Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

D

Deleted User

When you released it before its patched, it will be patched in the next update. When you wait, the exploit still works after the next 10 updates.
Okay, let's draw out this little scenario then:
  1. wait years on end for the next 10 updates to be established,
  2. sploit get's released... suprisingly. o.O
  3. Nintendo brings next update 2 months later, and OMFG it patches the kexploit! :O
  4. Nintendo ships bundles with that new firmware.
  5. Newbies buy that bundle by accident and soon whine for kexploit on that FW... :glare:
  6. Practically the same outcome of when it could've been released years ago. x(
I still stand on it being unfair because I know not to update my console. I am a wise person. I have updates blocked and I am prepared for the upcoming 5.5 kexploit myself...

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think he can be touched.....unless its all the documentation on wiiubrew is it????? if that all gets taken down then thats a sure sign of trouble....

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you released it before its patched, it will be patched in the next update. When you wait, the exploit still works after the next 10 updates.
lol, but how does this make ANY sense? If this was even close to logical, Nintendo should NEVER patch it, and then it will never get released. Do you see iPhone jailbreaks sit and wait for endless versions until it gets patched? They release what they have for the version it works on, so people have an entry point at the current release.

Thank god Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, PSP, NDS, PS2 and Wii scenes were not this way. People developed their tools for the pure sake of breaking open a system, for the pure sense of contributing to having complete control, not to dictate what people should use it for.

What's the point of breaking away from how Nintendo demands you use their system, just to jump over to how WiiU devs demand you use your system?

That said, I do retain a tremendous amount of respect for these guys. The personal passion and skill level it takes to even begin to decipher and break into these systems is WAY over my head and always will be. I don't demand AT ALL that they release what they have, the truly do not owe anything to anyone, but I will never agree/understand to the above quoted statement. It literally makes no sense and is completely contradictory to every successful "scene" for all other consoles.

Can you imagine if every other console/handheld devs clutched everything so closely as WiiU devs do? Even the latest 10.5/10.6 exploits/downgrades for 3DS. Those guys did their incredible work and released, because of all the people on 10.5/10.6 NOW. They didn't hold onto their shit until 12.9 and be like "OK IT GOT PATCHED IM'A RELEASE MY 'SPLOITZ FOR 10.6 NOW", meanwhile all the months/years between 10.6 and 12.9 no one would have had anything.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if its related but im currently struggling to download some files from one of those sites......constantly getting a 404 error

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
There was geohot with the Sony and Apple. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. However, a raid happening on all of these people is quite unheard of in the scene.
There was also graf_chokolo, SuperDAE and co., probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
RIP IOSU
2015-2016

It's not like anyone was gonna use this for much other than piracy anyways...
Its not like Nintendo isnt begging for hackers. no crossbuy or region free there asking for it. why would you want to spend money on a company that treats its fans like dirt. overpriced classics and they censor everything.

Last edited by Raylight,

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
that and the old 3ds cant play their new old snes games.. must buy new console to play old as shit games lol.
Well, the 3DS is simply not powerful enough to play SNES games with the accuracy level of the VC, so that's understandable. Use BlargSNES if you want to play SNES on O3DS :P

(Or just use your PC :^) )

Reactions: Raylight

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol, but how does this make ANY sense? If this was even close to logical, Nintendo should NEVER patch it, and then it will never get released. Do you see iPhone jailbreaks sit and wait for endless versions until it gets patched? They release what they have for the version it works on, so people have an entry point at the current release.
1. Afaik NO console ships with 5.5.x, so you can buy a kernel exploit ready console ANY TIME.
2. People are told not to update they consoles for MONTHs (like a year now)?
3. You can block updates
4. You can spoof your console to play online
5. You can patch the eshop to access it

There is NO point on having a 5.5.x console, and its the fault of the user to update it. Not the fault of the exploit devs.

I dont know what you think how easy it is to find a working exploit... When you found one, you want to make it to be accessable for many people.

Last edited by Maschell,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

result: Now the 5.5.1 people are happy, but when 5.6 or 6.0 is released, again everybody wants a (kernel) exploit.
Then why did releasing hacks for the 3ds make it easier to hack newer fw versions? Come to think of it, when stuff gets released for any system it only becomes easier to crack the updates. Prove me wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean I can tell the difference even with a high bitrate MP3 but I guess "it sounds good enough"
    Plus studio quality MP3's do exist, they are just like 512Kbps and are huge ass files lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I when I can i notice mp3 sounds worse
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I say "when i can" because I have some hearing problems
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, MP3s were designed to be as small as possible, so that they can be shared on the internet. WAVE files were more bigger in size and would take hours to upload back in the day.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, you hi too
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, what kind of headphones you use, fam? You run a DAC or anything?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore is decent for cheap
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I used to have my entire music collection in FLAC, but there is so many songs and devices that I want to store them that lossless compression wasn't enough, not to mention compatibility
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    a few years ago I decided to convert everything to mp3 with a relatively high bitrate, I had a terrible feeling I would regret doing that but to honest, I couldn't tell the difference in the audio quality after I did that
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got rid of my local music collection years ago when I subscribed to Google Play Music. Big regerts
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm planning to start building it back up though. Plus, Usenet automation around music downloading has gotten so much better since then
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or...