!

Do you mind telling me the name of the config file hekate looks for and I have attached my modified setup in my thread, it's drag n drop

I mean I might not be the only person wanting this so just deliver like 3 or 4 hekate payloads, either one looking for something like
Code:
config1.ini
config2.ini
config3.ini
config4.ini

Should be alright.
Everyone could use them and put in the first line the use case (e.g. "L4T Ubuntu") as a comment. :)

Reactions: TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, will try that!

I mean I might not be the only person wanting this so just deliver like 3 or 4 hekate payloads, either one looking for something like
Code:
config1.ini
config2.ini
config3.ini
config4.ini

Should be alright.
Everyone could use them and put in the first line the use case (e.g. "L4T Ubuntu") as a comment. :)
In my post there's already a compressed zip with 4 seperate hekate payloads looking for configs such as AMShekate.ini , LAKKAhekate.ini and UBUNTUhekate.ini;

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my post there's already a compressed zip with 4 seperate hekate payloads looking for configs such as AMShekate.ini , LAKKAhekate.ini and UBUNTUhekate.ini;
Oh amazing. Oversaw that!
Then please keep providing those from time to time when hekate gets new major releases. :)

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to point emummc.ini to the path of the sxos emunand files. The example doesn't show how to reference the root of the sd or which slashes to use to get to /sxos/emunand. I am attempting to dual boot my emunand without out moving to hidden partition or copying the files to a new file path

Reactions: vincentallen2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah me neither
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're like chugging down two cans of gfuel
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Hi rez
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hangovers are awful. Luckily I don't drink much these days to begin with, but they're the reason I don't drink - a lot- anymore
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.