Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If his promise was the result of some payment, then sure. But this is something that is to be completely free. RL has twists and turns in it. Things happen, whether you like them or not. It's not his job/career to work on this. It's something he does on the side. It's part of his "free" time.

I'm just glad that people are reasonable regarding blargSNES's lack of development lately, because StapleButter, myself, etc all have to deal with RL, so we can't dedicate our lives to it.
Now your just splitting hairs 'the nature of the promise' give me a break.

And everyone has been cool with the lack of blargsnes development because no one cares about it. You guys threw a fit, took down the release thread, talked a bunch of shit about gbatemp and took it to another site. Now there are more stable emulators and VC that leave blargsnes obsolete before its finished.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is he really in jail? If he had released the exploit months ago his imprisonment would have not been in vane

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being mad at someone that promised you something and then didn't follow through is understandable. If you have never gotten made at someone for not following through with something, ever in your life for whatever reason, then I will accept that you are the example of what human beings should inspire to be. But I don't think that's the case.
Again, there's a difference between being upset at something and trying to screw someone in every way possible to get what you want.
We're talking maturity here.

Its beginning to smell a lot like bs around here: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=raid+ice+2016+wii+u+ps4 https://www.ice.gov/news/all

Maxconsoles is literally the ONLY site with this story. I wouldn't worry too much about the fate of these guys tbh.
Yeah, and the huge "EXCLUSIVE" smells like clickbait...

Last edited by deinonychus71,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Now your just splitting hairs 'the nature of the promise' give me a break.

And everyone has been cool with the lack of blargsnes development because no one cares about it. You guys threw a fit, took down the release thread, talked a bunch of shit about gbatemp and took it to another site. Now there are more stable emulators and VC that leave blargsnes obsolete before its finished.

You mean kinda like what's happening here so far? GBATemp is filled with self-entitled people who think they should get anything and everything they want at no expense to themselves, but to others, and rode the hate train when things didn't go their way. That is what drove StapleButter away, and that's what is being done with Hykem now. Those that have been calm have remained calm, as is evident by the continued talk of blargSNES here and in many other places on the internet. Not everyone has an n3DS to run the other more accurate emulators, hence why blargSNES is still a thing.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You mean kinda like what's happening here so far? GBATemp is filled with self-entitled people who think they should get anything and everything they want at no expense to themselves, but to others, and rode the hate train when things didn't go their way. That is what drove StapleButter away, and that's what is being done with Hykem now. Those that have been calm have remained calm, as is evident by the continued talk of blargSNES here and in many other places on the internet. Not everyone has an n3DS to run the other more accurate emulators, hence why blargSNES is still a thing.
Ok, I was a bit harsh. I apologize for that. But what triggered me is the remark about pirates. It was ignorantly stereotypical and perpetuates this flame war between two particular groups. The reason we have such little compared to other scenes is our inability to work together. Where you do have good points about the nature of alot of members here, you need to realise that the culprits aren't 'entitled pirates', it's children. This site is mostly inhabited by children that don't understand the scene let alone respect or patience. I just wish devs would account for them when they make announcements or start feeling 'stressed' and start taking it out on people.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was a bit harsh. I apologize for that. But what triggered me is the remark about pirates. It was ignorantly stereotypical and perpetuates this flame war between two particular groups. The reason we have such little compared to other scenes is our inability to work together. Where you do have good points about the nature of alot of members here, you need to realise that the culprits aren't 'entitled pirates', it's children. This site is mostly inhabited by children that don't understand the scene let alone respect or patience. I just wish devs would account for them when they make announcements or start feeling 'stressed' and start taking it out on people.

Alright. I gotcha. Not pirates in general. Heck, I've done my share of pirating (and still do if you at least consider it's how I test blargSNES). It's just unfortunate that the most vocal are just a small minority, but seems like it's the majority because the actual majority are not so out-spoken, but are simply content.

Reactions: daxtsu and WeedZ

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't forget about the PS3 and jtag Xbox 360
I was in exile before DarkAlex's retirement till last year with 3DS Pasta CFW. Knew of Wii success because of ironically Nintendo's Wii U failure.

I am not sure about PS2 though because I don't know much about homebrew prior to PSP. and still this date, soft modding PS2 requires some hand-on physical work (blocking sensors) or already modded memory card. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there a softmod for PS1?

Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo