Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
DOA header didn't work, it gives usual error. Now i'll try paper mario header, hope that works..

Edit: Silly me forgot to change the file ext.. Will try it after dumping paper mario.

Edit2: No luck. Trying paper mario header now.

Edit3: That didn't work either.

Am i missing something or they just don't work? I export the header from dumps, open it with hex editor change shown ones in order to AE, F8 and 98 for Pokemon X (6.1, 2gb and card2) then import this header to rom and change the ext. to .3DZ . I already have 1.2 patch and when in game wifi symbol blinks but when i try to go online it gives this card can't go online error. I'm stuck..

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats great Mario Golf and MK7 worked with the 4GB Header but both saves were corrupted and I had to start again I suppose its to do with the 128 instead of 512. Is there any way to solve this cause I got far in Mario Golf but not now :( but hay on a good note online works all OK :)

Also what are the chances of a ban from Ninti?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats great Mario Golf and MK7 worked with the 4GB Header but both saves were corrupted and I had to start again I suppose its to do with the 128 instead of 512. Is there any way to solve this cause I got far in Mario Golf but not now :( but hay on a good note online works all OK :)

Nobody knows. It's impossible to tell if, when and how much bans will happen.

Reactions: reece71079

zerolife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Can you upload the header or at least the image of the header's hex of Mario Golf ? I try and try but can't get Mario Golf online

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you upload the header or at least the image of the header's hex of Mario Golf ? I try and try but can't get Mario Golf online

Just import the 4GB metal gear solid one of the other page and inject it. Mine works fine. Is yours coming up with errors or something? As far as I have tested as long as you have a 4GB header just inject it into any rom and they work, bigger works for all, smaller wont work for a bigger rom! The save corruption is a bit of a bummer though :(

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know how big the change of a ban from nintendo is, but my guess they will ban the whole system instead of the gamecard ID.

But to have a minimum change you should buy your own game and use that header and don't share it (so it can be online twice at the same time), This way the can only ban you if they have a method to see which gamecardID is tight to which game (like working with whitelists)(at least this is what i think)

Reactions: reece71079

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how big the change of a ban from nintendo is, but my guess they will ban the whole system instead of the gamecard ID.

But to have a minimum change you should buy your own game and use that header and don't share it (so it can be online twice at the same time), This way the can only ban you if they have a method to see which gamecardID is tight to which game (like working with whitelists)(at least this is what i think)

Yeah too true or find a good friend that would be prepared to share there header with you as long as it is just the two of you using it. ;)

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have another brainwave:

apperantly the Unique ID isn't that big of a code (if you see the current heasders in a HEX editor, it is only a few bytes), and not even every combination can be made (otherwise the rom isn't readable). So is it possible they can't check it if your game is legit and some unique ID's are already double?

p.s. I don't know much about hex programming at all, so i could be completely wrong

zerolife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just import the 4GB metal gear solid one of the other page and inject it. Mine works fine. Is yours coming up with errors or something? As far as I have tested as long as you have a 4GB header just inject it into any rom and they work, bigger works for all, smaller wont work for a bigger rom! The save corruption is a bit of a bummer though :(
It works. Thank you so much man XD

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to do an experiment. I have a self dumped Mario Kart and backed up my save. Now I'm going to launch it and create a new save file and back it up. Then I'm going to launch one with an injected header and create yet another new save and back that one up. Next I'm going to launch one with the header cleared and create a third save. I am then going to compare the 3 save files to see if there is any recognizable difference (i.e. try to find unique ID string). If I am successful I will try to hex the ID string of my original to work with the injected header ROM.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys if there is anyone from the UK that could share a fresh untouched 4GB Header with me I would really appreciate your help! It must only be shared though between you and me, no one else ;) I just want to be sure its a fresh header from a euro source that I am using and not one posted all over the net, so please PM my inbox if you can help me out. Thank you :)

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys if there is anyone from the UK that could share a 4GB Header with me I would really appreciate your help! It must only be shared though between you and me, no one else. I just want to be sure its a fresh header I am using and not one posted all over the net, so please PM my inbox if you can help me out. Thank you :)

It shouldn't matter. I'm mixing and matching from different region and it works fine.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If I dump a 4 GB catrigde, the dump gets split in two files. How do I combine those files into one? Gateway rom splitter does only splitting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1