How to use the SDCafiine Aroma plugin to use other language files on a Japanese Wii U

ravijol1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I put together a pack for all of you who want to translate your Japanese Wii U to English. Most of the system will be translated with this pack. Just put the contents of the archive on the root of your SD card and you are good to go(assuming you have installed Aroma and Sdcafiine). Here is the download link: (https://www.mediafire.com/file/96ai96n3vncrbdb/sdcafiine_jpn_to_english_v2.7z/file) (Edit: Added some more translations)

Last edited by ravijol1,
Reactions: JVC2

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I put together a pack for all of you who want to translate your Japanese Wii U to English. Most of the system will be translated with this pack. Just put the contents of the archive on the root of your SD card and you are good to go(assuming you have installed Aroma and Sdcafiine). Here is the download link: (https://www.mediafire.com/file/gzjkocy7942lx1y/sdcafiine_jpn_to_english.7z/file)
this could be tagged as piracy. Better let everyone create their own modpacks

Mewtwodestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also.
1. Many applications like Mii Maker, Texture Atlas For Gamepad (Tv Remote), and Software/Data Transfer do not have UsEnglish folders. Is this normal, and can these games be turned to English?
2. Does this work with other games that aren't bundled with the wii u, such as Wii Party U?

Last edited by Mewtwodestroyer,

shadowdragon2579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! @Lazr1026 thanks for sharing this method. It works really well for the menu, and I also managed to translate the Settings app by using the code 0005001010047000

I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to find a relative list of codes to translate other areas, like the "Download Management" app?

Not having to overwrite system files is a huge plus, hats off to Aroma and the SDCafiine plugin!
can you go more in deph to what you mean by that

johnpatrixx

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I put together a pack for all of you who want to translate your Japanese Wii U to English. Most of the system will be translated with this pack. Just put the contents of the archive on the root of your SD card and you are good to go(assuming you have installed Aroma and Sdcafiine). Here is the download link: (redacted)
I can confirm that this work. Is there any way to completely change the language to English? Thank you in advance

ravijol1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I can confirm that this work. Is there any way to completely change the language to English? Thank you in advance
I cannot confirm yet, but i think that you can by changing the wii u region. It is risky tho and there is a chance that you can screw up your console. For changing the language without the region change, please download the pack again, since i updated the pack to include more translations. It is still not everything, but it is as good as it gets without region changing.

Last edited by ravijol1,
Reactions: johnpatrixx

johnpatrixx

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I cannot confirm yet, but i think that you can by changing the wii u region. It is risky tho and there is a chance that you can screw up your console. For changing the language without the region change, please download the pack again, since i updated the pack to include more translations. It is still not everything, but it is as good as it gets without region changing.
Thank you! I've done the region free thing on this console, does it still count?

ravijol1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thank you! I've done the region free thing on this console, does it still count?
No. Region free just allows other region games to run. You need to completely change the region: https://gbatemp.net/threads/region-changing-the-wii-u.650802/. Doing this, the gamepad i believe will only work in aroma, because it is region locked. I am also not completely sure, if that will allow you to change the language to english or not. It is also very risky and you could make your console unusable and unrepairable.

johnpatrixx

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No. Region free just allows other region games to run. You need to completely change the region: (redacted). Doing this, the gamepad i believe will only work in aroma, because it is region locked. I am also not completely sure, if that will allow you to change the language to english or not. It is also very risky and you could make your console unusable and unrepairable.
Oh bummer. I dont think I have the courage to do it. But thank you anyway 😄

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol