How To Play Games From External Hard Drive

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could dump what you have, dunno if it will make a difference, but I use nand flasher 360. dump it to a usb flash drive, dump the flash, then shutdown. remove the flash drive, use xebuild gui to rebuild the nand, then stick the flash drive in the system, power on, go back into nand flasher 360 and flash the image. shutdown again, remove the power cable, then hold the power button for 30 seconds to power cycle. after that, plug the power cable back in, and power on the system. hopefully, it works.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly does the nand do here?

I ask because originally we could hold RB and it would boot us into stock dash. Wuld that still be a nand issue?
Post automatically merged:

The PLOT thickens....if I remove the internal hard drive from the RGH - and press the power button it boots directly into stock dash. No issues, no delays.

Seems like there must be some wizardry of sorts on the internal hard drive that is causing the errors/issues to happen.

with my USB drive plugged in AND NOTHING else - with this launch.ini it still boots stock dash.

Attachments

• launch.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly does the nand do here?

I ask because originally we could hold RB and it would boot us into stock dash. Wuld that still be a nand issue?

The PLOT thickens....if I remove the internal hard drive from the RGH - and press the power button it boots directly into stock dash. No issues, no delays.

Seems like there must be some wizardry of sorts on the internal hard drive that is causing the errors/issues to happen.

with my USB drive plugged in AND NOTHING else - with this launch.ini it still boots stock dash.
boot with the internal hdd attached (nothing else), hold rb when booting up, it will boot into the stock dash. go into xex menu, and go to your internal hdd and delete the launch.ini. turn off the system, plug in the external hdd, and try to boot. btw, delete this part of the launch.ini: Usb:\Plugins\AuroraCrashPatcher.xex it's under plugins. it may be trying to boot a nonexistent plugin as that's a plugin I use.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay - deleting the launch.ini from the internal drive, then updating launch.ini on my external like you suggested and powering on the RGH takes me straight to stock dash! It's booting again!

Curious why it didnt take me into aurora tho...

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you finally got it working, with the new (internal) hdd?
I upgraded mine (hdd) just three days ago from 500GB to 1TB (that's all i need for now), it didn't take much at all, the only time consuming thing was the process of transfering games etc. considering that i had to copy them twice..

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure what the guy that i purchased it from did to make it so difficult.

I wonder if it had something to do with Alliance Server that he set-up on it...

Regardless of that, it's working now. I *think* I just need to copy the launch.ini from my external to my internal...or does that not make a bit of diff?

The plugins that were set were
1) xbdm.xex
2) Alliance.xex
3) XDRPC.xex
4) InfinityOps.xex
5) MedakaMW2.xex

what do those even do?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it had something to do with Alliance Server that he set-up on it...
Not sure what that is..
Regardless of that, it's working now. I *think* I just need to copy the launch.ini from my external to my internal...or does that not make a bit of diff?
Depends, if you're planning on storing it on either internal or external. i have mine on internal, and that's because i don't use an external hdd/usb..
The plugins that were set were
1) xbdm.xex
2) Alliance.xex
3) XDRPC.xex
4) InfinityOps.xex
5) MedakaMW2.xex

what do those even do?
You don't need none of those as they're mod-menus for the COD games, apart from xbdm which is used for things like Xbox360 Neighborhood etc.
It's up to you if you want to keep them or not.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as I have everything "blocked" that would "dial home" or try to take the system online, I'm a happy camper. I can swap out the internal and external drive once I can get a pry tool or knife to cut open the caddy.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can swap out the internal and external drive once I can get a pry tool or knife to cut open the caddy.
You're talking about a Slim, right? I reused mine, it took some time to get it open (the front part) and left the back part as is, just enough to get the hdd out & in. I taped it with masking tape in the front portion. Now, there're replacements you could buy on places like Aliexpress etc. There're dirt cheap like $3, i just had to make do with what i had..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k